MSN 5 released

I had wondered what those .pobj files were, but looking at them in TextEdit shows that they are simply XML.? Cool!:DD

586351519[/snapback]

Great! Let's get rid of that tab bar!:pp

Edit:

In case anyone wants it here are two replacement buddy pop-up screens without the ugly MSN logo. Just replace the current ones in the Microsoft Messenger.rsrc file with ThemePark.

__PICT____2900.tiff

__PICT____2905____.tiff

Edited by PureLogic

I've allready patched it to remove the top bar ;)

http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=10723

586352307[/snapback]

Thanks! As you can see on the pic it has a bug, the bottom bar is too thin to fit the resize thingy > it's overlapping a part of the contact list and looks especially ugly when the scrollbar is visible.

post-91325-1123622082.png

Edited by PureLogic

I've allready patched it to remove the top bar ;)

http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=10723

586352307[/snapback]

not bad, but all you did is stretch the contact list, i did that before, i'm looking for a way to completely remove the the tabs, but everytime i do the main window wont load (im guessing its crashing)

its nice that you posted the file for everyone to use though

Edited by Rudy

not bad, but all you did is stretch the contact list, i did that before, i'm looking for a way to completely remove the the tabs, but everytime i do the main window wont load (im guessing its crashing)

its nice that you posted the file for everyone to use though

586352404[/snapback]

His mod works for me except for that bug.

His mod works for me except for that bug.

586352421[/snapback]

i wasnt saying it doesnt work, but the tabs are still there, they're just hidden

oh and what bug?? (did you download the second one he posted?

i wasnt saying it doesnt work, but the tabs are still there, they're just hidden

oh and what bug?? (did you download the second one he posted?

586352440[/snapback]

I just did! :) A quick question does it really matter if they're hidden or gone, just curious

They are actually hidden and the main contact window is repositioned, if you try to actually remove them the contact list will not show up (mallformed code I guess).

i must say it looks stunning and i love it, but its a shame there is no audio and webcam options :(

thats the real disappointment for me.

They are actually hidden and the main contact window is repositioned, if you try to actually remove them the contact list will not show up (mallformed code I guess).

586352463[/snapback]

that's the problem im getting :(

im leaving for a 4 days vacation in an hour but when i come back i'll try again

I just did! :) A quick question does it really matter if they're hidden or gone, just curious

586352456[/snapback]

i guess it doesnt, i was just looking for a way to do it in a cleaner way

Anyone having problems being disconnected? with the old MSN4.0 and 3.0 I would be disconnected constantly with the msg "you have been disconnected to the internet so you have been signed out of Messenger" Same with 5.0 ..... which is wrong since I am still connected! with Adium I can sign on and it will never disconnect me ever.

Why are Microsoft doing this to us? :( and did anyone notice the date of the build? 15th of July

grrr, ok well it looks awesome but still, no webcam or audio which is important. hopfully someone could mebe mod it or ms will hurry up and patch it with support because it is really lacking in this area. for now i think i will stick with adium thhough

Anyone having problems being disconnected? with the old MSN4.0 and 3.0 I would be disconnected constantly with the msg "you have been disconnected to the internet so you have been signed out of Messenger" Same with 5.0 ..... which is wrong since I am still connected! with Adium I can sign on and it will never disconnect me ever.

Why are Microsoft doing this to us? :( and did anyone notice the date of the build? 15th of July

586352744[/snapback]

I haven't been disconnected since the download was available (about 5.5 hours ago).

grrr, ok well it looks awesome but still, no webcam or audio which is important.  hopfully someone could mebe mod it or ms will hurry up and patch it with support because it is really lacking in this area.  for now i think i will stick with adium thhough

586352761[/snapback]

I doubt you can patch something massive like that into Messenger 5 without recoding the whole thing. I mean half the interface needs to be adapted let alone the video/audio support itself.

I've gone back to Adium lol, I was looking forward to this release but its not that good. There is now no way to remove the little timer when someone sends you a msg, and when I deactivate the in msg display pictures there is still a big white box there where the display picture would fit... :( Never mind.