Asus P4P/800 with Sound Max - ANY SUGESTION?

Guys,

Still no sign how to instal VIa RAID, and SOund Max Drivers from ASUS P4C/P4P 800 motherboard.

I just need some driver working to get audio....

tks

pH

Guys,

Still no sign how to instal VIa RAID, and SOund Max Drivers from ASUS P4C/P4P 800 motherboard.

I just need some driver working to get audio....

tks

pH

586304177[/snapback]

Hey rubberneck.

I got the audio drivers to work on my Asus P4P800 Deluxe.

If you have your Asus P4P800 motherboard driver disk, pop it in the drive. Then close the autorun of that CD.

After that, explore the CD, and go into the drivers/ audio folder/ AD1980 or 1985/

Scroll down to SETUP or SETUP.exe (depends on if you have extensions hidden or not), then right click choose properties, compatibility and choose windows XP....

THen run the setup.exe file for your audio. That should hook you up.

drivers is intalling, but not working properly. i have only stereo mode, instead of 5048.

on windows loading i see error message about some direct sound codec, when i'm trying to open settings for speakers i see error message on direct sound. dxdiag passing only software test, then saying that sound card does not support hardware mode.

drivers is intalling, but not working properly. i have only stereo mode, instead of 5048.

on windows loading i see error message about some direct sound codec, when i'm trying to open settings for speakers i see error message on direct sound. dxdiag passing only software test, then saying that sound card does not support hardware mode.

586309780[/snapback]

that is normal DirectSound is broken in Longhorn Beta 1

mmmm this is strange..my onboard soundmax works fine p4p800 but creative nah that wont work? i just got banned from creative cause of trolling hahahahahaha i waz flaming about how good hercules sound cards r ahhahaha lol :angry: @ creative but amazed that soundmax works clear as ?