MSN 5 released

now all I want to see is people biatching about the Mac client having more and nicer features than the PC client such access to other IM networks or the ability to of dual login on the MSN network?:devil:l::laugh:h::rofl:l::rolleyes:s:

now all I want to see is people biatching about the Mac client having more and nicer features than the PC client such access to other IM networks or the ability to of dual login on the MSN network?&nbsp:devil:l:&nbsp:laugh:h:&nbsp:rofl:l:&nbsp:rolleyes:s:

586350672[/snapback]

That will happen, especially Windows users complain about Microsoft Messenger 5 having a nicer interface and icons:laugh:h:

Someone in the office has just told me its out now?

586350804[/snapback]

I don't think it is, at least I can't see anything!

God this is annoying!

Who cares about MSN messenger oO

586350848[/snapback]

The guy who started the topic obviosly, and if you dont care, what you doin here!

:laugh:

I don't think it is, at least I can't see anything!

God this is annoying!

586350851[/snapback]

it's but I don't I don't know why some sites are not replicating and showing up the updated info?:blush:h::cry:y:p:p

Yep, it's out, i was wrong.

this might help people, i was getting it at 15KBps from the official site, i got it via coral, speed was 100KBps.

This is the english release.

http://download.microsoft.com.nyud.net:809...essenger500.dmg

Edit: One thing i have noticed, more dp's than messenger for windows.

Edited by The_Decryptor

Display Pictures?

Radish?

586351449[/snapback]

Ahhh, OK. That should have been obvious. I rather like the cow one myse:D :D

All of the pictures are stored in the resources of the file as png's, in case someone wanted to modify some of them. It also will default to your OS X user icon as your display picture.

it's interesting to see that most of the files are in xml, there might be lots of room for customization

586351496[/snapback]

I had wondered what those .pobj files were, but looking at them in TextEdit shows that they are simply XML. Cool! :D

:( Well after looking forward to this release it appears file transfers are little faster... and the interface is very bloated and slow. It slugs my mac Mini right down whereas adium has little effect. Damnit.

I had wondered what those .pobj files were, but looking at them in TextEdit shows that they are simply XML.  Cool! :D

586351519[/snapback]

I'm starting to think that the reason it was delayed was because they re-wrote the whole ui (and some of the core).

some things are the same, but most of it has been overhauled, and it looks like cocoa now, whereas it was carbon before.

it's also a bit faster aswell, runs a bit quicker on my eMac.

Now come on ms, lets see custom emoticons (19px square) in 5.1 (or somthing else)

we dont need nudges or winks, so you can leave those out.