How much will Vista be?

When Windows Vista goes public how much do you think the retail price will be? And on a side note do you think the corporate world will embrace it as a workstation OS.

Vista Pro about $300 to $350.

Vista home about $200 to $250.

586325966[/snapback]

No way. If they do that, they'll have the biggest wave of piracy ever on their hands to deal with. I don't know of any consumer OS that retails for that kind of money....My guess is Pro/Premium (I dunno what they're gonna be called) will be $150, tops $200 (and that's pushing it). For the Home versions, between $100 and $150, I guess

*Note: This is pure speculation.

Right now

Home upgrade is $100

Home full is $200

Pro upgrade is $200

Pro full is $300

I'm sure Vista prices will be the same. I hope they get rid of the home/pro difference and let us choose what we want.

im sure they will try to do some anti-piracy authenticication by the time vista goes final it you will not be able to bypass without having an authentic version...

Vista Pro about $300 to $350.

Vista home about $200 to $250.

586325966[/snapback]

I will got 100% pirate then bc I'm not paying for this bs more than I did for XP Pro

im sure they will try to do some anti-piracy authenticication by the time vista goes final it you will not be able to bypass without having an authentic version...

586326993[/snapback]

rofl ya right hahaha

It will only cost a trip to a torrent site...

586326967[/snapback]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

u damn right, no gas wasted :p

586326993[/snapback]

I'll give u 24 hours before it will hit the stores before it will get cracked

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

u damn right, no gas wasted  :p

I'll give u 24 hours before it will hit the stores before it will get cracked

586327019[/snapback]

probs will be available online serveral Weeks before it hits the stores!

thats what happened with xp it was available to download before it was even in the shops :laugh:

No way. If they do that, they'll have the biggest wave of piracy ever on their hands to deal with. I don't know of any consumer OS that retails for that kind of money....

586326004[/snapback]

What are you talking about, Windows XP does. You can get it cheaper now but that is the MSRP and cost at launch.

I will just take a trip down to my college campus and pick it up for $9.95 (USA)...

586327090[/snapback]

Yah, microsoft only charges campuses $2.50 for each copy :D

Yah, microsoft only charges campuses $2.50 for each copy  :D

586327118[/snapback]

The uni i'm hoping to go to, allows you to download any microsoft product except office and keep it for free.