"Optimal" Refresh Rate in Vista

Hi Guys. I'm a Windows Vista tester, and I'm trying to get Microsoft to add an "Optimal" refresh rate setting like Windows 98/ME has that would automatically set the monitor at the highest /best refresh rate available at every resolution in the Windows Desktop, and in DirectX and OpenGL games.

optimal.jpg

Anyway, I'm trying to gather as much support as possible for the idea, so I thought I could get some support from all you fellow Neowinians :) . Anyway, if you like the idea and you're also a Windows Vista tester, go to https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/View...FeedbackID=2484 , read the description, and if you agree, give it a positive "5" rating. Thanks guys :). Also, feel free to explain why you like the idea when you vote.

If you happen to be someone who doesn't like the idea, please don't vote, as I'm looking for as much possitive feedback as possible. Thanks.

Jason Webb (jasonw15@msn.com)

Hi Guys.  I'm a Windows Vista tester, and I'm trying to get Microsoft to add an "Optimal" refresh rate setting like Windows 98/ME has that would automatically set the monitor at the highest /best refresh rate available at every resolution in the Windows Desktop, and in DirectX and OpenGL games.

optimal.jpg

Anyway, I'm trying to gather as much support as possible for the idea, so I thought I could get some support from all you fellow Neowinians  :) .  Anyway, if you like the idea and you're also a Windows Vista tester, go to https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/View...FeedbackID=2484 , read the description, and if you agree, give it a positive "5" rating.  Thanks guys :).  Also, feel free to explain why you like the idea when you vote.

If you happen to be someone who doesn't like the idea, please don't vote, as I'm looking for as much possitive feedback as possible.  Thanks.

Jason Webb (jasonw15@msn.com)

586353157[/snapback]

Windows NT has never supported that i believe. Microsoft has reasons for that I think.

Better being able to select the optimal refresh rate than games defaulting to 60Hz (requiring config settings to be added). The 60Hz bug is so annoying considering that games didn't suffer from this in Win9x.

Isn't that what apps like RefreshForce do?

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

Multi-Res has a refresh lock feature.

ATI drivers allow you to set the max for the monitor via the Displays / Monitor Properties / Attributes section, where you can choose to do a Refresh Rate Override, I believe.

Not good enough? Perhaps I'm missing something?

Yes Bearded Kirklander, that is what Refresh Force does, and I'm trying to get Vista to do it without Refresh Force. If you'd rather not have to download a program to do what Refresh Force does and have Windows do it automatically, please vote. :)