Vista goes Next-Gen

You don't have to look at the highest requirements. As I said before, those are needed to run Vista at the highest quality setting (all shaders, special calculations and effects enabled). It's just for developers. The developers have to know how much resources are being used by Vista when their software is running. They have nothing to do with 'normal users' like us.

Explanation:

Your computer will run at full power when the CPU and memory usage is 100%.

Now, lets say you're a software-developer and you want to see if your software is able to run on Vista.

You boot Vista on the highest possible setting and then you see that the CPU and memory usage already is at 100%. This means that the computer doesn't have any power left to run your software on Vista, because the highest settings eat up everything. This means that you have to take action.

Those (speculative) highest requirements are needed to be able to test if your software works on Vista on the highest settings. They are for the two upcoming beta's and have NOTHING to do with the 'real' Windows Vista.

By description of possibilites "on paper" Vista sounds almost amazing, but some statements are quite ridicoulus: Vista will be RAM/VRAM more hungry that todays top games, forcing DRM usage, crouded with 3D effects... Hope that there will be nice old gray 2d interface...

Perhaps the best thing would be to have two PCs: one to watch Vista @ work, another with XP/Linux to run games, surf the net etc.

Those (speculative) highest requirements are needed to be able to test if your software works on Vista on the highest settings. They are for the two upcoming beta's and have NOTHING to do with the 'real' Windows Vista.

586257521[/snapback]

How are you going to test beta stage software on it's highest settings when the hardware required doesn't exist?

this sounds great but doesnt it seem a little to bloated. So much programming and things going on, it just seems like its gonna explode. I really hope they got there stuff together. 1 gig of video...lmao

um read all pages

im only excited a bit, i mean, everything soudns so good because its stated, and every person who read it, imagined it as something else. Like, the 3d interface, i have a different picture in my min dof it, and this nicludes the new icons/etc.

But with the icons showing part of the file makes no sense?

I think its maybe something like a animation or something because if you have 20 icons on your compuoter its faster to organize (soort by type/modified/etc) than to be looking at the 32x32 to see what its about

so I"M SURE, thats not how it works, nad its probably something like Thumbnails for pics and text files have a icon or something but once you move ur mouse over it, it shows a popup with whats inside the txt ilke in some linux distributions

--------------------------------

The hardware requirements seem a bit too high for what i see, But hey, who knows maybe in a year or so, things will appear rapidly and eventually, fit the criteria for Vista. (1GB VIDEO Lmao)

---------------

THE DRM COPYRIGHT PROTECTION: what? hahaha another unsuccessfull attempt by microsoft to slow down piracy/etc. Hey, it cant be one, microsoft can try as much as they want, people are going to still do warez, i mean, look at the pirate communities as of now, IRC/DC++/etc all have millions of users, its silly to think they will be shutdown and with nothign to say. So Warez/etc wilL ALWAYS exist no matter what.

---

My main thing is i hope micros0ft steps up their security BIG time, i mean "the most stable os ever", i hope it is although i'm not feeling confident when i say that.

--

EDIT: Oh and for the name itself, VISTA.. i mean, Why cant everyone stop hating i know it sucsk, but hey microsoft cant please everyone, on smoe other sites i read people say that Longhorn was better, What in the hell is longhorn, Vista is more professional, but i have to admit 2006 would've been better, but hey, its done and over, you can cry as much as yuo want but tahs the truth, and you will eventually start to like the name after thinngs come rolling out. Not to mention, youll get used to it after.

_-

I personally can't wait for Vista, i mean i dream about ditching windows xp everyday :p but since linux doesnt meet my criteria i sort of have no where to go, so i hope Vista solves that problem..

Edited by SimNet

it sounds very good, im waiting to see how many of those mentioned above will actually come true after release.

on the other hand, the requirement is really a bit too overboard, i have a lot of friends who own a decent but not super fast computers, and it sounds like they are better off with windows xp than vista.

I wish people would be talking about the main features, rather than ranting over these 'speculative' unconfirmed rumoured recommended specs.

Remember there are different visual levels to suit most hardware/tastes, including classic grey.

I very much doubt that the top tier visual style will demand specs that high. I cant see it being more than 256mb GPU, modern processor, 1gb ram etc.

Aside from all the spec speculation (heh), Vista does sound very promising. I cant wait, and I dont care about the delays, if it means they have extra time to ensure its top notch.

At least MS managed to figure out a way to force people to upgrade :no: :huh: :devil:

Why can't they make Vista a snappy, stable, secure OS with all effects on? I know that 3D effects and such take up h00j amounts of memory and CPU time, but I'd gladly drop the ability to make my spreadsheets and browser windows spin around like a merry-go-round in favor of less memory usage and more speed.

If Vista's emphasis is on clarity, then it should also be emphasized about cleanliness, right? Vista's interface is overly done. Well, most of it. It focuses too much on fancy effects where it should be focused on usability :no:

Ah well, I hope MS changes their plans and gets running back to the drawing board. Fast.

It will be bloated and run sluggishly until people upgrade to 64's with 2GB of Ram! Again there will be tons of critical updates. Same deal as XP. I would expect some slipstreamed version available to follow soon after on the release of "Vista" (puke!)

Why can't they make Vista a snappy, stable, secure OS with all effects on? I know that 3D effects and such take up h00j amounts of memory and CPU time, but I'd gladly drop the ability to make my spreadsheets and browser windows spin around like a merry-go-round in favor of less memory usage and more speed.

586258887[/snapback]

To have all the effects on you need the hardware to support, otherwise you can run in a lesser mode (which will run fine). You don't have to run Vista in top tier mode but, surprisingly enough, if you want to you need the hardware. Stop making a fuss out of nothing!

If Vista's emphasis is on clarity, then it should also be emphasized about cleanliness, right? Vista's interface is overly done. Well, most of it. It focuses too much on fancy effects where it should be focused on usability :no:

586258887[/snapback]

Vista's interface is overly done? It hasn't even be finished yet!! I wish people like you would stop making up negative points.

Still, I'm obviously not going to help anything. All the nay-sayers will continue to make up laughable criticisms.

I am trying to envison someone in Pcworld buying a pc something like a Intel Celeron D 2.8ghz with 256 generic ram, and onboard visuals, and running the new Windows Vista..

hmmmm

To the thread starter: What are you sources for all this information? you seem pretty confident in what you're saying.

yea i have to agree with that the starter should at least give us some source or any reference, pulling stuff like this without posting a link or something is pretty suspicious

on the second thought, having a 1gig memory in your machine is getting pretty common right now, you go out and buy a computer and the memory is usually 512 or greater, but id like to say that everyone seems to be giving the "next-gen" a pretty high standard, cmon, next-gen doesnt always have to be the current-gen to the power of 2, even if it's a year difference, having 2gig memory is too big of a step. video cards may vary since they are rolling out new cards like the 7 series.

I want ONLY to Micro stop adding *.ico files to system files (Try to delete all icons from shell32..nad you receive 65% or more smaller file) and give PNG as Icons.

But after 6-7 yeas they decided to add full functionality to IE..lol

So i think that in Windows codename Mount Everest (2034) WILL be this.

About article.... It's to sweet and impossible. If beta 1 will be on about 3-4 days and beta 2 in first half of 2006 so If they want to add this ALL things....it will be beta 24 and then Official....so i doubt that.

For now going to Vista just to see DWM ..... no thanks;/

Because of this you're able to play up to four different games at the same time online with just one internet connection.

who plays four games at the same time lol :blink:

This means no Warez anymore.

lmao.

i think i'll go into PCworld on monday and ask for a 1GB video card, and see that they say :rofl:

The DRM sounds NUTS, so much so that their new slogan should be "Where do WE want you to go today?"

Mark my words, if this article is any indication on what Vista will be like it will force a good portion of the Windows market share down the drain. Microsoft just keeps making Linux and Mac OS look better all the time.

I love how this guy made up some system requirements and you all bought it.

586258990[/snapback]

To the thread starter: What are you sources for all this information? you seem pretty confident in what you're saying.

586259543[/snapback]

See, this guy above is why uninformed and delusional people shouldn't write mock articles and post them everywhere.

586260185[/snapback]

Thank You. That was what I was insinuating in my very first response to this thread.

- split your monitor into four pieces and play games at the same time while listening to your favourite music with Winamp, watching a movie with Windows Media Player and posting spam on the Guru3D forums

Finally, a real reason why I should purchase dual monitors.