Free Ubuntu Linux - shipped to you

Well......i ordered 100 in the hope they come in cases i can use for the cdr's i buy on spindles. I've tried ubuntu and it's another distro that doesn't recognise my modem, so i really wont be installing it. If they come in paper/plastic flexi covers, i'll be happy with that too, cos i'm shipping a bunch of cd's to the states and putting them in the paper/plastic covers will make it cheaper for me to ship. All in all i'm a cheap ******. As for the cd's themselves, not sure what i'll do with them, but throwing them out and wasting them isn't an option anyway. :p

Okay, now I'm ****** OFF!

When the Hoary Hedgehog was released in April, I signed up for 2 x86 CD, 1 AMD64 CD and 1 PowerPC CD which I was/am planning to use.

I still haven't recieved the CDs and I see that people with 10/20/30/40/50/60/(nx10) requested CDs are getting theirs? WTF?

tiagosilva29, I am sure that they are quite busy trying to meet the demand for all the people that are ordering sets of 100 just to use the CD covers. :no:

I ordered nine, people if you want cd's abuse Microsofts system and keep on ordering SP2 on cd :rofl:

Edited by madnuke

I ordered nice, people if you want cd's abuse Microsofts system and keep on ordering SP2 on cd  :rofl:

586269990[/snapback]

I don't think you can order a batch of 100 from Microsoft, anyhow. :p

Well......i ordered 100 in the hope they come in cases i can use for the cdr's i buy on spindles.

586257016[/snapback]

Now thats just abuse, CD cases are cheap these days.

Those of you who ordered 100 CDs act like they have an unlimited supply.

Congratulations, you've just held up the line for people who actually want it.

I ordered 100, but before I'm trolled to death, I plan on putting them on the counter at my shop with a "take one free" sign above it. I often have a lot of people in my shop, so I thought I would help promote ubuntu by giving it away to these people. ;)

I ordered 100, but before I'm trolled to death, I plan on putting them on the counter at my shop with a "take one free" sign above it. I often have a lot of people in my shop, so I thought I would help promote ubuntu by giving it away to these people. ;)

586270176[/snapback]

Ah well thats fair enough :yes:

I might order 2 (one 32bit for laptop and one 64bit ver for desktop) what version they on, horny hedgehog doesnt like my laptop very much it seems and i cant be bothered to play about to get it working properly

i want to try linux but i want to be install and go type thing, i wouldnt mind if driver installation wasnt a big headache

586270176[/snapback]

That's reasonable. :)

Ah well thats fair enough  :yes:

I might order 2 (one 32bit for laptop and one 64bit ver for desktop) what version they on, horny hedgehog doesnt like my laptop very much it seems and i cant be bothered to play about to get it working properly

i want to try linux but i want to be install and go type thing, i wouldnt mind if driver installation wasnt a big headache

586270228[/snapback]

:rofl:

This is so gonna help the free source technology :) I love Linux, I used it a few times, to be precise Knoppix for my studies, very user friendly (not that much as Windows but still very nice OS) :)

I don't think you can order a batch of 100 from Microsoft, anyhow. :p

586270007[/snapback]

Plus they come in a crappy carboard flipbook type thingy. :angry:

hmmm a few months is too much. Once you receive the CD the next version is probably shiping by then. But I love the fact that they don<t charge! Yet I hate people that abuse of such a great service! Thanks to them... we rarely see these types of services! They just can<t due to abuse!

Do they send some kind of e-mail notification or anything? I haven't heard a word from them since I signed up. Am I just going to see a box of CDs in my mailbox someday?

Do they send some kind of e-mail notification or anything?  I haven't heard a word from them since I signed up.  Am I just going to see a box of CDs in my mailbox someday?

586271683[/snapback]

I never got any email confirmation - they just turned up one day.

I feel sorry for the Ubuntu team they have offered a free service and you people are taking such libertys ordering 10 when you only need 1, some of you even ordering over 100 CD's what is wrong with you people? :no: I ordered 3 discs 1 of each PowerPC Intel and e64 that is how much you guys need and you are spoiling a great service.

ordered 20 cds a few months ago.. gave 19 of em away, got one sitting here.. shame it doesn't play well with my laptop, desktops all sweet tho :)

Ordered 10 x86 disks, I am going to be trying to get some friends of mine to swich to Linux with them, 9 of them and the rest.....[findingnemogulls]mine mine mine[/findingnemogulls]