Do You Think Pot Should Be Legal?

Do You Think Pot Should Be Legal?  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Pot Should Be Legal?

• Yes, but I've never tried it
    • Yes, and I've tried it before
    • No, and I've never tried it
    • No, but I've tried it before

STV, that is the dumbest thing ive read in this thread. I will tell you this much, once your on the outside looking in after doing drugs, you will actually see the effects it has on people. You just dont notice it in the same way when your still using.

586297734[/snapback]

dumber than this?

No, pot is an entry drug to other more harmful drugs. One of my friends well ex-friends does it and they became just an idiot.. they dress like a stoner, loose concentration etc

i think not.

what is so dumb about wanting to give people their right to do pot?

STV

You dotn smoke it so you should know that your way of thinking dosent mean its right nor mine

but yes i do feel stupid soemtimes and blank its called why im HIGH

cause that what i do it for the calm blank feeling when not on it im as sharp as can be

and P.S. alot more people smoke then  you know and some you would never guess did it.

but that goes back to my post , use Visine so you dont look like a scuz'ball

They, They, They i love how people who dont smoke give retarded points to explain them.

Just say basic stuff like the REAL important stuff

you guys **** me off you should be making more intelligent answers such as:

"it shouldnt be legal cause you cant tell if some is high and might be operating a ride YOUR kid is on!!!"

but then smokers are stupid? i thought of that before you guys com'on now

that is valid not jow blow i know does it and he eats junk food and has a good time and is stupid (run-on sentance on purpose)

Legal yes, but in bars just like Holland

586297761[/snapback]

you must be stoned right now, and i have smoked plenty, back when i was in my early 20s

i personally think it should be legalized but i know that it never will, although british columbia and canada as a whole have pretty slack laws on marijuana compared to the us. it's pretty much for that reason that it won't become legal anytime in canada. canada and the us share so much border space and there would definitely be a big uproar from the us if canada law's changed and made marijuana legal here. you should all watch the film 'the history of marijuana'. you would find out that is only became illegal because of the marihuana tax act of 1937. i think it was an imax film, i'm not sure, but you could probably find it via the net.

dumber than this?

i think not.

what is so dumb about wanting to give people their right to do pot?

STV

586297764[/snapback]

your right, that one is dumber. I think if people want to smoke it in their homes and arent planning on going anywhere, then hey thats fine. I feel the same about beer, if your drunk dont drive or do anything to harm another. But legal pot should not be (yoda)

your right, that one is dumber. I think if people want to smoke it in their homes and arent planning on going anywhere, then hey thats fine. I feel the same about beer, if your drunk dont drive or do anything to harm another. But legal pot should not be (yoda)

586297786[/snapback]

then why not legalize weed, but make it illegal to drive under the influence?

586297802[/snapback]

because it will be abused

you must be stoned right now, and i have smoked plenty, back when i was in my early 20s

586297771[/snapback]

How must i be stoned right now?

Cause you smoked in your 20's?

Please make sense, cause you straight ignored my point in this post.

And the whole post was about not making REAL vaild points about not to make it legal such as saftey and such

Everyone i read basically said i know this guy and looks high and eats food??

WTF? is wrong with guys, im more worried about saftey of others driving, operating machines.

Yes this can go on for days can someone please make sense? Like i said i go through about 100USD a day. And not once have a made a bland point i believe both sides ARE right yup you heard me. Im just asking for soemone on the CON side to make something worth my intelligence to read or argue...

Im getting bored here.... Please anybody ??

All my friends smoke it but I haven't for a year now. Although I may be possibly leaning to it as I have significant stress in my life right now because it defaintly helps you cope with any stress endured.

586297802[/snapback]

because people aren't going to follow those rules,

I say pot should be legalized in the near future just to see how society actually reacts towards it, pot has its good points and its bad points but I would have to say that pot IMO is much safer than alcohol and cigs if you use it correctly but of course there will always be ###### that use it improperly and abuse it :/

586297827[/snapback]

Like alcohol as well

and OTC (over the counter drugs) filled with DZM that has crazy side effects and i really mean bad side effects... OH BTW they are in every cold medicine

I think most people are saying it should be treated like alcohol there is a fine line in this topic but a huge gap between weed and heroin / injecting it the blood stream or sniff till you throw your insides up.

not all drugs should be legal but im saying i think the criminal charges should be dropped im ok with just fines

One important factor that refrains me from smoking pot (whether its speculation or not) is that it makes you dumber. And in turn, being dumb won't allow you to succeed in life.

586297827[/snapback]

because people aren't going to follow those rules,

I say pot should be legalized in the near future just to see how society actually reacts towards it, pot has its good points and its bad points but I would have to say that pot IMO is much safer than alcohol and cigs if you use it correctly but of course there will always be ###### that use it improperly and abuse it :/

586297839[/snapback]

How is that any different than the current law regarding Alcohol?

One important factor that refrains me from smoking pot (whether its speculation or not) is that it makes you dumber. And in turn, being dumb won't allow you to succeed in life.

586297854[/snapback]

I would have to say this is not true unless you abuse pot and smoke large amounts everday but smoking every once in a while isn't hurtful IMO from my experience

How is that any different than the current law regarding Alcohol?

586297859[/snapback]

there isnt, but the bottom line is that alcohol is legal and weed isnt. Banning alcohol now would cause riots. I dont see all the pot smokers joining forces to riot for the legalization of weed, they are just too lazy.

586297854[/snapback]

Well cue me when there is a single credible scientific report showing smoking a joint will lower my IQ. Thanks.

@Sacrifst: Did you ever think isntead of going on the whole lazy stereotype, that maybe some of us would rather go about things in manners other than rioting? I spread around marijuana information, read about legalization issues and voute where I can on related issues, but I don't riot. No need to. I'm peacefully smoking a hookah right now, and later today I'll smoke a joint walking ot the bakery, then get some muffins.

If you wanna call people too lazy to get things changed, might not wanna be so generally. As a stoner myself, I got my school dress code changed, singlehandedly, to allow facial hair. I do what I can.

But a large part of it, is most smokers can go about their habit in relative ease, despite the laws. I was at an outdoor skatepark last night, smoking bowls right out in the open, rolling around on my board.

I might of thought it should of been a few years ago as we used to smoke it far to much & one of friends start to get Schizophrenia & slowly got worse. eg hes banged up in a metal health ward right now.

I used to smoke pot. I believe it should be legal...but not to smoke. It should be ingested. Smoking it is very bad. It has many good medicinal properties...and feels good too. I quit smoking/using 2 years ago. A little off subject, but I am completely "vice" free as of 3 weeks ago.

Well cue me when there is a single credible scientific report showing smoking a joint will lower my IQ.  Thanks.

@Sacrifst:  Did you ever think isntead of going on the whole lazy stereotype, that maybe some of us would rather go about things in manners other than rioting?  I spread around marijuana information, read about legalization issues and voute where I can on related issues, but I don't riot.  No need to.  I'm peacefully smoking a hookah right now, and later today I'll smoke a joint walking ot the bakery, then get some muffins. 

If you wanna call people too lazy to get things changed, might not wanna be so generally.  As a stoner myself, I got my school dress code changed, singlehandedly, to allow facial hair.  I do what I can. 

But a large part of it, is most smokers can go about their habit in relative ease, despite the laws.  I was at an outdoor skatepark last night, smoking bowls right out in the open, rolling around on my board.

586297910[/snapback]

sounds like a lazy last 24 hours. And when i say THEY are to lazy, im referring to stoners, not the guy that smokes it once on the the weekends

Rofl, you enjoy flaunting your ignorance, do you? Let's recap the last 24 hours I had, shall we?

Yesterday at 1pm: Was cooking myself breakfast, then cleaned my room for an hour. Chilled for an hour, then worked out for 45 minutes, took a shower, then headed to the skatepark.

4pm - 10:30pm 6 an d ahalf hours of skateboarding, at 3 different skateparks.

11:00 - 12:00 - Had a cook-out on my back deck and fought eachother with bo staffs.

Slept, woke up, showered, cleaned, ate, chilled.

Heaven forbid I rest on the day between skating for 6.5 hours and working for 8. I'm such a lazy stoner. Especially considering having a good 20 or so deep bruises from skating an dgetting hit with bo staffs, plus giant blisters on my feet.

Rofl, you enjoy flaunting your ignorance, do you?  Let's recap the last 24 hours I had, shall we?

Yesterday at 1pm:  Was cooking myself breakfast, then cleaned my room for an hour.  Chilled for an hour, then worked out for 45 minutes, took a shower, then headed to the skatepark.

4pm - 10:30pm 6 an d ahalf hours of skateboarding, at 3 different skateparks.

11:00 - 12:00 - Had a cook-out on my back deck and fought eachother with bo staffs.

Slept, woke up, showered, cleaned, ate, chilled.

Heaven forbid I rest on the day between skating for 6.5 hours and working for 8.  I'm such a lazy stoner.  Especially considering having a good 20 or so deep bruises from skating an dgetting hit with bo staffs, plus giant blisters on my feet.

586297978[/snapback]

i was referring to your 6.5 hours of skating to your walk to the bakery later on. Just curious, how old are you?

Legalizing would cause too many problems.

- The legal marijuana that you'd manage to buy would probably be "weak" and expensive. That would suddenly create contraband of an underground network focused on bringing the world more "effective" pot at a cheaper price would appear. They sure as hell do it for cigarettes.

The main reason why I think it shouldn't be legalized:

For many many people, pot is the gateway to stronger drugs. They get used to the effects of marijuana and then they'll go for something stronger. Once you'd legalize marijuana, what's next? Then people will stick 100 seringues in themselves and bitch to have Heroin legalized. Now I'm aware that theres is a worlds of difference marijuana and opium-based drugs like heroin but one thing leads to another for drug addicts.

You could argue and say its similar to alcoholics but alcoholics do not usually die from an overdose of "alcohol" but we know whats in alcoholic drinks. We can trust these and say that the contents of any alcoholic beverage is safe in the proper proportions. Drugs are prepared and measured by god knows who who puts god knows what ingredients.