Zone Alarm 6 final out

Seems like the final of this is out?

http://www.zonelabs.com

I dont see anything about it being a beta and I did a search and didnt see this elsewhere on Neowin. I havent been following the progress of 6 so sorry if this is a beta or something :blush:

Edited by slysy

I hope vsmon is lighter on memory now...

586248747[/snapback]

Just updated to 6, vsmon jumped from 7 to 17. Uninstalled it and now the earlier version will not install.

Does zone alarm 6 still have the problem with the memory leak with beyond tv 3

586248941[/snapback]

It's suppost to be fixed...

How do I update to Zone Alarm 6 Pro?? Do I just enter the same licence key from my older version?

EDIT: Works fine just by downloading the trial and choosing to "upgrade"

Edited by Martyn

cool.

but you know what the saying is.... Never buy or upgrade software to any version with .0 eg. 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, there is always a major bug to be fixed in an update so maybe 6.01 and so one would be more stable. ;)

I'll still test the trial though. ;)

Just updated to 6, vsmon jumped from 7 to 17.? Uninstalled it and now the earlier version will not install.

586248903[/snapback]

Vsmon jumped from 11 MB to nearly 25 MB. Memory usage doesn't bother me too much, so I'll let it pass.

the whole suite is taking so much ram.? I'll keep kerio 2.1.5

is there any screenshots somewhere?

586249556[/snapback]

No need for new screenshots. The UI is exactly the same as version 5, except there's some new icons.

The new built in anti spyware feature seems to be ineffective - it finished scanning in a few seconds and it detected one of Shareaza's DLLs as spyware.

Another new feature, the 'OS Firewall', seems to be interesting. I'd have to use this thing for a few days to test its effectiveness.

EDIT: Look at this. Am I seeing something strange here?

Kerio is better I find.

ZoneAlarm has become bloated IMO.

586249597[/snapback]

exactly my thought but for kerio 2.1.5 because recent versions are now huge :(

Kerio is better I find.

ZoneAlarm has become bloated IMO.

586249597[/snapback]

Bloatware is the big problem with new software these days :rolleyes: But I'm gonna give ZA 6 a try and see how it is.

the whole suite is taking so much ram.  I'll keep kerio 2.1.5

is there any screenshots somewhere?

586249556[/snapback]

i haven't used zone alarm for a long time, switched to kerio also.

if someone's using ZA6, please post some screens.

Another new feature, the 'OS Firewall', seems to be interesting. I'd have to use this thing for a few days to test its effectiveness.

586249582[/snapback]

Their OS firewall is basically a thing that monitors the activities of program in the computer to prevent programs from hijacking other programs. This new OS firewall seems to monitor process injection, launchers, what program monitors keystrokes/clicks and some other stuff. Basically it is to stop all those leaktests that use unconventional means to bypass software firewalls.

Sadly the OS firewall puts ever program that you load in the program list... and I see no option to turn it off. I will not accept seeing MSPaint and Notepad get added to the programs list :rolleyes: I think I'll pass on this update until ZoneLabs is finally arsed to do things right.

post-38325-1121990891_thumb.jpg