04 Saleen VS Supra

IF both cars where stock with one will win?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. IF both cars where stock with one will win?

• 04 Saleen Mustang
    • 93-98 Toyota Supra

The Supra would pull on the Saleen, but the Saleen would eat up the 350Z, if the 350Z was bone stock, Saleen's are practically modified Mustangs, so yeah.

Supra

And what are the specs on the 350z and the 04 saleen mustang? It really depends on the driver also.

586250947[/snapback]

350z has around 280hp and torque is a joke. 04 saleen has around 390hp.

mustangs have inefficient engines

586250959[/snapback]

how would you know? have you driven one? stock vs stock a c5 corvette will beat a stock subra and a cobra will beat a stock c5 vette. so a 04 cobra will definately beat a supra.

i mean supras are fantastic cars but they are well out of their prime.

These polls are stupid. You're going to have a bunch of computer nerds guessing who will win, or more likely, they'll just pick the car they prefer. All you have to do is do some research using google. Look up the 1/4 mile times for the cars you are interested in. The experience and abilitly of a driver is usually more important than the type of car when it comes to racing, anyway. Besides, real racing involves turns where handling and complete driver skill is involved.

These polls are stupid.  You're going to have a bunch of computer nerds guessing who will win, or more likely, they'll just pick the car they prefer.  All you have to do is do some research using google.  Look up the 1/4 mile times for the cars you are interested in.  The experience and abilitly of a driver is usually more important than the type of car when it comes to racing, anyway.  Besides, real racing involves turns where handling and complete driver skill is involved.

586251030[/snapback]

lol try handling a 800-1400hp car and then tell me that drag racing doesnt take skill.

you cant compair a stock car to a modded car. But if the supra stock the mustang. If the supra modded, it would win without a doubt

586251037[/snapback]

they are both stock.

Down the straight line, nothing touches american muscle. :p

I'd still take a Nissan 240SX over any of those cars, except the Supra TT. :p

lol try handling a 800-1400hp car and then tell me that drag racing doesnt take skill.

586251038[/snapback]

A stock Supra, stock 350Z, or a stock Saleen Mustang don't have 800+hp. Those are professional drag racing horsepower numbers not something the average person would be driving on the street. Besides, I never said it didn't take skill to drag race.

How much HP does a 03 cobra have?

586251085[/snapback]

390 to the crank

:no:

586251093[/snapback]

lol i think you have been watching too much the fast and the furious.

586251038[/snapback]

well try handling an 800-1400hp modified car around corners for a race that lasts more than 26 seconds, and is more complex than a straight line, and tell me that the car won't be destroyed.

There's a reason professional racing regulates their races in terms of horsepower/weight, and there's a reason why you don't see 1400hp circuit races.

A stock Supra, stock 350Z, or a stock Saleen Mustang don't have 800+hp.  Those are professional drag racing horsepower numbers not something the average person would be driving on the street.  Besides, I never said it didn't take skill to drag race.

586251109[/snapback]

well actually a lot of amateurs are driving 800-1000hp cars. 3000 and 7000hp like the top fuel dragster are what professionals drive.

an s281 saleen is basically a gt with some minor upgrades and a body kit. a 03 cobra has a 4 valve head, iron block, forged pistons, and an eaton supercharger. with 400-600 dollars you can get 500-515 hp out of it.

well actually a lot of amateurs are driving 800-1000hp cars.  3000 and 7000hp like the top fuel dragster are what professionals drive.

an s281 saleen is basically a gt with some minor upgrades and a body kit.  a 03 cobra has a 4 valve head, iron block, forged pistons, and an eaton supercharger.  with 400-600 dollars you can get 500-515 hp out of it.

586251142[/snapback]

You're right. I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. I was just watching drag racing today and they were saying the engines are right at 8000hp. 800-1000hp is more along oval and road course hp numbers, but is nothing when it comes to hardcore drag racing.

well try handling an 800-1400hp modified car around corners for a race that lasts more than 26 seconds, and is more complex than a straight line, and tell me that the car won't be destroyed.

There's a reason professional racing regulates their races in terms of horsepower/weight, and there's a reason why you don't see 1400hp circuit races.

586251138[/snapback]

thats two different scenarios. no one in their right mind would take a drag car and try to use it on a circuit track. ive driven a mid 500 hp car, owned a low 400hp car and ive been in 800+ hp/torque cars. dont tell me that trying to keep a car straight and listening to the motor does not take a lot of skill. most people cant even keep a cobra straight because of how hard it torques.