What gift will beta testers receive

What do you think beta testers will get then, a free copy of vista maybe? Im in the beta and wondering what we will get, im not in it for the gift tho, i enjoy testing it and want to make it a better os for ev1

Edit: i spelt recieve wrong in the title i no :pinch:

A fresh copy of RTM Vista sounds about right... at least Microsoft takes care of it's beta testers :)

... enjoy completing MS's product activation obstacle course :p

I seriously doubt it will be an RTM copy of Vista. Only because there will be so many beta testers. It could be an RTM to top-beta testers or maybe shirts or something. Hey who knows.

It could be an RTM to top-beta testers or maybe shirts or something. Hey who knows.

586325540[/snapback]

Care to explain to those not versed with Microsoft beta practices? They rank their beta testers? How?

Only the top bug submitter's will get a copy of Vista, the rest get a generic thank you email.

586325552[/snapback]

Agreed. There is NO WAY MS with give out that many copies of Vista RTM for free. They may give the top 100 or so beta testers a copy, however. The rank beta testers by their participation. I'm not sure if that's merely by filing bug reports or their posts on the newsgroups as well. :huh: Anyways, it would be nice to get Vista RTM for free, especially since I am so poor, lol... but I'm not relying on that too much. :pinch:

I think it probably won't just be a generic e-mail though, you'll definitely get SOMETHING. What that something is, is another matter... :happy:

What do you think beta testers will get then, a free copy of vista maybe?  Im in the beta and wondering what we will get, im not in it for the gift tho, i enjoy testing it and want to make it a better os for ev1

Edit: i spelt recieve wrong in the title i no  :pinch:

586325495[/snapback]

fixed. :)

Only the top bug submitter's will get a copy of Vista, the rest get a generic thank you email.

586325552[/snapback]

well its kinda a joke right now to submit..when things aren't working right with the beta client and connect site

There are way too many testers to give them ALL a full RTM copy ! I think it'll be a T-shirt, or a pen. Top testers will probably get something better.

I am sure that what you/we will get will have several factors including which program you are in (TAP, MVP, Tech Beta) which products you are testing and level of participation

leftovers of the radio we got for office beta :D

586325731[/snapback]

Hey, it wasn't just a radio! It was a compass and a flashlight, too!

God, that thing was a piece of crap. But it's the thought that counts! :yes:

I heard you will get a copy of Windows XP Starter Edition with a coupon to upgrade to Windows Vista Starter Edition.

A big sweet sucker (lollipop) saying thankyou.

Seems fair.

Actually if they fix my bugs. That would be enough reward.

586328211[/snapback]

Right.

IMHO the reward is that you get an OS that is that much more stable becaue you played your part in testing it.

Of course, it's always nice to get a gift, but if I was a beta tester I wouldn't complain if I didn't get one.