What are you playing?

• 1 month later...

Just finished the campaign for Call of Duty Black Ops 3 last night (on Playstation 4).  One of the best CoD campaigns of the series in my opinion, but one that will leave your brain scrambled and wondering what's real and what actually happened.

Well,  my PC just burned and now im playing on a notebook a lot of indies and old ones like Skyrim and TorchLight 2 .  But currently im enjoing a lot Pillar Of Eternity.

13 hours ago, Juan4Ever said:

Well,  my PC just burned and now im playing on a notebook a lot of indies and old ones like Skyrim and TorchLight 2 .  But currently im enjoing a lot Pillar Of Eternity.

How does Pillars of Eternity compare to TL2? The latter was the first Diabo-style game I seriously got into and enjoyed it tremendously (although I haven't finished it as of yet).

2 hours ago, Sszecret said:

How does Pillars of Eternity compare to TL2? The latter was the first Diabo-style game I seriously got into and enjoyed it tremendously (although I haven't finished it as of yet).

PoE is more like Baldurs Gate without ADnD Rules. Less action, more role playing.

• 1 month later...

Just started playing Minecraft on PC.  I have never really played Minecraft.  Got it on PS4 and Wii U the other day (my wife plays on Wii U) and I wanted to play on PC so that I could take it around with me and have the "infinite" world size.  That way if I get tired of working on an area I can just pack up and move some place else.

First night and I had built myself a small shack.  When daylight came around I went ahead and started mining some stuff.  I came back to my shack to make some things in my furnace and APPARENTLY creepers can stick around during daylight because one walked into my shack behind me and blew me up and killed me.  It caused a small crater and blew the door off my shack.  I was mad for a minute because I hadn't thought to check the coordinates of my house so I had to wander around and look for it in the dark.

Here's my poor doorless shack after the onslaught of the dreaded "creeper", :p

2016-03-31_21.02.10.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just completed the free demo for "Life is Strange" on Playstation 4.  For some reason I had trouble getting into Heavy Rain, so I wasn't sure I would enjoy another interactive novel kind of game, but I actually really enjoyed the "Life is Strange" demo.  :-)

Getting ready to start my 14 day free trial of Final Fantasy 14, also on the PS4.

Edited by Gerowen

Trying to catch up on some older stuff...

DKC: Tropical Freeze
Twilight Princess HD
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Far Cry 4
Rocket League

• Like 1

Been playing the Final Fantasy 14 free trial on PS4 the past few days, and I'm really enjoying it.  It gives you the option to use a keyboard/mouse or a controller and I've been using a controller.  I've really liked the controller except for navigating the UI.  If I want to click a quest or open my map or something I have to click the touchpad left or right until the pointer is in the right area and then select the thing I want to toggle or mess with, it's really awkward.  For movement and combat though, the controller seems great, :-)

Played some Battlefield 4 earlier with a buddy.  He came over and brought his PS4 with him and we used separate TVs to play online for a while.  Captured this clip of him saving my skin.

• Like 1

Made a new Minecraft world and let it use a random seed.  It put me on an island with like 3 trees and no wildlife (or other land) for as far as I can see except for octopi/squids and blowfish that spit something at me and cause "mining fatigue" that renders me unable to dig or mine anything for like 5 minutes.  There is ONE other island that is level with the water so it just barely breaks the surface, and it's just sand with a flower or two on it about 10x10 squares.

The blowfish appear to be congregating around some sort of underground portal or dungeon or something though.

My lonely island.

2016-04-28_19.43.52.png

The dungeon I believe I've found under the ocean.

2016-04-28_19.40.38.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dragon Age: Origins on PC.  Got myself a new laptop because my old PCs couldn't even play Minecraft at more than 20 fps.  I played DA:O on XBox 360 and PS3 and loved it, but never took the time to sit down and finish it.  The PC version is SO much better in the ways you interact with it, and being able to crank everything in last gen games up as high as they'll go is just the icing on the cake.  I've always been mainly a console gamer, but this new laptop might just bring me around to the dark side, :-)

Ever since I got my XBox360, I have been furiously playing Mass Effect Trilogy.  I wanted to make sure I got the best ending possible for Mass Effect 2 so I can start 3 with a good beginning.

43 minutes ago, Lord Nite said:

Ever since I got my XBox360, I have been furiously playing Mass Effect Trilogy.  I wanted to make sure I got the best ending possible for Mass Effect 2 so I can start 3 with a good beginning.

Played through the last 2 on Playstation 3 (the first one didn't come out on PS3 until they released the trilogy box set) and absolutely loved them.  Mass Effect 2 and 3 are two of the best games I've ever played in my life.  I need to sit down and finish the original.

22 hours ago, Gerowen said:

Played through the last 2 on Playstation 3 (the first one didn't come out on PS3 until they released the trilogy box set) and absolutely loved them.  Mass Effect 2 and 3 are two of the best games I've ever played in my life.  I need to sit down and finish the original.

I totally agree.  I have never become so involved in a games story like I have with Mass Effect.  I'm planning on getting an XBox One just to get Mass Effect: Andromeda next year.

• 1 month later...

Dead Space (PC).  I played a demo for Dead Space 2 years ago on the PS3, but never sat down and finished any of them.  Was going through the list of "free" games on Origin Access and spotted Dead Space so I figured I'd give it a try.  My brother absolutely loves the first two.  Game is weird as can be so far.

Dead Space 2016-09-24 21-15-12-07.jpg

Dead Space 2016-09-24 23-31-07-37.jpg