What are you playing?

Not playing anything at the moment cuz I'm in camp, but I had been playing COD Infinite Warfare on Xbox One, which I think is absolutely awesome. So much fun. And before that I played the new Battlefield 1 for a bit, but I didn't like it much.

Downloading some mobile version Need For Speed game right now, so I got something to play in camp, lol, should have brought my Xbox.

I just got Titanfall 2 for PC for $29.99 from Walmart, but now they no longer offer it for that price! But I've been playing TF2 and it's pretty fun!

I just finished Inside (the guys that made Limbo). Gameplay was good, storytelling without uttering a single word was genius but I thought the story sucked.

Spoiler

Basically the scientist that was thrown into the hive mind (the big blob of people at the end) takes control of the boy you are playing in an attempt to make his way to the hive mind and free them from it's prison but that beam of light you see at the end is not the sun, if you notice in a previous area, you can see that same beach front with the alleged sun if your looking out a window, you can see more of that area and it's just a huge spotlight. So apparently this is a repeating procedure and the intent was to lure the Hive mind there once it does escape as they knew it would.

It's basically about the illusion of freedom. There is a secret area in the corn field, a door that leads to the alternative (real) ending. Once you know the song, you can make your way to the control room and unplug the mind control experiment. The boy will go limp showing that he was being controlled but the goal here is basically putting an end to the repetition of the whole thing...kinda like in the Matrix 2 where Neo learns he's done it all before.

I have mostly been playing Overwatch and Skyrim Special Edition. I have Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 and a plethora of other new games, but I keep going back to the ones I love the most. Tonight I installed Lakka on my Raspberry Pi 3. Using a PS4 controller over BT and playing Final Fantasy XII for nostalgia.

• 2 weeks later...

Took a ciesta from Skyrim since it essentially never ends to pickup "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance".  It was listed on one of those Neowin weekly PC game sales and I snatched it up because I'm a fan of the Metal Gear series.

It's an interesting game, much less sneaking and much more slicing and dicing.  Maybe interesting for those who found crawling around on your belly and breaking necks and dragging bodies into dark corners and such boring.  You can still sneak though.  Many areas of enemies can be cleared without alerting anybody by hiding in boxes, tossing out 3-D holograms of naked chicks, etc. and sneaking up behind them.  However, the sneaking mechanics aren't nearly as fleshed out as other MG titles, probably to place an emphasis on the swordplay.  The game is fun to play, but the swordplay can sometimes feel a little over the top, like a cross between Metal Gear Solid and Kill Bill with quick time events on some of the major boss battles.  Here's some screenshots.

20161121003854_1.jpg

20161121004037_1.jpg

20161121225341_1.jpg

20161122010814_1.jpg

20161125030948_1.jpg

20161125034438_1.jpg

20161125223545_1.jpg

For around the last year i've only really been playing Pokemon, or Trials Fusion / Mario Kart 8 if i've had some mates over for an evening.

This year I've finished Pokemon Y and Omega Ruby on the 3DS, then gone back and finished the second half of Heart Gold, White and Black 2 on the DS.

So I've now finished at least one game in every set of Pokemon games, currently i'm playing Pokemon Moon.

Prior to this year i've gamed almost exclusively on the Xbox since the 360 was released in 2005, however i've found it nice to play a game with a more long term goal, that been collecting all 802 Pokemon. At the moment i roughly have 600 of 802. Importing Pokemon from the GBA games right the way up to the 3DS is time consuming, however worthwhile been able to keep the Pokemon the younger me caught many years ago and use them in a modern game.

• Like 1

Just finished World of Final Fantasy, which is the best throwback to final fantasy games for the nostalgia itch. Short game, but really fun.

On Wednesday it will be Final Fantasy XV... finally.

I've mainly been playing The Division but I have been playing a bit of Watch_Dogs and Watch_Dogs 2, Titanfall and Doom

Just finished Tyranny.

If you like Pillars of Eternity/Divinity Original Sin you will probably like this.

Good lore, good twists, interesting spell system, some good characters.

I rarely replay a game, can see myself replaying this one.

• Like 3

Final Fantasy XIV (the MMO) finally patched so I've been playing it the past day or two during spare time; have actually spent quite a bit of time in Gold Saucer.  Started playing it on Playstation 4 several months back and then when one of the patches was released I wasn't able to download it.  Even bought the PC version when I got this laptop and still couldn't patch it.  It would get so far and give me an error.  Called Square and they said everything was fine on their end, and I got busy with the new house and never had time to chase it down.  Opened it up the other day just out of curiosity and it patched and works just fine.

Cool thing is that it's cross platform online, so you are playing online alongside people on PS4, PS3, PC, etc., all in the same world together, and so when I started playing on the PC, I had my character and stuff from where I had been playing on PS4, :-)

Here's a couple screenshots.  I've uploaded more at: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gerowen/screenshots/?appid=39210&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=grid

20161205224633_1.jpg

20161206003030_1.jpg

Finally got DOOM. First game to really make my GTX 760 feel inadequate. Glory kills is such a simple yet effective gameplay idea, makes you wonder why it has never been done before. Nothing to do with Doom 3 except that there are demons in both. A lot less atmosphere and somehow the story feels even more insignificant, but the gameplay has improved ten-fold that's for sure.

Still mainly just playing Age of Empires 2 HD. Patch 4.8 feels much more fluid than ever before.

• Like 2

I've got Titanfall 2, Dishonred 2, Battlefield 1, etc etc, but I can't seem to get into any of them. Just not in the mood. Been playing Pillars of Eternity and pissing time away on Spelunky. Guess I'm waiting for Civ6 to open up to Workshop mods.

been playing a load of ARMA3, Sniper Elite 2 & 3 and getting Sniper Elite 4 in February ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/312660/) Feb 14th 2017.. hmm Valentines day, sorry babe got a game tonight! :laugh:

finally Need for Speed undercover through Steam. I own 91 games on steam and about 20 more on Origin and Uplay combined 

On 12/5/2016 at 10:48 PM, Zagadka said:

I've got Titanfall 2, Dishonred 2, Battlefield 1, etc etc, but I can't seem to get into any of them. Just not in the mood. Been playing Pillars of Eternity and pissing time away on Spelunky. Guess I'm waiting for Civ6 to open up to Workshop mods.

how is Titanfall2? I haven't quite pulled the trigger on that one. is it a combo Call of duty ala' mechwarrior?

3 hours ago, LittleFroggy said:

how is Titanfall2? I haven't quite pulled the trigger on that one. is it a combo Call of duty ala' mechwarrior?

Not sure how that stacks up, but I found the single player campaign to be really quite great and MP solid as well.

Finally finished Metal Gear Rising.  I'm thinking about trying to buckle down and finish Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain on PC, but in MGS games I'm used to having a relatively linear story line with optional items and things with the levels as you progress through the game.  MGSV is sort of quazi-open world and has tons of side missions, soldiers to recruit and all this other stuff.  On one hand it's cool to be able to just jump in and run around capturing outposts and doing side-ops, but on the other hand I've got over 10 hours of gameplay in and the main menu says I'm at 6% completion.  The amount of content seems a little overwhelming.  I may go ahead and FINALLY finish Dragon Age: Origins.

One thing I've noticed about MGSV.  It runs at 30-40 fps on the PC I'm using right now, textures set to high, but I have to crank the resolution down to 720p.  Still looks decent enough, but when I tried running it at 1080p this machine just fell to a crawl, lol.

20161213211706_1.jpg

20161213230318_1.jpg

20161213232109_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My wife loves me, I had mentioned this game a month or so back and when it went on sale she snagged it for me.  It's an older one, but this is one of my favorite CoD games.  It has the newer, decent looking graphics of CoD 4, but it's still loosely based on the history of WW2, plus it's got Nazi Zombies!

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

I feel bad. Spoiled. I have plenty of great games, but I am supremely bored. I think something sounds fun, DL/install it, after 5 minutes get too bothered to continue. Nah to FPS, don't have the attention span for sims and strategy, RPGs seem dull, tired of side scrollers...