wma audio player

alright, here's the deal. i haven't used a mac since 1997 so this isn't about me. i have a friend who's going off to college who just bought an ibook and has been living off of the wma format in windows all her life. she asked me to help her find an audio player that would play wmas and the best i could do was find windows media player 9 for osx. she said that worked and all, but she couldn't get it to play her wma files automatically like winamp or wmp in windows does in a playlist. she says she has to start each one manually when one ends. i tried looking for another audio player with wma support but all i found were mp3 player ads and wma to mp3 converters. so, is there something not turned on with her wmp, is there another audio player with wma support, or does she need to suck it up and convert her wmas to mp3/aac/whatever?

alright, here's the deal. i haven't used a mac since 1997 so this isn't about me. i have a friend who's going off to college who just bought an ibook and has been living off of the wma format in windows all her life. she asked me to help her find an audio player that would play wmas and the best i could do was find windows media player 9 for osx. she said that worked and all, but she couldn't get it to play her wma files automatically like winamp or wmp in windows does in a playlist. she says she has to start each one manually when one ends. i tried looking for another audio player with wma support but all i found were mp3 player ads and wma to mp3 converters. so, is there something not turned on with her wmp, is there another audio player with wma support, or does she need to suck it up and convert her wmas to mp3/aac/whatever?

586312464[/snapback]

Flip4Mac allows any Quicktime application to play Windows Media files, including audio. I'm not positive if it will play protected files though. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to allow iTunes to play them though.