04 Saleen VS Supra

IF both cars where stock with one will win?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. IF both cars where stock with one will win?

• 04 Saleen Mustang
    • 93-98 Toyota Supra

mustangs have a muscle car history, and when comparing it to any other car the assumed race is a drag race, there are other cars from ford and the rest of the american automakers designed for tracks. If you want to race on a track use the new gt40 from ford, if you want to race at the strip use the mustang.

Just to Clarify for all those, the 350Z is not called a 350Z due to horsepower. It his called the 350Z because it has a 3.5 liter. 240Sx has a 2.4 liter. 300 zx has a 3.0 liter. I think you all get the picture. It is not done by horsepower numbers at all.

mustangs have a muscle car history, and when comparing it to any other car the assumed race is a drag race, there are other cars from ford and the rest of the american automakers designed for tracks.  If you want to race on a track use the new gt40 from ford, if you want to race at the strip use the mustang.

586298323[/snapback]

Umm the Gt40 might beat a mustang in a drag also..... :huh:

Sorry I had to comment on this i wouldn't usually

a Supra TT is like 320BHP and 285 Torque

an 350Z is 350BHP and 348 Torque

a Saleen Mustang is 390 no idea on torque and weighs **** loads.

the 350Z is gonna eat them for breakfast.

586291795[/snapback]

lol who told you the 350z made 350hp? lol it makes 290. with 290hp its still neck and neck with a mustang gt. you obviously need to get your facts straight.

lol who told you the 350z made 350hp? lol it makes 290.  with 290hp its still neck and neck with a mustang gt.  you obviously need to get your facts straight.

586311963[/snapback]

If you read this thread some people were saying that it's 350 HP in Europe.

Get your facts straight.

If you read this thread some people were saying that it's 350 HP in Europe.

Get your facts straight.

586311978[/snapback]

and the fact being that the 350 only makes 284hp regardless what country you buy it from. looks like you need to get YOUR facts straight before you contribute more bs to this thread.

http://www.nissan.co.uk/data/flat_pages/02...Z_tech_spec.pdf

and the fact being that the 350 only makes 284hp regardless what country you buy it from.  looks like you need to get YOUR facts straight before you contribute more bs to this thread.

http://www.nissan.co.uk/data/flat_pages/02...Z_tech_spec.pdf

586316990[/snapback]

Did you even read what I said?

Great job, I said people were claiming that it was 350z due to 350 HP in Europe.

That's what caused the confusion which in no way deserved a kick to the mouth from you.

Does it really matter who wins?

The Supra you can't get new anymore, and like someone already stated, is out of it's prime. As much respect I have for the Supra, it's just outdated. Sure, I love seeing that 2JZ run 1400hp and whatnot, but really, there are reasons why it got killed killed off. If the car isn't a streetable car, I'm not impressed.

The Mustang is a fantastic car, sweet bang for its buck. However, I think unless SVT can get their hands on it, power is very lacking. Although, it's worth noting that (IIRC, Onelap? or was it SCCA something) the 'Stang's new suspension helped whip up some 3-Series around the track!

03' Cobra can't be beat.. cough cough except by some four door mommy sedans. Haha.

Oh the 350z. What a beautiful car. The V35Q (I think that's what it's called) is such a sweet engine and responds wonderfully to mods. However, it's just not attractive to me, and because of that, I'll pass and pick the G35 is I really had to.

Umm the Gt40 might beat a mustang in a drag also..... :huh:

586305759[/snapback]

way to completely not grasp the slightest idea of what i explained, your post was a complete waste.

NO ford is worth 150k PERIOD.

586356990[/snapback]

because you say so?

obviously your knowledge of the market and comprehensive breakdown of features and comparison of cars has led you to this conclusion, but we would surely like to see the paperwork on this fact..

because you say so? 

obviously your knowledge of the market and comprehensive breakdown of features and comparison of cars has led you to this conclusion, but we would surely like to see the paperwork on this fact..

586358138[/snapback]

what "features" does a Ford GT have that a is worth about 2x's that of a 06 z06? nothing

it seems like this is a classic case of fast and the furious hype. althought he supra is a really nice car... the saleen has 390 hp and is N/A vs a 320 supra thats TT.

Saleen by far

I've seen many 03+ cobras (389hp) spank supras.

now remember folks we are talking about stock!

what "features" does a Ford GT have that a is worth about 2x's that of a 06 z06? nothing

586358363[/snapback]

Lets recap, did Chadwick make any claim that the Ford GT is work 2x's the z06? uh...NO.

Once again, why is everyone having such a hard time comprehending...

BTW the new Ford GT shares nothing but a name with the original..

I thought the Cobra was 340 hp?

I remember watching videos of E55's eating Cobras. :)

Chadwick: Actually not even the name. The new car is called the Ford GT while the previous was the Ford GT40. :)

Extended64: How much is the Z06? 70k$? Let's say 90K$ loaded. That means if you double that you get 180k$.

I have yet to find a dealer that will sell me a Ford GT for 180K$ right now. Sadly, a fantastic product was spoiled by dealers trying to squeeze idiots out of some money.