Free Ubuntu Linux - shipped to you

I still haven't got my Hoary CDs I ordered 3 months ago but I hope they don't come and my order gets delayed just long enough that they become Breezy CDs! ;)

Okay this sucks, none of the 10 cds I ordered seem to work. I was trying to format my Fedora installation and use them and none of them work. They kept giving off different errors.

Okay this sucks, none of the 10 cds I ordered seem to work. I was trying to format my Fedora installation and use them and none of them work. They kept giving off different errors.

586276878[/snapback]

Sounds like a drive problem, not a media problem. Can you try them in another PC?

I feel sorry for the Ubuntu team they have offered a free service and you people are taking such libertys ordering 10 when you only need 1, some of you even ordering over 100 CD's what is wrong with you people? :no: I ordered 3 discs 1 of each PowerPC Intel and e64 that is how much you guys need and you are spoiling a great service.

586272701[/snapback]

The default amount on the site is set @ 10, i think it's no problem for them, they jsut want folks to spread Open srouce, but 100 is a bit too much. But if they ship 100 with no prob... then no prob. ;)

Sounds like a drive problem, not a media problem. Can you try them in another PC?

Yeah but I dont think my burner would cause it to have problems with the bootloader. That was the first error I encountered, it managed to format but it came up with a bootloader problem afterwards. Then I think after it just couldnt format at all.

Just got 1 x86 and well thats it I guess. What is the new intel macs going to be classified as?

586287079[/snapback]

x86... since they're moving to intel they obviously wouldn't use the ppc arch.

I feel sorry for the Ubuntu team they have offered a free service and you people are taking such libertys ordering 10 when you only need 1, some of you even ordering over 100 CD's what is wrong with you people? :no: I ordered 3 discs 1 of each PowerPC Intel and e64 that is how much you guys need and you are spoiling a great service.

586272701[/snapback]

From the Ubuntu web site:

Since shipping will often be more than the cost of the CDs, please feel free to request multiple CDs to give away and share with friends.
How Many CDs Can I Order?

You should use your judgment and limit yourself to a reasonable number of CDs for yourself and to give to your friends and coworkers. If you order a large number of CDs, you will be automatically contacted by Canonical staff to confirm who will ask about how you intend to use the CDs and to confirm the order.

The simple fact is they what you to order more than one. Give them to friends co-workers relatives. Those people inturn do not have to order since they allready have one now. So you have save them money by not having one cd shipped to all those people that you gave one to. It is the shipping that cost.

They sent me 10 pairs of intel cds and all of them was corrupted.

586289254[/snapback]

That is most likelly a driver problem. I can't see all 10 being bad. Have you tried the Live CD allso?

my cd's look the same as the one above, but all have worked thus far, live and install. it took like 4 months to get them in, but they came, and i'm actually on the live version of the x86 one at the moment, and i'm seriously comtemplating dumping windows for this as my main os. go ubuntu!

you mean we can't order any more?

i just ordered 15 copies yesterday.

586320836[/snapback]

I mean no more reply from our friends

i just like to read there replys realy something nice

:woot:

Okay, now I'm ****** OFF!

When the Hoary Hedgehog was released in April, I signed up for 2 x86 CD, 1 AMD64 CD and 1 PowerPC CD which I was/am planning to use.

I still haven't recieved the CDs and I see that people with 10/20/30/40/50/60/(nx10) requested CDs are getting theirs? WTF?

586259766[/snapback]

tiagosilva29, I am sure that they are quite busy trying to meet the demand for all the people that are ordering sets of 100 just to use the CD covers. :no:

586260464[/snapback]

I just got them. 5 months later! :crazy:

And now I don't have access to PPC and AMD64 computers, since my friends are on vacations! :crazy:

I'm going to kill people at random in the street.