Odd Vista Install Error

After I select the partition on my hard drive I want to install Vista on, I keep getting this error:

An error occured while copying files (click ok)

This application has failed to start because TAPI32.dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem. Has anyone ever come across this error message before?

After I select the partition on my hard drive I want to install Vista on, I keep getting this error:

An error occured while copying files (click ok)

This application has failed to start because TAPI32.dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem.  Has anyone ever come across this error message before?

586331172[/snapback]

What's the size of the partition you're installing to? I got this error when I was installing to a 6GB VMware partition. There's a weird descrepency where if the partition is <6GB, it won't let you install, of course. That's the minimum requirement. If it is exactly 6GB, you get this error. And if it's >6GB, it should work. That's how I solved it--by making the drive size 8GB.

Also, you may run into a related issue where you need to boot to the install an initial time to create the partition, and then reboot to format it and continue the install, but that may be irrelevant information at this point.

There are several post about this in the Vista beta news group. There is even a fix, that works most of the time.

microsoft.beta.longhorn.general has most of the post.

Ok, I found the problem (at least for me). I had the Vista .iso burnt to a DVD-RW, and my DVD-ROM couldn't read DVD-RW discs. After borrowing my friends DVD-ROM Vista installed with no problems.