Need some help with beta 1

ok, please dont be cruel... ;)

anyways installed beta 1 and booted to it- none of the effects work! :( i cant seems to find where to turn them on, and i think maybe my radeon 8500 dv cant handle it, ok- update drivers and still nothing! :(

also i dont have internet! :( looks like the ethernet controller isnt installed, it cant find it on the install dvd and i dont have internet to check update without the controller- can someone please point me in the direction of a generic ethernet controller driver that will work with vista, so i can unse internet/ windows update...

let me level with you guys, i just want to see these effects for myself, im not interested in keeping beta 1, i want the final product- i just want to see these effects run on my comp! :)

According to this, the FX5200 supports the glass effects in Windows Vista BETA 1. This may be the same for the go5200.

The Radeon 8500 is NOT DirectX9 compliant.

You'll need a newer videocard that is DirectX9 compliant (most new ones are.) This does not mean you need one that was manufactured this year. Alot of 2 year old cards are DirectX9 compliant, too.

I believe the Radeon 9600 model and up will work fine.