Free Ubuntu Linux - shipped to you

word... i signed up ther 2 weeks ago, still havent gotten em.

any1 else sign up n get up? if so how long did it take?

586241152[/snapback]

takes awhile depending on where you are.

why not download the iso and burn it yourself?

586241173[/snapback]

My burner was working on my old computer, and since then I've gotten a new computer that could burn the .iso, but I ordered them about 3 months ago and got them about 4 days ago.

I live in India.I had ordered 3 copies about 6 months back and had recieved them in about 45 days.

I ordered 1 copy of the newer version about 4 weeks ago.Havent recvieved them yet.

Btw.there have been reports that india's custom office has been putting duties on these things if they come in large bundles.So some people who had ordered say 100 copies ended up paying Rs 800 as duties.

I ordered 2 live CD's and 3 install discs for the PowerPC AMD E64 and x86 about 6 months ago maybe? took about 2 months to arrive, the discs are really nice look very professional the holder is lousy but the discs are really nice.

I give the service 10/10 for being 100% free :)

be patient man

its free we can not screm :D

586246509[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm happy receiving them about 2 months after registration though they arrived like a garbage pack. :D

I ordered about, oh, 150 or so total. The first pack came in two bags about 4 months later, when I had totally forgotten about them ;)

The second came about 2 months later, though I ordered a lot less.

Just ordered 210

edit: nvm...they just emailed me telling me that I was at the top of the list because I ordered so many and they wanted to know what I was going to do with them. So I just changed my order to 10

Edited by bremic9188

Come on, people... There is no need to order 50 of them just because you can. :no:

They are providing a great FREE service to those who may not be able to download and burn their own CDs, or for those with honest intentions of distributing them to others who may be interested in installing Linux.

Come on, people...  There is no need to order 50 of them just because you can. :no:

They are providing a great FREE service to those who may not be able to download and burn their own CDs, or for those with honest intentions of distributing them to others who may be interested in installing Linux.

586256205[/snapback]

Yea your right, why do people need so many CDs? you can and are encourage to copy the CDs (says so on the back on the CD holders). Seems like taking advantage of them but they are too nice to know it. Lets not abuse it to where they charge for shipping. Its free shipping for us but its has to cost something for them.

I ordered 5 of each platform, I have a x86 and a mac so there are two. Plus I work with people that have AMD64s and Macs so I'll give them to them...

I ordered 3 sets of the x86 ones months ago and got them in about 3 weeks.

Order a couple and pass them out to friends as they suggest but don't abuse the service by ordering 50 if you're not planning on sharing them with others.

Yea your right, why do people need so many CDs? you can and are encourage to copy the CDs (says so on the back on the CD holders). Seems like taking advantage of them but they are too nice to know it. Lets not abuse it to where they charge for shipping. Its free shipping for us but its has to cost something for them.

586256253[/snapback]

Mark Shuttleworth and Canonical Ltd, founders of the popular Ubuntu Linux-based operating system, are the creators of The Ubuntu Foundation with an initial funding commitment of US$10m. Mark is the first South African (And African) in space! Mark does this out of the goodness of his heart and the service should not be abused!