The icons in Vista are horrible

Is it just me or the Icons in vista are absolutelly horrible?

Come on...It seems like they were designed by someone from the 1930's...

586324528[/snapback]

LOL, Ron Jeremy.

Is there a way to set the UI back to like Windows 2000 defaults or Windows XP defaults or something?

You know, like how you can set Windows XP to "Classic" and it looks like Windows 2000?

Thanks,

BK

Edited by Bearded Kirklander

I happen to love the new icons. Brings a new style to Windows. One thing tho, if Microsoft dont fix all the graphics in all the programs (like Internet Explorer options, device manager etc. to the new icons that Vista has, it will look horrible. The icons currently in IE 6 on XP look BAD. It honestly looks like they are still from Win95 and the same with most system files in C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 folder. Some of the programs are even still from Windows 3.1. That is very bad. Microsoft need to clean Windows completely and redesign it and get rid of the crap. Does anyone else agree?

I was expecting this to go into a flame war, like anything that regards personal taste does :)

But I agree that they should allow you to use the set of icons from XP as a style.

I also enjoy the fact that solitaire still looks basically the same since windows 95 :), but then again, maybe I just look to much into details.

If most users had there way Windows would never visually approve.

The year would be 2036 and thanks to the "living in the past" windows users the ui would still be look like windows 2000.

There are times when i have alot of respect for MAC OS X users. They like to look forwards.

I also enjoy the fact that solitaire still looks basically the same since windows 95 , but then again, maybe I just look to much into details.

Look closer, Solitaire now has 32 bit color backgrounds on the cards that are taken from the "Pictures" folder and are random on each start up of Solitaire. That is an improvement over windows 95.

Look closer, Solitaire now has 32 bit color backgrounds on the cards that are taken from the "Pictures" folder and are random on each start up of Solitaire. That is an improvement over windows 95.

586324659[/snapback]

Ei it actually does.....Fantastic... I'm impressed (sarcasm)

Is it just me or the Icons in vista are absolutelly horrible?

Come on...It seems like they were designed by someone from the 1930's...

586324528[/snapback]

Maybe not 1930's, but this is only Beta 1. The bigger changes will come in Beta 2, and the subsequent release candidates. Just take a look at Whistler Beta 1 and 2, see the difference ....

Maybe not 1930's, but this is only Beta 1. The bigger changes will come in Beta 2, and the subsequent release candidates. Just take a look at Whistler Beta 1 and 2, see the difference ....

Can you make those icons smaller? Some of those folder icons seem freakin' huge! OMG!

did anyone else feel Microsoft have taken the **** out of apple by letting you use 256x256 Icons!!?

I know OSX Gives you 128x128... but 256x256!? :blink:

"That one operating system" already offers freely scalable vector icons, so you can have 3200x3200 icons if you really want to.

yep... I've got to say that these new icons bring a new level of fuglinest in windows. Anyway... microsoft are the masters at amking ugly, bulky and bloated interfaces...

now don't get me wrong... I love the windows OS, I use it everyday and i'm not even thinking to switch (for now) but still, the truth is that microsoft should fire their current graphic designer and hire some people from the modding scene.

but yeah... Vista's icons are retardedly ugly. Like god damn, look at the recycle bin icon...meh

it seems that they are all out of size, one too slim, too flat-like, etc

truely hope they are working on nicer icons

If most users had there way Windows would never visually approve.

The year would be 2036 and thanks to the "living in the past" windows users the ui would still be look like windows 2000.

There are times when i have alot of respect for MAC OS X users. They like to look forwards.

586324644[/snapback]

thank you :D

from what i saw i didnt think that the icons were so bad, granted i havent tried out the beta but i thought the ones from lh alphas were just fine...

yep... I've got to say that these new icons bring a new level of fuglinest in windows. Anyway... microsoft are the masters at amking ugly, bulky and bloated interfaces...

now don't get me wrong... I love the windows OS, I use it everyday and i'm not even thinking to switch (for now) but still, the truth is that microsoft should fire their current graphic designer and hire some people from the modding scene.

but yeah... Vista's icons are retardedly ugly. Like god damn, look at the recycle bin icon...meh

it seems that they are all out of size, one too slim, too flat-like, etc

truely hope they are working on nicer icons

But can you set the size to be smaller, or use windows "Classic" icons or something?

The icons are very large, I don't like it and I coudln't figure out how to make them the same size how it is in XP. So far I find Vista very cluttered. It's nice and all but doesn't seem too friendly to power users and such.

The icons are very large, I don't like it and I coudln't figure out how to make them the same size how it is in XP.  So far I find Vista very cluttered.  It's nice and all but doesn't seem too friendly to power users and such.

586325519[/snapback]

Dont worry about things like that. When the OS ships it will be fully customizable.