What are you playing?

6 minutes ago, quicky said:

Woah okay, where can I get the game? Is it downloadable or buyable?. Thanks :D

For the physical version, you can purchase it from any good local games or online retailer.

For the digital version, you can buy directly from EA's Origin platform or from other online websites.

7 hours ago, Gerowen said:

Just picked up "Little Nightmares" on Steam and started playing a few minutes ago, :-)

20170429220334_1.jpg

Ive been hovering over the buy button for a day or two now, you liking it?

8 hours ago, Mando said:

Ive been hovering over the buy button for a day or two now, you liking it?

Yeah I'm liking it.  It's a quazi-side-scrolling (side scroller, but with a little bit of depth where you can walk forward and back) game.  I'm not sure whether I would call it a "puzzle" game, or a horror game, or what.  There's no story line blatantly announced or told, it just sort of drops you into this world and you sort of figure it out as you go and things happen.

I'm still pretty early in the game, I just now made it to the third "level" or "zone" or whatever you wanna call it, but so far I've enjoyed it enough to make it worth the $20 USD I paid for it, :)

Edit: Also, here's a link to screenshots I've taken of the game so far: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gerowen/screenshots/?appid=424840&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

• 2 weeks later...

Quake champs (is ok IMO, nothing special tbh, Q3 with new gfx) and Player unknowns Battleground....omg so addictive , put it this way, i lost 11hours to it on Saturday with 3 mates. Only realised once my bum cheeks started to hurt and it was dark outside....oooops bang goes all of saturday then!

Also picked up Alan Wake for £2.99 with the DLC, kept meaning to play this when it came out. Ive played the first 30 mins or so, got to the cottage on the island.

I am loving the Last of Us remastered on PS4 Pro  with 4k HDR TV.    Amazing :)

I played it for couple of hours on PS3 before, did not like it much at first...   but now I am 8 hours in and I am loving every bit of it.

Also playing Ratchet and Clank and Dishonored 4.    Both only 1 hour in, but liking them so far.

Since I last posted here I finished Horizon: Zero Dawn and Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Now I'm playing The Witcher 3 on the PS4 (had it on PC before but grabbed the "complete edition" on PS4 as well when I found it on sale for $20.  I LOVE CD Projekt Red so I figured I'd put more of my money in their pocket at that price.

Also my Steam PC died (I only put Steam on my prior PC as I'm trying to break from Steam and go mostly DRM-free going forward. I still want access to games I already bought though and I often get codes from various things like Kickstarter).  So I'm down to my DRM-free primary PC and the PS4 until I build a new PC later this year (which will become my new DRM-free PC and my current one will become my Steam box).  Also my gf has taken to enjoying watching me game on the PS4 (I can't imagine watching someone else play a game for hours but I'm not going to complain if I get to the be one playing, rofl) so that's what I mostly do now.

When she's not home though and I get some PC time I'm working on Torment: Tides of Numenera but it's slow going as I get very little PC time.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually finished "Little Nightmares" a couple weeks ago, but thought I would post my verdict here for those curious about the game.

The game is actually fairly short.  I finished my first play-through in 6 hours, and I died a few times and spent some time trying to find some more collectibles on my first time through.  However, the game was only $20 at release, and it's extremely well executed, so I can forgive it for being short.  It's a platformer/puzzle adventure game where your primary goal is to navigate the world without being caught.  It sort of makes me think of something that would be inspired by "Spirited Away" and directed or drawn by Tim Burton.  The story line is never explicitly stated either.  There's no speaking, no written language of any kind, the story unfolds as you interact with the world around you and the characters in it.  It's a beautifully done game though and highly recommend it, :-)

If you would like to read it, I have a longer review written on Steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gerowen/recommended/424840

20170506003031_1.jpg

I'm pretty behind on stuff, started playing Witcher 3 GoTY, almost 30hrs in, finally hit level 11, this things going to take forever to finish at this rate. :p

• Like 3

On 2017-5-24 at 2:14 AM, George P said:

I'm pretty behind on stuff, started playing Witcher 3 GoTY, almost 30hrs in, finally hit level 11, this things going to take forever to finish at this rate. :p

For me, it was worth every hour spend. One of the best modern games I ever played. 

Currently, I'm playing Orwell, but after I finish this I'd like to go back to The Longest Journey. I started it about 3 times before and got about halfway, but I intend to finish it this time. Hopefully. :D 

Currently, I'm jumping between Alien, Isolation and Overwatch on the Xbox One.  Alien, Isolation is such a pain to play especially when the Alien can pop out of anywhere.  I've died more than I care to admit because it popped out of a vent shaft or I was too loud walking. :(

I have just finished Mass Effect: Andromeda and I have to say, I actually really enjoyed it. Once you get over the animation issues, it has a good story that I'm looking forward to see how it progresses.

I'll be playing the new Prey next.

ive started playing the latest wildlands DLC, pretty good so far, once you accept you have to now make a 3rd character....no idea why they thought this was a good idea on every DLC for it, it seems, makes all the hours you spent maxing out your perks pointless in the original game.....like duh! But what do you expect from Ubisoft :p

ARMS global testpunch - surprisingly difficult and in-depth fighter. Sadly I don't think it's possible to play without motion controls during the test, but I can see myself enjoying it more without them.

Dawn of War 3

PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds - finally a survivor / battle royale game which doesn't suck or has a dev making promises which they'll never keep or features that will never be implemented.

37 minutes ago, Andrew said:

ARMS global testpunch - surprisingly difficult and in-depth fighter. Sadly I don't think it's possible to play without motion controls during the test, but I can see myself enjoying it more without them.

Dawn of War 3

PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds - finally a survivor / battle royale game which doesn't suck or has a dev making promises which they'll never keep or features that will never be implemented.

PUBG certainly has a special something to it huh :) im loving it.

• 3 weeks later...