5.1 - Rear speakers echoing, not very loud?

Gabnoj

I just found two more speakers for my (quite old, very high quality) stereo. A Pioneer XR-P740M, which now has 5 speakers (3 small ones, which are centre, and both back.)

But i find, that when just playing normal 2 chanell music, the sound coming from both back speakers sounds echoing, and not very good quality, and is no where near as loud as the front speakers (or the centre one, of the same size)

I've set my stereo to 5.1, and my computer to 5.1 output.

Or is it supposed to be like this?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Daza

The reason you're getting those echo effects from the rear speakers is probably because you've got Dolby Pro Logic enabled which emulates surround sound when your receiver detects a 2 channel source and yes that is normal if you want equal sound levels on all speakers look for a setting called x2 stereo which will mirror the front channels to the rears.

Gabnoj
The reason you're getting those echo effects from the rear speakers is probably because you've got Dolby Pro Logic enabled which emulates surround sound when your receiver detects a 2 channel source and yes that is normal if you want equal sound levels on all speakers look for a setting called x2 stereo which will mirror the front channels to the rears.

586261827[/snapback]

Am i looking on my stereo, or on my PC as output?

And yes, I have "Dolby Surround Pro Logic"

I'm assuming on the Stereo... But, just confirmation...

Thanks tons!