Apple x86 OS X DVD finally leaked

You can't crack a hardware limitation. ;) The SSE3 thing that is...

586301145[/snapback]

SSE3 is just an instruction set, it is possible to hack software to make it use other instruction sets as well, such as SSE2. But my point was regarding the supposed required TPM chip.

I Have confemation that it works on all LGA755 INTEL NOT NVIDIA Chipset Motherboard And a CPU that supports SSE3

586301148[/snapback]

Can you provide any screen shots to solidify your claims?

and i have confirmation that my ass is developing carpal tunnel from using the computer too much. :rolleyes:

anyhow, the inevetable has happened but as predicted apple had its bases covered. now it will be impressive if someone does find a way to crack it...

It'll get cracked, everything has, and will. Nothing is uncrackable, unfortunately.

I can't wait to get my hands on this. I've been contemplating buying a new laptop lately and I was leaning towards an iBook, but it'd be nice to keep Windows (which is better) and be able to dual boot OSX for some eye-candy here and there.

lol, well nitro cooling makess anything possible... yea i know everyones telling me but im jsut lazy so ill keep it the way it is heh

Apple.OS.X.x86.Developer.Kit.Install.DVD.PROPER-XiSO now that would be a better choice "Apple OSX for Intel *PROPER* by XiSO - removes DRM checks and allows to boot on more hardware than just the Apple DevKit box"

Anyone tried that release ?

no.. but you can use the beauty of emulation to trick the software to think that the hardware is there.

You can't crack a hardware limitation. ;) The SSE3 thing that is...

586301145[/snapback]

Anyone tried that release ?

586310142[/snapback]

Supposedly that's a repacked release tagged xiso. I guess xiso has not done anything with x86 OS X yet.

i know this is a little off topic. But now that we are going to be able to run OSX on x86 machines are we going to be able to run windows on the next generation of apple computers. I would love to have a powerbook that can run windows without having to run slow emulators

ya i obtained the torr but no point of using it since the damn file is in dmg format (yes i know u can still burn it)

586310217[/snapback]

Mine is in iso format now :devil:

As far as we know, there are several limitations which prevent this DVD from installing on any PC other than the Developer Kit.

First, this version of Tiger appears to have been compiled for SSE+SSE2+SSE3 machines. It might be necessary to have a SSE3 supporting CPU.

Secondly, the developer hardware kits feature a TPM (Trusted Plataform Module) chip. This is a TCPA/Palladium implementation that uses a Infineon 1.1 chip which will prevent certain parts of the OS from working unless authorized, efectively working in a similar way to a hardware dongle. You can see pictures of the chip in the Developer Kit here, right next to the BIOS:

Edited by Alpha2004

Downloading the new leaked and possibly fake iso now. Won't be able to run it though. Damn AMD XP 2100 has no support for SSE2 or 3.

/me turns on his dual g5 powerbook and laughs

586310223[/snapback]

omfg wat teh fook a g5 powerbook

that is teh l337 :cool: :cool: sort it out mate :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: