[CRICKET] Ashes 2005 Thread

I think you'll find England are ranked second in the world. And they're giving No.1 a good run for their money.

586438372[/snapback]

Australia on the field is far from reflecting their rank. :laugh:

Ponting apologises for run-out reaction

Ponting first argued with the umpire (Aleem Dar), then abused the England fielders and finally abused the Balcony in a very agitated fashion. He could be banned from the last test match. Could it a big blow or a blessing in disguise ?

Australia on the field is far from reflecting their rank. :laugh:

Ponting apologises for run-out reaction

Ponting first argued with the umpire (Aleem Dar), then abused the England fielders and finally abused the Balcony in a very agitated fashion. He could be banned from the last test match. Could it a big blow or a blessing in disguise ?

586441999[/snapback]

Bash the Australian cricket team all you want, but you are forgetting that we have held the Ashes for the last 18 years. THAT is why we are ranked number 1 in the world.

England has a great side this year. I say good for them! Finally we (australia) have encountered competition that can actually give us a run for our money. It just amuses me, now that England is winning games against us, Australia is being bashed left and right for being a bad side. lol I say the English have selective memories. It's okay to indulge in victories, but they forget that we have been mopping the pitch with them for the past 18 years now....... :laugh:

Bash the Australian cricket team all you want, but you are forgetting that we have held the Ashes for the last 18 years. THAT is why we are ranked number 1 in the world.

586442039[/snapback]

They continue to play bad cricket, I'll keep criticizing. Is it wrong or should I blindly support them even if they keep churning out trashy cricket.

England has a great side this year. I say good for them! Finally we (australia) have encountered competition that can actually give us a run for our money. It just amuses me, now that England is winning games against us, Australia is being bashed left and right for being a bad side. lol I say the English have selective memories. It's okay to indulge in victories, but they forget that we have been mopping the pitch with them for the past 18 years now.......  :laugh:

586442039[/snapback]

Remembering the history is a good thing but dwelving too much on it is even worse. :rofl: Shall I remind you of the great West Indian team ? Where are they now ? LMAO :laugh: Shall I remind you that Australia failed to win a test series at home against India couple of years back? See better to concentrate on present when you are in trouble and give it your best shot. ;)

Even former Australian players are criticizing Australia. Chappell echoed what I kept saying here on Neowin, Australia doesnt have any world class players on the horizon and half of their team is on the verge of retirement. I bet its time Australia inducted some fresh talent into their team and give the experienced players a break. After all, the "Rotation System" that Australia was so proud of couple of years back is no where in sight now ? :rofl:

England has a great side this year. I say good for them! Finally we (australia) have encountered competition that can actually give us a run for our money. It just amuses me, now that England is winning games against us, Australia is being bashed left and right for being a bad side. lol I say the English have selective memories. It's okay to indulge in victories, but they forget that we have been mopping the pitch with them for the past 18 years now.......  :laugh:

586442039[/snapback]

Fairly true statement.

Its amazing how like with the rugby, all the supporters seem to appear when the england team is winning.

I try and watch each series that England participate in, wether we have a chance of winning or not.

It is great watching the Aussies being walloped out of sight, long may it continue, however 18 years is a long time to have waited for this and with another test to go the series is certainly not over.

Even former Australian players are criticizing Australia. Chappell echoed what I kept saying here on Neowin, Australia doesnt have any world class players on the horizon and half of their team is on the verge of retirement. I bet its time Australia inducted some fresh talent into their team and give the experienced players a break. After all, the "Rotation System" that Australia was so proud of couple of years back is no where in sight now ? :rofl:

586442059[/snapback]

Exactly.. even after all this yrs. they aus still depends on Mc.grath on bowling when he was about to retire.. England might win their first world cup :D if they keep playing like that.. but they better watch out for Srilanka cz they whitewashed W.I and beat INdia in INdian Oil Cup few days ago..

Exactly.. even after all this yrs. they aus still depends on Mc.grath on bowling when he was about to retire.. England might win their first world cup :D  if they keep playing like that.. but they better watch out for Srilanka cz they whitewashed W.I and beat INdia in INdian Oil Cup few days ago..

586443436[/snapback]

England is not only the rising team now, like you said Srilanka has also made good progress recently. Pakistan is another good team in the making.

Macth Update:

England need 129 runs to win.

England win and lead the Ashes 2-1.  :rofl:

So much for all the predictions by Australians and their supporters. Pity !  :yes:

586444226[/snapback]

looking back at THIS REPORT makes one chuckle a little.....ahh the arrogance of it all!!!!!

Well Aussies need to win next Test match to retain the Ashes, the final test match is going to be the best one by far.

The English in the back of their mind will think that they've won the Ashes after 18 years and won't play to the best of their ability. Whereas the Aussies will try everything in the book to win this game.

I think it'll go down to the wire with England holding on :D

The Aussies aren't playing that well, and have whinged quite a bit, but this is just one year. England has been dormant for a VERY long time, in practically any international sport. Rugby - it took them awhile, and now without Wilkinson, they were totally bulldozed by New Zealand | Cricket - one word. Finally. | Tennis - Henman's never won a major title, doesn't look set to do so. | Soccer/Football - top ten international side, but doesn't look set to take out the World Cup anytime soon either.

English people remember a lot of things, but they remember only what they want to remember. Like this year's Ashes.

The Aussies aren't playing that well, and have whinged quite a bit, but this is just one year. England has been dormant for a VERY long time, in practically any international sport. Rugby - it took them awhile, and now without Wilkinson, they were totally bulldozed by New Zealand | Cricket - one word. Finally. | Tennis - Henman's never won a major title, doesn't look set to do so. | Soccer/Football - top ten international side, but doesn't look set to take out the World Cup anytime soon either.

English people remember a lot of things, but they remember only what they want to remember. Like this year's Ashes.

586476371[/snapback]

Well, England havent played that great either. Its just that Australia is playing so bad that England is still having the upper hand.

Look at the Australian players, almost all of them are whining publicly rather than focusing on the last test. Great teams (even Australia when they were good) do all the talking on the pitch rather than press conferences. :D

some major changes need to be made if we cant score a high total tonight.. after we bowl england out of course which could take all day by the way we are playing lol

I don't see why the Aussies went in, they need all the time they can get if they are going to win this game. And with rain predicted tomorrow, it could be more time sitting out. So, I'm guessing that if there is rain tomorrow, the game will not be finished, sp it will be a draw.