• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Mac OS 9.1 question...

Recommended Posts

mikejd1    0

in OS9.1 how do you "add/remove" programs?

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timan    554

delete the app folder root://applications/ appname

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BroChaos    1

don't you just drag the programs folder to the trash? or is that only for OSX?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikejd1    0

God damn macs!!!! lolol, just "delete" the prgrams. lololol, thats good ****

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BroChaos    1

heh, no doubt :p

no lame ass registry either.

they are definitely a few steps ahead in that department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikejd1    0
Originally posted by BroChaos

heh, no doubt :p

no lame ass registry either.

they are definitely a few steps ahead in that department.

i am very much serious about converting to MAC. Maybe if i can come up with a little more cash..we'll see...

Jacs, where ya been on AIM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dazzla    5
Originally posted by lebmike

in OS9.1 how do you "add/remove" programs?

Mike

I'm pretty sure it's the same as OS X, just drag the folder to the trash.

I only used OS 9 for about 5 minutes. I've never used it since. I don't have it installed for classic either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BroChaos    1

lebmike: i'm planning on getting a mac too, if i can get the money. my HPNA nic card fried, so i'm waiting on a new one. it will hopefully be here today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikejd1    0
Originally posted by BroChaos

lebmike: i'm planning on getting a mac too, if i can get the money. my HPNA nic card fried, so i'm waiting on a new one. it will hopefully be here today.

hehe, nice bro..ok, well i got my jet ski fixed so im heading out on the water, its 100 degress here in Mass. LOL later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sailgreg    0

There is no registry so where are settings stored? There is no INI files either :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BroChaos    1
Originally posted by lebmike

hehe, nice bro..ok, well i got my jet ski fixed so im heading out on the water, its 100 degress here in Mass. LOL later

what kind of jet ski you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timan    554

see macs are SIMPLE AND EASY you dont want hte program just delete it, now there are some times where the config files will still be on the hd but they are so small you could care less if they are there are not. but easy as drag and delete :) lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerosignull    289
Originally posted by sailgreg

There is no registry so where are settings stored? There is no INI files either :)

macs have a "preferences folder" in the "system folder". in this folder loads of little files are stored with prefrences for each preogram im much the same way as the registry in wondows holds preferences for each program

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nova_rock    0

yah, mac os's u just delete the folder, and if u have to get rid of the 1kb files laying around u just search for the prog name and delete all thta comes up. or use "clean sweep" it finds every little bit of unused garbage laying around and kills it.

on OS 9 and below there are pref's files and extentions but that ios done away with X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BroChaos    1
Originally posted by Zerosignull

macs have a "preferences folder" in the "system folder". in this folder loads of little files are stored with prefrences for each preogram im much the same way as the registry in wondows holds preferences for each program

i doubt it's as cluttered and disorganized as the registry. the registry is the biggest POS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dazzla    5
Originally posted by BroChaos

i doubt it's as cluttered and disorganized as the registry. the registry is the biggest POS.

Well, here's the nastiest it gets on OS X:

http://idisk.mac.com/dazzla2/Public/prefs.jpg

Ignore the barely started E-Platino for OS X :D

those files are roughly around 4kb each so if you don't delete them, it isn't going to make a difference on your system. If you're really fussy, just sherlock the files and drag the lot into the trash instead of the one .app :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikejd1    0
Originally posted by BroChaos

what kind of jet ski you have?

98' Seadoo SPX. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BroChaos    1

ahh, man i miss riding waverunners :ermm:

our friend used to have 2 '96 seadoo XP's (heh, nice name :p)

he let us ride em whenever we wanted. so much fun. especially in 6 foot waves ;)

so there's only one file for each app? that is unreal, and so sweet. i think at one point, my registry was approaching like 100 megs, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sailgreg    0
Originally posted by Zerosignull

macs have a "preferences folder" in the "system folder". in this folder loads of little files are stored with prefrences for each preogram im much the same way as the registry in wondows holds preferences for each program

Ok, thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikejd1    0
Originally posted by BroChaos

ahh, man i miss riding waverunners :ermm:

our friend used to have 2 '96 seadoo XP's (heh, nice name :p)

he let us ride em whenever we wanted. so much fun. especially in 6 foot waves ;)

so there's only one file for each app? that is unreal, and so sweet. i think at one point, my registry was approaching like 100 megs, lol.

hehe, so buy one! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.