Free Ubuntu Linux - shipped to you

Man this is turning into the thread that never goes away. I guess it just shows what you can do when you have billions of dollars to throw around. It's already probably the single most read thread we've ever had on the linux section of Neowin.

Personally though, I'd rather just live without all the hype.

GJ

Edited by raid517

Is that all?

586495316[/snapback]

Yeah well, someone i know has order 10,000 using different names and used 3 different housing address's. He has also used different emails and used private proxys so that his IP address wouldn't be same as the other orders.

He is a gimp. I hope he doesn't get them. He has only 1 PC.

I just got mine today!(8-10-2005) :p (40 of them)

Edited by obiewankinobie

Im gonna order the max possible but I do have reason. Around here there is a tech gathering in a few months and im hoping to get all the CDs by then so the guys at the Linux section can give them out. They always tell me that they have a shortage every time they do the gathering.

Whats the max you can order (of each)?

I live in India.I had ordered 3 copies about 6 months back and had recieved them in about 45 days.

I ordered 1 copy of the newer version about 4 weeks ago.Havent recvieved them yet.

Btw.there have been reports that india's custom office has been putting duties on these things if they come in large bundles.So some people who had ordered say 100 copies ended up paying Rs 800 as duties.

586246380[/snapback]

They really are a bunch of SOB's, aren't they

Why do people order 10 copies, or 50, or 100? You don't need that many. Just order one and if you want to give it to friends or something make your own copies. Ubuntu is nice enough to do this and people take advantage of them. :no:

Our CD shipping database is currently closed for orders pending our next release -- 5.10 codenamed the "Breezy Badger" release. It is scheduled to be released in early October!

anyhoo. Does anyone know how long it takes to be shipped to england? I ordered a copy like 2 months ago or something, still no CD :(

raid517: Well as you pretty much know what this thread is contain when someone posts, why read it? :p

Why do people order 10 copies, or 50, or 100? You don't need that many. Just order one and if you want to give it to friends or something make your own copies. Ubuntu is nice enough to do this and people take advantage of them. no.gif

What about the people who don't have CD burners - which is why they didn't just download a copy for themselves because they wouldn't be able to burn it? Ubuntu want you to order in bulk, it works out cheaper for postage & manufacturing. Obviously ordering 50 kabillion-ma-zillion would just be plain stupid. But 100 is good, like if you're a computing teacher in a school/college/uni, you could give out copies to students.

Why do people order 10 copies, or 50, or 100? You don't need that many. Just order one and if you want to give it to friends or something make your own copies. Ubuntu is nice enough to do this and people take advantage of them. :no:

586521234[/snapback]

What do you think that they will do with so many copies? :woot: :wacko:

BTW: I receive them too...

:D