My Brand New Toshiba 52" DLP

I finally got a big screen in my house. After haivng my parents old tv from when they were married (about 17 years ago) this is a big change. It doesnt compare to the projector i have for me computer (ill dig up pics) but it kicks ass. Im still waiting on new furniture so sorry about the mess. I hope to get some surround sound going now. Pics below..

dsc008106fn.th.jpg

dsc008119fw.th.jpg

dsc008127wl.th.jpg

p><p><a  href=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2862/dsc008142vr.th.jpg' alt='dsc008142vr.th.jpg'>

dsc008167eu.th.jpg

p><p><a  href=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1672/dsc008202zo.th.jpg]

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7884/dsc008214zv.th.jpg' alt='dsc008214zv.th.jpg'>

Im having a problem..on my HD channels the bars above and under the picture are gray but on my non HD they are black. How can i change the gray to black? The gray is VERY annoying

What model TV is it and how much did it cost. Thanks

586322594[/snapback]

52HM84 and probably cost him around $2200 - $2500 US.

Geeze bangbang u move my thread and you cant even put the cool automatic italicized "Moved Here" text? hehe

Well i can change my picture size and when i change it so their is no bars it is to big in height meaning like subtitles are cut off the screen area and the little guide thing from my cable box..

:edit:

Model number 52hm84

cost: 1.998.99 (on sale)

We bought a stand though so that was 349.9 and then we had to pay for delivery which was like 50bucks. We also got the BB 4 year warranty for 400 bucks. It pays because if the lamp goes out we have to take it about 150-200 miles away and pay 200 for the bulb. Plus this covers alot of other **** and inhome service it is

I just got a DLP a few weeks ago (Samsung 61" brand new HLR6167) for only $2599 - Best Buy and Fry's were having a huge price war, the list price is $3499!!

As for the grey bars, are you using a digital cable box? It should be an option either in the TV's menu or the box's menu.

Geeze bangbang u move my thread and you cant even put the cool automatic italicized "Moved Here" text? hehe

Well i can change my picture size and when i change it so their is no bars it is to big in height meaning like subtitles are cut off the screen area and the little guide thing from my cable box..

Model number 52hm84

cost: 1.998.99 (on sale)

We bought a stand though so that was 349.9 and then we had to pay for delivery which was like 50bucks. We also got the BB 4 year warranty for 400 bucks. It pays because if the lamp goes out we have to take it about 150-200 miles away and pay 200 for the bulb. Plus this covers alot of other **** and inhome service it is

586322755[/snapback]

Make sure you aren't setting it to zoom, but 16:9 or widescreen. I forget what it's called on the Toshiba. If you want, I'll double check at work tomorrow and get back to you.

There we go..but all of a sudden my cable box crapped out. Glad cable people are coming tommorw. They have to remove some signal boosters as i dont have their cable internet service anymore and its ****ing with my cable signal. Thats what u get from these adelphia ******s.

Anyway toshiba calls it like theatre screen 1,2, and 3 or something like that. I had to set my cable box to 1080i and now its good when i set the box to that and the tv to theatre 2

There we go..but all of a sudden my cable box crapped out. Glad cable people are coming tommorw. They have to remove some signal boosters as i dont have their cable internet service anymore and its ****ing with my cable signal. Thats what u get from these adelphia ******s.

Anyway toshiba calls it like theatre screen 1,2, and 3 or something like that. I had to set my cable box to 1080i and now its good when i set the box to that and the tv to theatre 2

586322833[/snapback]

(Y) awesome. If you have some spare cash, try getting a calibration disc so you can properly tune the video settings.

What is that? LOL inform me Mr. Bestbuy.

Im also thinking about surround sound. Any suggestions? I dont need like big speaker things. Just ones that are in front and in back of me.

Make sure you aren't setting it to zoom, but 16:9 or widescreen. I forget what it's called on the Toshiba. If you want, I'll double check at work tomorrow and get back to you.

586322824[/snapback]

TheatreWide 1 2 or 3 hehe

I had the next model up from that, which had more inputs and stuff. But we returned due to the fact that we see the rainbow effect. Other than that its an amazing TV, Congrats. THe grey part, I dont think you can get rid of that. It ****ed us off too.

in addition it my question above im wondering about the lamp brightness. I can set it to normal and high. Its not that much of a differance although i like it on the high. Is it one of those things where im seeing a small difference and making a huge lamp life sacrafice.

I did get rid of the gray part on the HD channels and it never showed on my non HD. I configured the cable box for the 16:9. Now its time to hookup Ps2 to component.

What is that? LOL inform me Mr. Bestbuy.

Im also thinking about surround sound. Any suggestions? I dont need like big speaker things. Just ones that are in front and in back of me.

586322841[/snapback]

A calibration disc allows you to properly configure your picture settings, such as contrast and brightness, to get the most accurate picture possible.

As for surround sound systems, check out the Yamaha YHT-160 or 360.

But what is the disc? like a DVD? or an actual part. I think i saw it by the register but wasnt sure if it was FREE on not

:edit: does the 160 come with stands?

ps i would be gratefull if u can answer or try to my questions above

But what is the disc? like a DVD? or an actual part. I think i saw it by the register but wasnt sure if it was FREE on not

586322876[/snapback]

It's a DVD. The one at BB is like $40. You can probably find it cheaper elsewhere.

586322876[/snapback]

Many people swear by the AVIA DVD, here's their homepage: AVIA Homepage. Amazon has it for $35 or so, but you might be able to find it cheaper. I am not sure of any free calibration discs out there.

if you bought the bestbuy warranty thinking it covers the bulb, you're in for a big surprise. bulbs are considered accessories just like laptop batteries and aren't protected under bestbuy's performance service plan.