Microsoft OneCare Beta

i cant wait for onecare to be out, i have been waiting for a program like this, at the moment i spend about hour every week doing defrags, cleanup, and all the scans, it will be nice not to have to worry so much about it.

586241067[/snapback]

I have Diskeeper Professional, Symantec Norton Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition, etc. and I have everything set to run at night when I sleep so I never have to worry about anything. OneCare will still probably be useful though, I look forward to using it.

if u have to pay for it i for sure wont use it as there are many freeware applications that do what this does..

firewall> sygate / kerio

antitrojan n all that crap u got ad-aware/spywareblaster/spybot/microsoft antispyware/winpatrol list goes on

if u have to pay for it i for sure wont use it as there are many freeware applications that do what this does..

firewall> sygate / kerio

antitrojan n all that crap u got ad-aware/spywareblaster/spybot/microsoft antispyware/winpatrol list goes on

586241154[/snapback]

Yes. Freeware is good also but I really kinda like products made by Trend Micro and Symantec.

For those that want to see what it looks like... here it is. Note: the screenshot is in JPEG, not PNG, so you probably don't get to see the alpha rendering in the actual program. It actually looks shiny on my LCD display.

In case you are wondering, the Performance Tune up feature is basically performing the following tasks:

- Check your computer for virus (scanning kinda slow as opposed to Symantec)

- Check your computer for files needed backup (not sure about its backup criteria yet)

- Defragment your hard disk (not sure if it is using its own built-in defrag program)

- Remove unnecesary files from your computer

586239107[/snapback]

cool ty

How is the OneCare Firewall better than the standard Windows XP SP2 Firewall?

Hmm. Will OneCare be compatible with LH?!

586240724[/snapback]

The OneCare Firewall provides these features

- Control inbound traffic (same as any other firewalls out there)

- Controls outbound traffic through program & version fingerprint (Kinda like the good old Norton and former ZoneAlarm)

- Specifying a "range" of ports for inbound connection (for services like sFTP Server, Web Server, BitTorrent etc I suppose).

This appears to be the continuation of the PC Satisfaction Trial from a while back. I always hoped they'd do something with that :)

This appears to be the continuation of the PC Satisfaction Trial from a while back. I always hoped they'd do something with that :)

586243276[/snapback]

Well, they did? The detection features in PC Satisfaction are in fact the Security Center in XP SP2. I suppose you are referring to the CD backup feature. PC Satisfaction did not come with antivirus scanning and firewall feature if I recall properly.

Someone asked if it is leaked or not. The answer is no because the web installation requires a serial key, which is linked to your .NET Passport. If you insist on trying it out, here is the link https://beta.windowsonecare.com/install/def...FreeTrial&ar=no

Just wanted to share this news with you guys. MS Onecare beta is a go. I'm downloading it right now. The build number is 0.6.0692.04.

post-30870-1121889198_thumb.jpg

post-30870-1121889225_thumb.jpg

post-30870-1121889654_thumb.jpg

post-30870-1121891128_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zucker2k

Where from? I've signed up for the beta testing but haven't heard anything yet.

586243601[/snapback]

my question exactly...

--edit--

and another question is the AV and the Firewall...is it provided by MS or do you use your own?...:/

:unsure:

Welcome to the Windows OneCare? Live Beta!

Congratulations! Based on the nomination form you completed, you have been accepted into the select Windows OneCare beta testing program.

I didnt complete any forms...I just took a look at the website?

Whats going on? I dont have time to beta test this

Give it me then :p

586243678[/snapback]

dude this aint funny lmao...is this some automated system?

I received a product key and all...but they cant do this...its not fair lol.

You must of Completed Something For Microsoft, I will Happy take that Beta if You if U dnt Want it!

I cant give it away guys sorry. :( (the product key is probably linked? to my account)

I didnt complete anything though, thats why im baffled.