Ultra Slow Browsing With IE7 & Firefox?

Hi all, loving vista not even bothered going back onto xp for a few days now only nagging thing is the mega slow internet browsing with IE7, front page of neowin takes about 30seconds to load. Firefox is alot faster but when u open a few tabs the whole thing grinds to a halt like im on 56k again

using nforce2 motherboard with onboard ethernet, not sure if thats causing it or some other bug?

i got the same issue as well but my downloads are crap aswell u guys no how to fix the screen problem it won't let me change the resolution and iam like using a 1/4 of the screen lol

That's odd. I download websites at regular speed as so with downloads.

Did you guys have to install your network drivers or did they work out of the box?

same probs here, tried on 3 machines - laptop intel 2200 wireless, nforce2 board and nforce 3 board. still havnt figures out the probs.

Hi all, loving vista not even bothered going back onto xp for a few days now only nagging thing is the mega slow internet browsing with IE7, front page of neowin takes about 30seconds to load. Firefox is alot faster but when u open a few tabs the whole thing grinds to a halt like im on 56k again

using nforce2 motherboard with onboard ethernet, not sure if thats causing it or some other bug?

586303659[/snapback]

how many memory do u have? 512mb? or...? could be not enough memory

Same prob here and I got 1GB Ram

586333549[/snapback]

have you guys try to check out the cpu usage or preccesses when you guys having this problem?

i am thinking it might be the indexing slowing down ur computers......i have few tabs open and d.ling in full speed with no problem though

I think it has something to do with the phishing filter. The page loads after the information about phishing is retrieved from Microsoft.

586333739[/snapback]

that would only work for ie7 though i think, but since someone has that problem too with firefox...i think we could exclude that possibblity?

I hope someone has a resolution, but what it is weird to me is that is it is just the FIRST PAGE of that domain, not the rest of the site, it just happens to the FIRST page :(

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced (Then scroll down and near the end youll see an option for Phishing)>Choose :Turn Off Phishing Filter:

Then close all IE windows, and run IE again.

Phishing filter doesn't slow anything down with IE 7 on XP.

Must be some compatibility issues with Vista, being a beta I guess. That's sure gotta suck anyways, lol.

Had slow browsing but downloads were going at full speed. I did a low level format and its ok now. But I actually think the problem was my display drivers. I don?t have them installed at the moment; I?m just using the default drivers that Vista has. I would say people try uninstalling your display drivers, then run the net again. See if that helps. I cant think of anything I had different. Worth a try anywa:unsure:ure:

Oka, I just figured out something,

I just turned off the windows firewall, which boosted my browsing speeds by a mile!

I am happy right now, so anyone else who is having problems with the browsing speeds, try shutting off your windows firewall.

Thanks

Ex! :D

you cant shut off firewall the icon is still showing on network connections when you do so