Hmm. Glass effect not working with ATI 32bit?

Urr..

So, I had the glass effect not too long ago, but now it's gone.

So I decided to install the Vista Beta 1 driver's from ATI. The x86 installs, but it doesn't help at ALL.

The x64 doesn't install.

Is there not a 32bit LDDM driver from ATI? :no:

Hmm, well it seem's that I am, yet it's not working?

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6492/problem2bj.jpg

I'm using the x86 driver's in the ATI Beta 1 package, but all windows scroll/moves extremely laggy too.

IT goes smooth if I just use Microsoft driver's, but no Glass effect. :(

586349003[/snapback]

Hi all - he is using correct drivers, I had exactly the same problem with my Radeon 9800 Pro. After updating drivers I managed to lose the glass effect. The problem in my case was actually related to the system driver for my motherboard agp interface. I had installed new mobo (Nfinity II) drivers, I tried a rollback on this and bingo - glass effect back.

Oooo!

I'm using an nForce2, and had to get the drivers for it.

So, if I uninstall it(Uninstalls my Ethernet card too. :p), and install it again it should work? o.o

Oooo!

I'm using an nForce2, and had to get the drivers for it.

So, if I uninstall it(Uninstalls my Ethernet card too. :p), and install it again it should work? o.o

586350464[/snapback]

yep, it should. If i was you, uninstall all the nforce drivers you put on first and then re-install the original microsoft ATI graphics driver. If it still is not displaying correctly the driver you need to rollback is under system devices in device manager called 'Nvidia nforce2 AGP Host to PCI bridge'.

I then re-added the drivers individually checking all was good each time. Mine is looking very healthy now - including the ethernet card!!

Let me know if this solves your issues.

Well, I'm currently reinstalling Vista as it let's me have the Glass effect's for a few reboots, then I'll install the LDDM drivers, then the nForce2 5.04(Only version I know of that has working Ethernet and isn't back to 4.XX).

I'll let you know what goes on when I'm back on Vista(Installing XP now then SP 2 as I don't have a DVD+RW cd here. Gotta install from inside XP, lol... Glad I'm on a lan)

:pinch:

Hmm, well it seem's that I am, yet it's not working?

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6492/problem2bj.jpg

I'm using the x86 driver's in the ATI Beta 1 package, but all windows scroll/moves extremely laggy too.

IT goes smooth if I just use Microsoft driver's, but no Glass effect. :(

586349003[/snapback]

its the secondary ... i had that problem too .. i still have no tv .. but ya thats the prob.

its the secondary ... i had that problem too .. i still have no tv .. but ya thats the prob.

586351300[/snapback]

?

That made no sense, sorry. :laugh:

?

That made no sense, sorry. :laugh:

586351570[/snapback]

I ment that i was having a problem with Dual monitors .. and Glass ... Wouldnt work with the default drivers ..... but when i installed the nvidi beta drivers ... the dual monitor worked with the glass... all im saying is that mabey its a driver conflickt with the dual ... :sleep:

There's no dual-monitor.

Secondary has just always been there.

It's just that, no matter if I install the LDDM drivers, it says that there's no monitor connected, and no Graphics card, yet the Device Manager says that the card(x800SE 256) is using the lddm drivers.

Running:

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ @ 2.08Ghz

Sapphire x800SE 256mb

512 DDRRam

nForce 2 AGP mobo(Not quite sure on the full name, besides nForce 2. ;) ).

Oh btw, I fixed it by reinstalling Vista(Pain in the ass without a DVD, haha...), but that's not the point of this post(Well, besides that I haven't rebooted once since I reinstalled, and it's all going smooth. :p).

I think that, after putting on the LDDM drivers, you might have to go here?

http://img298.imageshack.us/img298/7886/desktop0uq.jpg

That might be something, but even so; Before all this, when putting the LDDM driver's on, Vista wouldn't recognise that my card was on so it was laggy as hell too. :(

• 4 weeks later...