Poll: What Windows XP is worse at compared to Windows 98?

Ok, i admit to "paying" for my computer and all the parts, but there is no way i could download any of those; and it's not like i go into the store and jack a copy of winxp or any other software. it's a way of life, and the government has no way to stop people downloading software, unless they want to get rid of the internet completely, and that's not going to happen. just admit the fact that it happens, and it's not going to go away.

i miss the preview feature for AVIS that were in the properties of them back in the 98 days...even though you can watch the movie in the left hand pane now it still was a cool thing to have specially considering i dont use that damn webview

Originally posted by Vlad

It is simply FOOBAR that Microsoft charges such an outrageous price for software.

supply and demand, they make the product,people want the product,they have the right to charge whatever they want for the product,thats called business

Originally posted by DarkJedi

Ok, i admit to "paying" for my computer and all the parts, but there is no way i could download any of those; and it's not like i go into the store and jack a copy of winxp or any other software. it's a way of life, and the government has no way to stop people downloading software, unless they want to get rid of the internet completely, and that's not going to happen. just admit the fact that it happens, and it's not going to go away.

Can you explain to me why you don't steal from stores? And don't go to the material way with me because in order to get your programs from your warez channels, you will need material internet access, modem cable and wires. Did you steal also these?

on certian points i agree with dark jedi...sure you will never be able to stop software piracy...but it doesn't mean you have to condem people who use pirated software.

if you want to get technical we are all software pirates...almost all of us listen to mp3's, and burn them to cd for our listening enjoyment, without paying royalties to the artists themselves.

if you want to stop something from hapening on the internet....then focus on something else worse than piracy (I'm sure you'll find something)

so..if you like the software you use (pirated) and you can afford it then buy it

Originally posted by icedevil

if you want to stop something from hapening on the internet....then focus on something else worse than piracy (I'm sure you'll find something)

the problem is you're looking at it from a end users standpoint,put yourself in the designer/programmers shoes and you'd sing a different tune,theres no justication for stealing.

hell, if i had the money to spend on programs, and games, well i'd do it, but i'm not exactly rich, so i can't pay hundreds of dollars, maybe even thousands of dollars for software; i just can't do it. and i'd rather not wait until i can get the money together just so i can buy on program when i can download 10 programs by the time i do it, and save money too.

My goal is to make DarkJedi understand that is not something he should show off like that and be proud of it that he uses stollen software.

Btw, I don't listen MP3's for the simple reason I like to get the original from store, with the original cover, etc.

How can I afford this? I have a decent job. That let me go out with my wife in funky clubs and buy any PC gagets i like and also pay the house, car etc.

You can't afford to buy?? Get a second job or if you are in school, get your ass at McDonalds, as we all did.

hell, look how many people develop for open source software, do you think that they ask for money? or even freeware? not everyone is this business is in it for the money. and if prices wouldn't be so high, we wouldn't have to priate it, the same thing with cd's, they are too high, so i'll download the cd, then burn it for a lot less than $18.

Originally posted by Radon

My goal is to make DarkJedi understand that is not something he should show off like that and be proud of it that he uses stollen software.

Btw, I don't listen MP3's for the simple reason I like to get the original from store, with the original cover, etc.

How can I afford this? I have a decent job. That let me go out with my wife in funky clubs and buy any PC gagets i like and also pay the house, car etc.

You can't afford to buy?? Get a second job or if you are in school, get your ass at McDonalds, as we all did.

exactly,just because you can't afford doesn't mean you can steal it,maybe if you'd get off the computer for second and pick up the classified ads and got a job you could afford stuff and not be a lowlife theif

Originally posted by pluggz

where is the hacker manifesto when u need it?

http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/manifesto.html

That is the most hilarious thing i read in a long time... He's junior high school. And the world is his?

Tampering with systems makes him a hero? Go get a girlfriend you hacker and go out in real life to see that everything is fine. You got hypnotised by your C prompt, that's why.

Your electron world could be easily cut if "ole mamy or daddy" can't afford to pay the bills. You depend on them because you are to small to start in your own way in life. So be patient like everyone else did and be normal. And if you want to hack and make a "cool" virus, do it. BUT DON'T HURT OTHERS JUST BECAUSE YOU GOT ONTO AN ARGUMENT WITH SOMEONE.

dude, i'm 19, how the hell do you expect me to have ****loads of money to pay for everything?

hmmm...let me think.....how about if you can't afford then you don't get it? thats how the real world works buddy boy

dude, i'm 19, how the hell do you expect me to have ****loads of money to pay for everything?

$hit loads of money? Who is forcing you to use winXP if you can't afford it? And you live with your parents, ask them for money for software also, like you did for your hardware.

You feel like a hero, that you get warez from irc channels? "wow this is cool..."

Using pirate software is stealing and just because u can't afford it is no exscuse. If you stole a widescreen TV from a store that u couldn't possibly afford then we can all agree that would be stealing. Computer software is no different, just because you don't have to leave your room to do it doesn't mean its not a crime. Using pirated software is nothing to be proud, unless you want to be thought of as a criminal. Software piracy is bad so don't do it, mmmkay as it Mr Mackey or whatever his name in south park would say.

I said Refresh rate but meant frame rate as some people have complained about games in XP. I apologize for that, yet there's no call for the elitest attitude. More people should learn manners.

As for your "still 60Hz"... Actually I run at 75 just nicely with no eye fatigue. If I truly wanted, I could bump it to 120 (Gotta love Sony for that).

don't forget the otherside of it. some of us want to test the software before we spend hundred os dollors on it. I want to own everything I use dailybut my money only reaches so far. and I want to test software before I spend thoushds of dollors on it so I know will it do what I want to do. this dosn't mean I'm making them loose money. this means that they willhave a much better chance of selling more copys of the software.

Originally posted by wired57

don't forget the otherside of it. some of us want to test the software before we spend hundred os dollors on it. I want to own everything I use dailybut my money only reaches so far. and I want to test software before I spend thoushds of dollors on it so I know will it do what I want to do. this dosn't mean I'm making them loose money. this means that they willhave a much better chance of selling more copys of the software.

NEWS FLASH: THATS STILL STEALING!!

I don't believe theres anything wrong in getting software to try it out, i myself downloaded all the whistler betas, just as long as u buy the stuff u decide u like and use. Its usefull also with games to download it first to make sure it works properly with your system before you shell out your money. So i'm not all out against warez but unfortunatley for companies if u decided u like a program then most people will just carry on using it without paying and more importantly without any intention of paying for it.

Originally posted by J t R

NEWSFLASH: SO IS ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS THREAD

NEWSFLASH: Look at my post. Notice the word ALL, which means everybody. :right:

I like Windows 98SE. It is reliable. I never crashes, and everything works fine. I have upgraded to XP last month, and I didn't like it. There was problems installing programs, and my CD drive stopped responding. S oI went back to 98SE, and have never looked back.