What are you playing?

Over the weekend I went and gave three more games a go:

• Little Big Planet 3
  • Star Trek Online
  • Resident Evil VII - Biohazard

LBP3 I got for free because of PS+, but somewhat embarrassingly I've become stuck on the very first tutorial. I think I'm supposed to be triggering something, but either I can't find it or it's a bug.

Star Trek online I got because...well, it's free and it's Star Trek. However, like most MMO's I'm finding the beginning to be very slow going. I'll probably persevere for a bit longer, but I'm hoping it picks up soon. Aside from anything else, I don't think I've come across another real player yet. But maybe it's set like that for the opening tutorial stages.

Resident Evil VII - Biohazard...jesus. I was playing with my headphones on for about 30 minutes before I had to set it down. It was getting dark outside and the game was freaking me out. The first-person view, the lack of background music, the darkness, grunge, creaking floorboards...Any time I open a door in the game I have to look a bit to the left of my TV because I'm just waiting for something to make me wet myself. :laugh: A top-notch horror game so far. 

• Like 2

On 23/02/2017 at 9:11 AM, Eric said:

Guild Wars 2 and Minecraft. Steam is deprecated to me and I have no desire to pay subscriptions for a game I already paid for.

I don't pay a sub for any games in my library.

I was playing Skyrim (again) on PS4 but this weekend I switched to Horizon Zero Dawn and am loving it (see my post in the Sony section for more info)

I've also got Torment: Tides of Numenera that I kickstarted waiting on my gaming PC if I want to retire to the office and game but I haven't really felt that pull of late and my fiance seems to enjoy watching me play Horizon (I don't get how people can enjoy watcher someone else play but I'm glad SHE can, rofl).

I've also got Ghost Recon Wildlands coming tomorrow if I get the multiplayer urge as I had been playing Division with my friends but I much prefer more open country over urban.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andrew said:

BOTW on my shiny new Switch :wub:

But you had a Wii U? :huh:

I'm so disappointed in you, son. The game even runs slightly better on the Wii U. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

But you had a Wii U? :huh:

I'm so disappointed in you, son. The game even runs slightly better on the Wii U. 

Game runs perfect for me :)

7 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

He's making you jealous. 

:p 

Oh you silly goose! The game is pretty much identical on both systems.  The frame-rate issues are present in both. He probably hasn't been to an area were it's noticeable yet.

Been playing retail of Wildlands......omg so much fun and despite playing properly with clan mates, it descended into chasing the chickens about and shooting them into plumes of feathers lol not to mention us stealing every tractor we could find:p also try shooting the cows in the field between the eyes lol the moo is spine chilling :p 

I think they may have GOTY here....no kidding, and dam so dammed pretty at 1080p at High on my 970......

On 2/22/2017 at 5:49 PM, Andrew said:

How is Miscreated? I've been tempted to pick it up previously, but I've held off on account of so many post-apoc survivors dying off or never being finished.

I picked it up for $9.99 and have about 80 hours in it now, The dev is releasing a patch once a month, it's pretty active honestly

WOT 9.17.1

2423514-2224535-bigcover.thumb.jpg.b82bef8aa3d68bbd3c07a457f43818d3.jpg

21 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

Oh you silly goose! The game is pretty much identical on both systems.  The frame-rate issues are present in both. He probably hasn't been to an area were it's noticeable yet.

Is Zelda on Switch worth the upgrade from Wii U?

UPDATED: Switch wins out in GPU-focused stress tests.

As promised, we've spent a couple more days getting to grips with the performance profile of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on both Switch and Wii U, and while it's still difficult to justify investing so much money in a new console just for one title, what's clear is that aspects of the game that truly stress the GPU can see significant performance advantages for the Switch title - whether you're docked or using the console as a portable.

We identified several points in the game where the graphics hardware is likely to be put under stress - big explosions while Link indulges in combat, along with the area of the title we had the most requests for testing: Kakariko Village. The former sees the Wii U hardware buckle considerably under the load, while the Switch only sees minor disturbances to its frame-rate - it's not really a big issue for gameplay, as the performance drop is fleeting.

I'm not very far into the game but it has been rock solid for me. Portable gaming is the deal breaker for me though, which is why I chose it over the Wii U :)

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Is Zelda on Switch worth the upgrade from Wii U?

UPDATED: Switch wins out in GPU-focused stress tests.

I'm not very far into the game but it has been rock solid for me. Portable gaming is the deal breaker for me though, which is why I chose it over the Wii U :)

The Wii U version can be portable if you don't plug in the TV. It may not be truly portable, but it can act as such depending on how you've set everything up.

Oh well, I don't suppose it matters as long as you enjoy the game.

4 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Exactly :D I'm sure the game will be patched for any bugs or performance issues on both consoles too.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:01 AM, Nick H. said:

Over the weekend I went and gave three more games a go:

• Little Big Planet 3
  • Star Trek Online
  • Resident Evil VII - Biohazard

LBP3 I got for free because of PS+, but somewhat embarrassingly I've become stuck on the very first tutorial. I think I'm supposed to be triggering something, but either I can't find it or it's a bug.

Star Trek online I got because...well, it's free and it's Star Trek. However, like most MMO's I'm finding the beginning to be very slow going. I'll probably persevere for a bit longer, but I'm hoping it picks up soon. Aside from anything else, I don't think I've come across another real player yet. But maybe it's set like that for the opening tutorial stages.

Resident Evil VII - Biohazard...jesus. I was playing with my headphones on for about 30 minutes before I had to set it down. It was getting dark outside and the game was freaking me out. The first-person view, the lack of background music, the darkness, grunge, creaking floorboards...Any time I open a door in the game I have to look a bit to the left of my TV because I'm just waiting for something to make me wet myself. :laugh: A top-notch horror game so far. 

I felt the same way about Resident Evil 7, great graphics too. If you truly want a pants wetting experience, try Brookhaven Experiment in VR. I can only handle it for a little while that's how scary it is. When you're actually IN the world and you turn around and a monster is right in your face, it'll damn near give you a heart attack.

5 hours ago, patseguin said:

I felt the same way about Resident Evil 7, great graphics too. If you truly want a pants wetting experience, try Brookhaven Experiment in VR. I can only handle it for a little while that's how scary it is. When you're actually IN the world and you turn around and a monster is right in your face, it'll damn near give you a heart attack.

I can't justify the price of VR at the moment. £350 for a headset?! No thanks, I'll stick with what I have, I could buy a console for that price!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

I can't justify the price of VR at the moment. £350 for a headset?! No thanks, I'll stick with what I have, I could buy a console for that price!

Well, in all fairness a VR headset will totally blow away any console experience.

On 08/03/2017 at 3:07 PM, LimeMaster said:

The Wii U version can be portable if you don't plug in the TV. It may not be truly portable, but it can act as such depending on how you've set everything up.

https://np.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5yhnl6/couldnt_afford_a_switch_for_my_5_and_a_half_hour/deq3vh2/