x800 xl agp issues

Well I got the beta downloaded (excited to use it for the first time) and im getting an bsod after the first reboot of the installation :(.... In the readme file it states that the x700 and x800 xl agp models will not work due to the product id matching the pci-express models. A) when I restart my pc and hit f8 and boot it into vga mode im still getting an bsod B) Other option to turn vga mode on i cant find :(

any help is appreciated or ideas :)

Well I got the beta downloaded (excited to use it for the first time) and im getting an bsod after the first reboot of the installation :(....  In the readme file it states that the x700 and x800 xl agp models will not work due to the product id matching the pci-express models. A) when I restart my pc and hit f8 and boot it into vga mode im still getting an bsod B) Other option to turn vga mode on i cant find :(

any help is appreciated or ideas  :)

586309909[/snapback]

MY x800xl works in VGA mode, but in regular mode the screen is black and all I can see is the mouse. The system still works, you just can't see what you are doing.

MY x800xl works in VGA mode, but in regular mode the screen is black and all I can see is the mouse. The system still works, you just can't see what you are doing.

586310343[/snapback]

thank you for your input, hmm then it must be something about my hardware, ive disabled everything including (lan, sata, sound, pulled my audigy) must be my hdd....

Im running windows x64 and windows xp pro sp2 and nothing wrong with my os... so must be the hdd... ;)

586310343[/snapback]

any news about a possible fix to this ?

i'm running vista fine with xp/2k drivers.. but it's kindof boring

Your hard drive is fine. Vista might not like the controller, though.

586310566[/snapback]

when you speak of controller, your talking about the ide controller? or ?

UPDATE:

After putting my new ati x800 xl in, I was running windows x64 well they say its not good to swap video cards and re-install so its been 3 months since i formatted so i figured why not try installing longhorn instead. Behold on my other hdd that had x64 on it, windows longhorn is installing. :D

Thanks you for all your help who ever replied to my question :)