Anyone get Vista Beta 1 working w/ nvidia ethernet

i didnt read all the post carefully, but most of the drivers issues get fixed with a restart.

In WXP u can update ur ethernet or audio drivers and right away use it. In Vista Beta 1 is not like that. I resolved almost all drivers issues updating the drivers with old WXP drivers and then restart. It dosent ask to restart.

Another note is that windows didnt recongnize some basic hardware on my computer, like the 3com ethernet card or the creative sound blaster live value, or even the creative's game port. I have to "force" it to install selecting from the driver's .inf file.

i got mine working....i have a DFI LANPARTY UT nf3 250 and this is what I did in Vista..

go into device manager (start > run > devmgmt.msc)

find your network card, click on properties

go into the advanced tab and then scroll down in the list box to Speed/Duplex Settings and on the right should be a drop down, switch that to Full Autonegotiation

Then it should work...it did for me...hopefully it will for you too.

Check the nvidia site, use the search and enter the word vista... they got the networking driver and audio driver seperately.

theres a thread on nforcershq.com forms in the nforce/nforce2 section that has link to old drivers that are supposed to work.

Check the nvidia site, use the search and enter the word vista... they got the networking driver and audio driver seperately.

586293543[/snapback]

Hey nice find! Thanks but I dont see network drivers tho, only 64bit

I accidently installed the Windows XP ones for networking... you get weird results...(of course) like connection speeds of 2 GB/s... strangely no BSOD's

Don't work here...

Enven with a 3Com card :(

Edit,

Yes I have try nVidia driver for Vista...

Edited by nienor

i downloaded the drivers on nvidia's site to fix my workaround, but it broke my inet and now it won't work. it says that it can't start the hardware...i don't know what is wrong...

the driver posted doesn't work...and the drivers that came with my NF3 don't work....this sucks...

i know its just a beta...but its the only issue i have....if i could get the damn internet working it would be awesome....

the driver posted doesn't work...and the drivers that came with my NF3 don't work....this sucks...

i know its just a beta...but its the only issue i have....if i could get the damn internet working it would be awesome....

586294453[/snapback]

exactly my same position...

The alpha drivers didn't work for me, but the beta drivers a few posts up did.

586294562[/snapback]

too bad the link no longer works..

i'm downloading 6.14 from elsewhere....hopefully its the same....

because:

i tried the Vista one....it doesn't work...according to another site its for NF4...it doesn't work for me in NF3....but now whenever i try to go back to older drivers it doesn't work...

i'll update....get an error...and it will have the same driver..

i'll uninstall, re-install....same driver...no matter what one i actually try to install...

uninstall...reboot...it will auto. put on these new ones...

i have no way to change the ****ing driver....its driving me crazy....

hmmmm.....not sure what i did exactly...but i have that new driver installed again and everything's working now....even though i selected to install an old driver....it installed the newest one again...but now it works and this is being posted from Longhorn Beta 1....

so....WOO!!!!

now i have everything in Vista working....seems good enough so far....

A7N8X Dlx R2 (Nforce 2)

4.58 Beta Ethernet drivers (from 6.14 Beta)

4.56 Beta Audio drivers (from 6.14 Beta)

75.03 Beta Video drivers (from Nvidia FTP)

I have a nForce 3 250GB with nVidia Gigabit ethernet, and it too didn't work out of the box in Vista. I manually installed the ethernet drivers from the publically available nForce 1/2/3 drivers for 2K/XP and they worked, except I could never get an IP address from my router :/. I was finally able to get it fully working by doing the following:

1. Download and extract the Vista ethernet drivers from http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_32bit_beta1.html

2. Follow the step-by-step directions EXACTLY from that page! First install the driver for the "Other PCI Bridge Device" (which turns out to be the nVidia Bus Enumerator), and then install the driver for the ethernet adapter that appears (or possibly a "PCI Input Device"). If you just install the driver for the ethernet adapter and not (first) the driver for the Bus Enumerator, it won't work!

3. When you install the drivers for the ethernet adapter, it might say something about a problem with the device. Ignore it, click Ok, etc..., and then reboot the computer. Then it should be working fine :).