[CRICKET] Ashes 2005 Thread

Wonder what would be the strategy of England now. Too less time remaining in the game for something competitive. I don't think England would give it to Australia to chase for anything less than 300 runs on the board. But it was good to see Australia fall like a pack of cards today :D

I am really surprised. When I woke up today, I saw that score of 319/3 Australia. I just checked the score and they could not even add 50 runs with last 7 wickets. I think this is going to be an interesting match.

As much as I really want England to win/draw this match, I really don't think it was fair on the aussies to go off

Yes it was a bit dim, but the rules say that you can only stop the match due to bad light if the fact that there's bad light causes a danger. Hardly seems very dangerous

(though as unfair as it was I'm still relieved.......Warne scares me :p )

Aus are all out for 367 :D :D Flintoff and Harmison have been swinging the ball all over the place :D :D

586508902[/snapback]

Don't you mean Flintoff and Hoggard

and Hey! i'm from Bristol too, whereabouts you live?

:blink: hope so ....stupid bad light....why the fk dont they use ground lights!11

586512693[/snapback]

The reason is simple, in test cricket they use a red ball, and at 90 mph you can not see it! Cricket played under lights uses a WHITE BALL and black sight screens.

Warne will take 8 wickets. Poms will be all out for 150.

Aussies will pass their score 6 wickets down.

Australia will retain the Ashes.

586511494[/snapback]

You got owned ... baby ! :shifty:

post-32225-1126542859.jpg

I cannot help but pity & laugh at all those who predicted an Australian victory. :rofl:

You got owned ... baby ! :shifty:

post-32225-1126542859.jpg

I cannot help but pity & laugh at all those who predicted an Australian victory.  :rofl:

586514291[/snapback]

At last me and jerry can settle our differences and unite under the safe, warm blanket of an inevitable England victory.

Well we regain the ashes, Warne has to be Man-of-the series and Pietersen Man-of-the-match.

I think even due to loss of some sessions we still would not have lost this game.

As the the plank that sent the Australian team death threats via e-mail I hope you get 25 years of hard labor on Van Diemen's Island !

i dont really understand cricket. but hasnt england pretty much won now? theyve all gone off!

586514418[/snapback]

Its bad light so everyone stops playing, until the umpire deceides that the light is better and its better then the reading on his little gadget he has

i dont really understand cricket. but hasnt england pretty much won now? theyve all gone off!

586514418[/snapback]

England have pretty much drawn this test and in effect winning the Ashes. (they lead the series 2-1 before this test)

post-32225-1126545084.jpg