New proteus, woohoo

Dazzla

For those of you that don't know, Proteus is a multi IM client for OS X. Like trillian.

I wasn't a fan of the first one and I seemed to have problems with MSN on it, but seeing as they release a beta of the new version 2, I thought I'd give it a try. One of the major things for me was the introduction of file transfer, gootta love it. But it's the silky smooth UI that has got me hooked, especially the way the windows work.

So, people with OS X, give it a try. Here's a couple of screenies.

You can see the way all the different convo's are bundled into one window with the names on the left in the drawer. That will also inform you of a new IM and the status and stuff of the user. Also you can see next to tim's name the little pencil subtley reminding me that he's typing.

prot3.jpg

More info and a download here:

http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcg...id=12703&db=mac

kairon

Cool but they should make a *nix version, that would make it even cooler.

BananaMan

Man, that is one nice looking UI!

Wickedkitten

got that yedterday but ta for the info,

Dazzla
Originally posted by Wickedkitten

got that yedterday but ta for the info,

I saw it on the macnn forums cause the creator sometimes posts there. I downloaded it the other day but I couldn't get MSN to work on it, that's why I've been on and off for a few days. I don't know why it worls now but it's sweet. MSN 3 can go in the trash now :p

Wickedkitten
Originally posted by Dazzla

I saw it on the macnn forums cause the creator sometimes posts there. I downloaded it the other day but I couldn't get MSN to work on it, that's why I've been on and off for a few days. I don't know why it worls now but it's sweet. MSN 3 can go in the trash now :p

it's definately a vast improvement over the last version,I wonder if themes work on it

Dazzla
Originally posted by Wickedkitten

it's definately a vast improvement over the last version,I wonder if themes work on it

What do you mean by that?

Wickedkitten
Originally posted by Dazzla

What do you mean by that?

on the proteus page you can download new icon themes

BroChaos

grrr, first that new p2p program yesterday, now this. can you guys make me any more jealous?? i shouldn't ask that cuz i know you can :p damn that looks sweet.

nomis_nehc

damn, seems like mac's p2p apps has sweet and smooth ui, whilst window users get ugly crayon like ui. heh, another reason to get a mac.

BroChaos

seriously, is it that hard to code something for windows that not only works well, but looks nice and has a intuitive layout?

Zerosignull

coding for windows is a P.O.P but the ui follow a guideline like mac programs follow apples guidlines

cerbero

Mm. Proteus alone seems like a good enough reason to get a Mac :D