How much will Vista be?

Well, if the scece release has its way, it'll be on IRC a few weeks before its on the shelves ;) I beliueve most of us will remember the WXP Pro release with the FCK key, hehe.

are computers going to get more expensive when they have vista installed?

586327031[/snapback]

You make it sound like its a privilage to have Vista. :p

Edited by Unknown User

There is no reason to believe that Vista will retail for astronomical prices. If any company is NOT stupid in its business practices (especially licensing), it is Microsoft. They may be underhanded, sneaky, and arrogant, but they wil certainly not price themselves out of the market. That's what *other* software companies do.

Microsoft sold a staggering number of copies of Windows XP, well into the hundreds of millions, whether bundled with computers or standalone.

You're getting an OS that works, that is fully supported, that represents the industry standard, that will work on virtually any half-decent PC, and that will have a long shelf life. Besides, unless you plan on getting a pirated copy of Vista, even if the OS casts $300 and you think for some reason it should go for $200, you might as well fork over the extra $100 and get a real OS that will last (Vista.) The OS is the most important part of computing. Of course, you can count on Microsoft to price Vista as conmpetitively as they have priced previous OS's. At least you won't be nearly forced to buy a new version for $125 every year.

Your financial outlay will be a one-time fee (for the average home user), and it will be proportional to prices of previous versions of Windows.

If you're already so worried about Vista's price, then there's really no point in investing in computers to begin with.

So . . . relax.

im sure they will try to do some anti-piracy authenticication by the time vista goes final it you will not be able to bypass without having an authentic version...

586326993[/snapback]

then again, if they have that, wouldnt there be no need for the microsoft genuine windows advantage thing??

I got XP Pro for free (should have been $20). I'll get vista too.

I hope they charge less for the upgrade. Make more people buy it.