Design (unfinished)

Question

groovydesigner

Recently I have made this design/website/template .. it is not finished yet but what do you think about it ? Any advices? or something is wrong?

I would be helpful if you comment. :)

Thanks

Groovydesigner :)

websitepreviewnew9pq.jpg

Edited by groovydesigner

-scorpio-

Some of those designs are truly amazing trefaes they make me ashamed of anything i have made :D .

-scorpio-

Something i came up with for you ... if you want to use it .. ill give it to you free.

post-76025-1123097922_thumb.jpg

JMann

I will pray for him tonight. :)

openhost.us

groovydesigner, maybe if you change this blue color with something lighter white, gray or lightgreen wil look much nicer ;)

Edited by openhost.us
AgEnTsMiTh

The colors are too bright. Remember, you want them to stick around on the site, not run because there eyes start to bleed. Use softer colors, and a mixture. The mock up that scorpio provided is a perfect example of a warm and welcome colors and a site that users will enjoy coming to.

exobot

Scorpio, very nice!

A suggestion: Make the text smaller, or less round - it doesn't seem to fit the rest of the clean and smooth design (or it could be a result of the JPEG'ing).

groovydesigner

Today I will work on everything you've told me ... thanks all for the help ... and Scorpio I really liked the layout you've done but I will not use it ...what is the font you used in the banner?

groovydesigner

The changes are ready! I tried to make everything you've told me ... here it is ...if there is still something missing or any other advices just tell me .

post-109199-1123227419_thumb.jpg

AgEnTsMiTh

that is a major improvement indeed. I still do not care for the over use of that color. You need to change it up a bit because, like i stated before, you want it to be usable.

+stereopixels

I agree with AgEnTsMiTh; you've done some really good improvements but I think that you should aim for some more pastelly-blues. I would personally be careful with over-branding too; you've got the site header saying 'Zak Swater', then diagonally in the corner it says 'Zak Swater.org' and then on the menu it says 'Zak Menu'; personally I would get rid of the latter two and try to keep aesthetic text as basic as possible so as not to interfere with the content text.

t.gordon

major improvement, tho its no were near as good as scorpio's, and it is still to overpowering with colour

groovydesigner

I will get rid of those ZAK menu and zak swatar.org ... the only thing I can understand ..the colour ..what exactly shall I DO ? Are the content boxes good ? Any other advice about it?

Rob

Groovy, the colour is just TOO BRIGHT. It's garishly bright, THAT'S the issue. I agree though, it's improved no end on the first example you gave.

The whole thing just looks very cartoonish and amateurish. It has no sense of professionalism, which, even though it's a youth group, any website should. It appears big and bold and chunky beyond what which is acceptable to me in a website design.

Think of it like... when you write on a CDR with a pen that's too thick. It just looks messy. Whenever you write "e" it just merges into a blob. In the same way, your site just looks like it's been done with an overly thick pen - messy. In my opinion streamlining the design, making it a little more refined is the way to go.

downhillmatt2002

whats with the big gap from the content boxes to the header? :s

Von_Beard

its called Saturation use it and turn it down

Axel

This stuff is miles better than what I have seen from you in the past. You are certainly learning very quickly, I guess soon it'll be people asking you for opinions on design ;)

-scorpio-

The font is Segoe UI

jukeboxhero52

I would suggest visiting some other church youth group websites and see how they layout the site. I know you want your own style, and although I don't suggest to copy the design, it can be helpful in creating your own site.

groovydesigner
This stuff is miles better than what I have seen from you in the past.  You are certainly learning very quickly, I guess soon it'll be people asking you for opinions on design ;)

586330223[/snapback]

Thanks a lot for your comments :)

I would suggest visiting some other church youth group websites and see how they layout the site.  I know you want your own style, and although I don't suggest to copy the design, it can be helpful in creating your own site.

586330227[/snapback]

Thanks ...do you have any links for youth group sites ?

The font is Segoe UI

586330231[/snapback]

Thanks scorpio...did you see the "new" version? What do you think ? any improvements? any other advices ?

----------------------

Thanks ALL

Groovydesigner

AbandonedTrolley
Groovy, the colour is just TOO BRIGHT.  It's garishly bright, THAT'S the issue.  I agree though, it's improved no end on the first example you gave.

The whole thing just looks very cartoonish and amateurish.  It has no sense of professionalism, which, even though it's a youth group, any website should.  It appears big and bold and chunky beyond what which is acceptable to me in a website design.

Think of it like... when you write on a CDR with a pen that's too thick.  It just looks messy.  Whenever you write "e" it just merges into a blob.  In the same way, your site just looks like it's been done with an overly thick pen - messy.  In my opinion streamlining the design, making it a little more refined is the way to go.

586330174[/snapback]

I agree, maybe using the heading size used in the boxes to the right on the main section and slimming up the lesser ones a bit more.

It really is overly bold and screaming for attention.

As others have said though, your skills have come along leaps and bounds from original work, it's also nice to see you taking on the tips people offer and using them :yes:

+chorpeac

The top part, the logo section, look cool, but the menu is a no go. It's not neat, it's not lined up, and it looks like you would get lost....I would rethink the menu.

AbandonedTrolley
The top part, the logo section, look cool, but the menu is a no go. It's not neat, it's not lined up, and it looks like you would get lost....I would rethink the menu.

586330511[/snapback]

:blink: did you look at the front version or the edited one on page 3 ?

Groovy maybe if you could update the original post to the most current template of the site :)

groovydesigner

^ OK . I will do it now.

groovydesigner

Emm ... Scorpio could you pls send me the font Segoe UI ? And Someone told me to adjust the saturation of the colour how do I that? And I think I have a bug in photoshop the pen tool is not working correctly ... I can't make curvy lines ..