That darn sound...

Hii there...

Your probably all sick to death of these currently, but im just going to throw another one on the stack...

My sound doesnt work!

Im running onboard sound (didnt see the need to get a new soundcard since my m/board came with one... and never bothered)... its a RealTek AC 97...

Last night i tried throwing on the drivers from my m/board disk... and that just kept crashing, and restarting... crashing and restarting... soon as i disable the device in safe mode... the world is fine...

after a bit of a google search, ive come up with no solution or drivers... sO if someone could point me in the right direction of a driver, id be very pleased :)

thanks...

I have AC97 audio built into my mobo. Thought I didnt need a sound card like you. Worked for about a week, cbf'ed finding solution for my crappy audio so went out and got me a Audigy2 ZS

thanks for the link, ill try it tomorrow morning :) cant be bothered switching to Vista now... im too tired...

dO hope it works :) and, i shall be sure to try it with xP compatibility if it keeps stuffing up..

Thanks a ton guys :)

:D ta eLyzioN... the drivers worked well...

ive got sound, and so far, no crashes...

and yes, GrimReaper, one day i will get a better sound card... something real, but atm... theres no point, i cant be bothered since the AC97 does alright :)

Thanks peoples...