first tattoo

I would like to add the font looks better than my Navy and jailhouse tattoo's I got, Although I would suggest that making it smaller,  it so it don't take up so much of your arm, maybe get a pic of something with that word on it, good word though, meaning is strong.

586274933[/snapback]

Actually beware of going smaller. Too small and over time the ink will bleed into each other (fuzzy!)

Using a 1-needle (the smallest) gives the best detail, and the longest lasting for that detail. Be aware that using a 1-needle hurts more than the larger needles and it tends to cost more expensive. Debra and I had a piece done by Anil Gupta last year, ALL done with a 1, and it took nearly 4 hours. Great detail, but OUCH!

I don't belive in tats there basically graffiti but on your ski:s:s

586275425[/snapback]

Sure they are. And what is wrong with that? Grafitti is another form of art. But hey, that's just me. Isnt personal freedom wonderful!!

>.Im getting a tattoo as well.... thinking its gonna look something like this...

Tis' ok. My point is that it's not very original. HOWEVER, if you like it, love it, then great!

I tend to have more original pieces (Postcard of San Francisco, Sugar Daddy sucker, binary) But I do have two celtic pieces (see, that's not very original at all) except that I designed them myself.

I am only stating this as a pov. Maybe you'll find a way to make your design more specific to you.

Im going in tomorrow for a new piece, when the artist, who I havent been to in two years saw my leg he immediatly reconized his earlier piece, and to me that's a good compliment.

i took a picture of my arm, and photoshopped it to see what my tattoo would look like.. i'm pretty much set on it saying 'veritas' meaning truth in latin. but i'm still not sure about the font. i want an old script font. maybe something that looks broken... any suggestions would be appreciated.

586271194[/snapback]

this is ****ing crazy, im getting my first tattoo as well saying "Veritas Vincit" (truth conquers) my family modo... oh man this is just to fricken weird for me

^ umm well i put that piece together with a cross i have so im not sure how its not original.

Hummmm ... I don't know, you hear Veritas and you think backup software. (well at least I do)

586275515[/snapback]

LOL thats what i was thinking...

^ umm well i put that piece together with a cross i have so im not sure how its not original.

586275981[/snapback]

Please please please take my comment in the fashion it was designed. A tribal design with a cross in the middle is quite common. But again, if YOU like it, then FANTASTIC. Great. Perfect.

I only wanted to offer a bit of advice/thought ..yea yea yea, it wasnt asked for, so.. :)

Again; JUST food for thought.

this is ****ing crazy, im getting my first tattoo as well saying "Veritas Vincit" (truth conquers) my family modo... oh man this is just to fricken weird for me

586275978[/snapback]

in a family crest design? See, THAT would be a great way to show that. I also like the point of "Truth conquers"

Best of luck to both of you and your designs. And remember to tip the artist who does your work (or NEVER go back for additional work :whistle: )

have a look here for some 'lettering' tats: BMEzine - lettering

maybe give you some ideas for layouts and positioning etc...

f**k all the lamers that are bitching here, if they don't like tattoos they can leave the thread  :)

586275499[/snapback]

Cheers, I'll drink to that!

photoshoped

586276293[/snapback]

No kidding. at least read what he wrote in the first post before making comments like this again.

too gangish for my liking but if that's what you want, go for it.

586276281[/snapback]

i still don't understand how it looks gangish. then again there are no gangs where i live... unless you count the native kids who walk around listening to 50 cent and wearing bandanas and pure fubu...

Looks rather gang-related, I can't imagine defacing my own body in such a manner.

Which reminds me, I need to look into buying stock in companies that make the lasers for tatoo removal.? That's gonna really boom in the next 5-10 years.

586271302[/snapback]

You aint kidding mate. I've seen so many people with tatoos that you just know they're going to HATE in a few years. Especially people who get band logos etc (an old mate of mine go the RHCP circle thingy tattooed onto his knee when he was 17 and finds the band laughable now.) Good choice for an investment.

1. Make sure it's what you want. Cover ups, and removals are more painful, more expensive.

2. Words should be able to be read by others, so don't do it upside down to the rest of us...

3. Refer to 1, and keep that in mind. The bigger/darker the tat, the harder it is to change your mind once it's done.

i still don't understand how it looks gangish. then again there are no gangs where i live... unless you count the native kids who walk around listening to 50 cent and wearing bandanas and pure fubu...

586277674[/snapback]

hxc,

I live in NYC, and have lived in San Francisco and spent lots of time in Los Angeles, and you know from my previous posts that I am pro-tattoo (heck, I'm pro-do-whatever-you-want-with-YOUR-body/mind)

In fact Im off to get my 17th piece TODAY.

rocketgirl.jpg

(fun cheesecake)

So, with that said, it is frequent that gang tats are lettering of the gang or a statement. So I do agree that there is a gang sort of feel to the tattoo. Just food for thought.

*I* dont like having tattoos with words, too blatant. I have one tat that is "1A4" and another in binary that states something too. This way it is a combo of items that have an emotional or some other connection, instead of JUST words.

that looks good man, i like it. that artist did a much better job than the stock photo you posted. i really like the way he made the bomb look sreflective.

i will make sure to bring this thread back to life when i actually get mine. still looking at other scripts, and i decided that it would definitely look better with it running from the inside of my elbow to my wrist, so i photoshopped myself up another copy.

post-20802-1122523852.jpg

that looks good man, i like it. that artist did a much better job than the stock photo you posted. i really like the way he made the bomb look sreflective.

i will make sure to bring this thread back to life when i actually get mine. still looking at other scripts, and i decided that it would definitely look better with it running from the inside of my elbow to my wrist, so i photoshopped myself up another copy.

586284176[/snapback]

Yea, Patrick at Sacred tattoo in NYC did a great job (obvious plug)

Now, back to your design. Again, the font is an issue. It looks great, however the tiny lines are going to bleed together very quickly (approx 12 to 24 months) Back in 99 I wanted to get a bar code tat, but no artist would do it because of this same issue. So, if you are determinded to get a fancy font (and dont go to boring either) be aware of this issue.

The issue with the current picture is that "Vertias" cannot be viewed by you. It will be upside down. (just food for thought)

I think a design, as opposed to lettering would be better. But this ONLY a PERSONAL opinion. *I* would want to do some sort of family crest type of design. I did a quick idea, attached, as some for of idea.

Ok, let me create a laundry list:

* come into the parlor with a picture as close to size shape and color. This will make sure that the end result is as close to what you want.

* Almost all shops that I have been in have a book of each artists work. If you cannot see THAT specific artist's work, dont use that artist

* Because tats are perm, be aware of where on your body you put them. (ex: I have 17 pieces, all of them can be hidden with pants and a short sleeve shirt) Doing the lower portion of you arms, hands, neck, and face can kill off any chance at many jobs.

* Different parts of your body will hurt more than others.

* Dont hagle price. This person is going to permenately mark you, it would be best to not disrespect him.

* Tip your artist!!!

Best of luck on your piece.

post-45653-1122561243.jpg