Is cost a factor in you obtaining Windows Vista  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Is cost a factor in you obtaining Windows Vista

• 1. - $ 100 - $ 150
    • 2. - $ 150 - $ 200
    • 3. - $ 200 - $ 250
    • 4. - $ 250 - $ 300
    • 5. - Over $ 300

I know there has been and is a lot of Vista threads, but I dont remember seeing one like this, and I'm curious.

There has been a posts about the increase costs of the new Vista.

Now, is the increase cost going to effect anyone's decision to obtain the new OS? And if so how much are you willing to pay?

Reason why I voted in the 250 to 300 is how much XP pro costed when it came out canadian. So thus from powers that be of deduction it would either be in this price range once again or even more seen how in a few articles they wanted to up the price by a wee bit.

Microsoft will never do the right thing and offer Vista with similar pricing Apple offers for the Tiger OS.

The OS should not be over $100 with a 5 user license plan for $199. Simple pricing like this would go a long way to stopping piracy.

i voted over $300 as when XP was released, XP Home was over $300 by itself (and it's still at the $350 mark, xp pro is about $640)

i think, that due to the cost of computers comming down, and the cost of windows going up, soon, windows will cost more than the whole system. i dont think that's a good situation for MS to be in.

If it costed more around $100-150 I bet there would be a whole load of people who would seriously consider buying it rather than going the route of piracy. But nowadays, people would rather spend that 300 bucks instead of on an OS they can get for nothing and use the money to get a new CPU/Motherboard or higher end graphics card. Volume over profit!

If it costed more around $100-150 I bet there would be a whole load of people who would seriously consider buying it rather than going the route of piracy. But nowadays, people would rather spend that 300 bucks instead of on an OS they can get for nothing and use the money to get a new CPU/Motherboard or higher end graphics card. Volume over profit!

586348284[/snapback]

That's a good point. I would probably rather spend my money on that.

First of all, you need to specify what currency...

Most likely it will follow the same pricing scheme that Windows has followed previously; Pro versions will be $300 USD, Home will be $200 USD. OEM versions will be about 1/2 of those prices.

I like the way most people are pretending they'll pay for it. I'll probably buy one copy, but not one for all my pc's so I hope activation aint as annoying this time.

Microsoft will never do the right thing and offer Vista with similar pricing Apple offers for the Tiger OS.

The OS should not be over $100 with a 5 user license plan for $199.  Simple pricing like this would go a long way to stopping piracy.

586348182[/snapback]

i agree.. there must be a gazillion copies of its software sold every second but they still insist in making you pay an arm and a bollock for it

I'll go for the OEM version. Don't know what price it may be though, XP OEM is around 45-50GBP at the moment.