Zonealarm updated to 6.0.631.003

this borked the network at the company i work at - they updated and it screwed up their network settings so noone could access the net or share anything - something called "smartdefence" which isnt so blinking smart.

zonealarm sucks - sygate firewall is much better.

I was running ZoneAlarm Security Suite 5.5.094 fine. I got a pop-up saying a newer version is available (v6), I didn't really want to update since it opens the possibility of something go wrong. But I decided to anyway, thinking "the worst thing that could happen is I have to reinstall ZoneAlarm". Oh how wrong I was... upon installation, ZoneAlarm would crash everytime it started. Damn, so I uninstalled it. Wait, what's this? I can't access the internet? Oh great, so I resorted to a system restore. But wait, the internet still doesn't work! I tried to install 5.5 again, my internet access was restored, but ZA was completely screwed up. So I'm just living with a partially installed ZA until I reformat soon.

My advice to anyone, before you upgrade to 6, MAKE SURE YOU REALLY NEED TO. Or wait a bit longer until they've ironed all the bugs. I'm not sure if I'm going to re-install this again, after I format my hard drive.

a lot of folks think version 5.5.094 was the last best version before 6

I was running ZoneAlarm Security Suite 5.5.094 fine. I got a pop-up saying a newer version is available (v6), I didn't really want to update since it opens the possibility of something go wrong. But I decided to anyway, thinking "the worst thing that could happen is I have to reinstall ZoneAlarm". Oh how wrong I was... upon installation, ZoneAlarm would crash everytime it started. Damn, so I uninstalled it. Wait, what's this? I can't access the internet? Oh great, so I resorted to a system restore. But wait, the internet still doesn't work! I tried to install 5.5 again, my internet access was restored, but ZA was completely screwed up. So I'm just living with a partially installed ZA until I reformat soon.

My advice to anyone, before you upgrade to 6, MAKE SURE YOU REALLY NEED TO. Or wait a bit longer until they've ironed all the bugs. I'm not sure if I'm going to re-install this again, after I format my hard drive.

586297772[/snapback]

That is VERY strange because when i try to manually update through the program preferences it says there are no updates available. And im using the PRO version...

It also gives me no updates available. Nonetheless, I did install and use version 6 for a few days but went back to version 5.5 due to ver. 6 adding all programs that ever attempted to access the internet indirectly into my program control panel, making it hard to control.

Disabling the Triple Defense Layer will get rid of my problem, but there's no need to run verson 6 if version 5.5 does the same exact thing.