Does Windows One Care create moreheat onharddrive?

Just like to know because since I installed the thing I notice my hard drive temps jump 10F Now acting like 97F when Idle instead of 86F Does anyone know if used 3d in the back ground or not? Does anyone know what the key processes word is to disable it back ground so I can find out if it's doing that?

No that is not possible. Unless your hard drive is always trying to access something then perhaps it is a bug within OneCare. But otherwise, normally a software program would not heat up your hard drive.

Well it's very weird bug for WOC On my system idles at 90F :) video card idles at 109F hard drive still like 97F But my room like 72F shouldn't have do with that.

Do you have a pre-built system or a custom system?

If it's the latter, I'd check to see if a fan failed or if something is blocking the fan perhaps? That's the only logical thing I can think of.

well I got this system in End of Jan 2003. But I do have my case open for now. Everthing runs great. it's just kinda strange that since I installed one care program my heat jump on my hard drive kinda weird. :huh: Oh well if my hard drive goes I just get another one from gateway :)I still have warreted left up to Jan 2006 :D I have 450 watt psu in it. And I do dust out my system my ever couple months too.

Just let you know my hard drive had fail gateway replacing me with new one right away I hope it's wasn't one care that cause my hard drive to went :( Thankgoodness I have my back up 6.4 gig hard drive :)

I highly doubt it was OneCare that killed your hard drive. It was probably due to overheating. I'd get a fan to blow air over it. If you haven't felt what it feels like when it's been running for a few hours, test it out. It won't burn you but it is hot.

I too have noticed this... After installing OneCare on my Dell Inspiron 6000d, i have noticed that my idle temperature for my harddrive has increased to 49C whereas it is usually 44C. My guess is that it is the antivirus or something that is constantly scanning the harddrive.

Either way, running your comp with the case off isn't a great idea.

You need to maintain a certain level of airflow over the components. The case needs to be left on for that.