What are you playing?

11 hours ago, Mando said:

its prequel is also worth picking up, in the steam sale mate. the issues you are seeing are releated to AMD cards and the idtech engine im afraid mate, I have this and its prequel running at 4K no problem in excess of 120fps on my 1080ti, my 970 managed ultra at 60fps.

I picked it up because I saw the preview for the new one that's coming out, "The New Colossus" and really wanted to get some backstory before playing it, and having never played a Wolfenstein game before (including the original DOS version), I picked up the one I saw advertised on the Steam sale.

Ah, just checked, apparently "Old Blood" came out after "New Order", but it is a prequel, so I haven't inadvertently missed story elements by picking up "New Order", :-)  I'll have to check out "Old Blood" when I finish this one.

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much in way of storyline because from what I understood, Wolfenstein was sort of in the same vein as "DOOM" or "Duke Nukem"; senseless, gory violence with some corny one liners here and there, but "New Order" actually has me liking the characters, the backstory, the German variations of what in our world became groups like "The Beatles", etc.

4 minutes ago, Gerowen said:

I picked it up because I saw the preview for the new one that's coming out, "The New Colossus" and really wanted to get some backstory before playing it, and having never played a Wolfenstein game before (including the original DOS version), I picked up the one I saw advertised on the Steam sale.

Ah, just checked, apparently "Old Blood" came out after "New Order", but it is a prequel, so I haven't inadvertently missed story elements by picking up "New Order", :-)  I'll have to check out "Old Blood" when I finish this one.

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much in way of storyline because from what I understood, Wolfenstein was sort of in the same vein as "DOOM" or "Duke Nukem"; senseless, gory violence with some corny one liners here and there, but "New Order" actually has me liking the characters, the backstory, the German variations of what in our world became groups like "The Beatles", etc.

heheh yep, the story is superb. some superb twists but i dont want to give anything away.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, Mando said:

heheh yep, the story is superb. some superb twists but i dont want to give anything away.

Finished the campaign on it the other day.  Max Haas nearly had me in tears.  Great game, really looking forward to playing the others.

After finishing that one, I picked up and finished the campaign for "Halo Wars 2" because the "Ultimate Edition" which includes the game, the DLC, and the original Halo Wars game, is on sale right now for $39.99.  My brother was asking what the game looked like, so I recorded one of the campaign missions.

7 hours ago, Gerowen said:

Finished the campaign on it the other day.  Max Haas nearly had me in tears.  Great game, really looking forward to playing the others.

the ending in London was not expected for me, my jaw hit the deck!

4 hours ago, Mando said:

the ending in London was not expected for me, my jaw hit the deck!G

Good thing that we know, based on the E3 reveal for "The New Colossus", that somehow or another, he survived, :-)

Anybody played Recore?  I remember seeing an ad for it back when it launched and it seemed interesting.  I just played the free trial on PC.  It ran really well, the framerates way in excess of 60 at all times, it was pretty to look at, and the combat felt nice and interesting.

I didn't get too far into the story, and my free trial has expired so all I really got to do was kill the first big spider thing to get its core and power up my little ship/base.  It's on sale for the next 3 days for $20 USD.  Is it worth it?

ReCore 7_9_2017 1_54_40 AM.jpg

ReCore 7_9_2017 1_56_53 AM.jpg

1 hour ago, Jim K said:

Player Unknown

Yep ... it is fairly addictive.  

your a winner winner chicken dinner sire! :) good huh.

im back playing Wolfenstein the old Blood, decided time to complete it before the next one :) just the final boss left to nail.

23 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

You're 

YOU'RE!!!!

:argh:

:p

We now have learned yet another secret identity of @The Evil Overlord, he's working for (or is) the grammar police! :D

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Sniper Elite 4. I am really enjoying headshots!

just wait till you discover the testicle shots ;) youll wince 

I ended up picking up Sunless Sea, although I haven't had a chance to play it yet. With that said, I'm progressing through Fallen London on my phone still and enjoying it. It can be a bit confusing trying to follow your own story, but the general atmosphere is pretty cool.

I also picked up Metal Gear Solid 5 yesterday when I saw the definitive edition going for £10. It's good to get back to the universe, although the opening to Phantom Pain has left me very confused about what it going on. I may need to do some reading up on things to refresh my memory. :laugh:

Recently played through Firewatch, a good little game with a slightly disappointing ending. Also played through Watch Dogs, a few interesting concepts but a bit meh. Completed an initial play through of The Cave, another great little game with some fantastic one liners from the narrator/The Cave

Currently playing through Titanfall 2. Just the campaign at the moment, before I jump into the MP

12 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Currently playing through Titanfall 2. Just the campaign at the moment, before I jump into the MP

the campaign is decent, although its only really lining you up for the MP which is ok...nothing new or revolutionary imo. Very pretty though :)

Just now, Mando said:

the campaign is decent, although its only really lining you up for the MP which is ok...nothing new or revolutionary imo. Very pretty though :)

Yeah it's just getting back into the wall running/jumping. 

The Titan battery thing instead of the regenerating shield is kinda annoying but does make it more tactical. 

1 hour ago, Mando said:

just wait till you discover the testicle shots ;) youll wince 

Seen a few of those!

2 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I ended up picking up Sunless Sea, although I haven't had a chance to play it yet. With that said, I'm progressing through Fallen London on my phone still and enjoying it. It can be a bit confusing trying to follow your own story, but the general atmosphere is pretty cool.

I also picked up Metal Gear Solid 5 yesterday when I saw the definitive edition going for £10. It's good to get back to the universe, although the opening to Phantom Pain has left me very confused about what it going on. I may need to do some reading up on things to refresh my memory. :laugh:

Love me some MGSV.  I've been playing it a lot the past week.  I've got 49 hours in it so far and I still don't think I'm halfway through it.  The "open world" feel has really revolutionized the stealth aspects of the game.  Being able to approach outposts from any direction, at any time of day with whatever weapons you want to bring, etc. has really made the game "feel" more immersive.  Heck you don't even have to be stealthy if you don't want, you can run in guns blazing, call in mortar strikes and helicopter support, etc., or you can sneak around interrogating enemies and robbing the outpost blind before they even realize what's happening, :p Sometimes I'll spend hours doing the side-ops missions just so I get to roam around in the world doing stuff without necessarily advancing the story.  You eventually get to customize the paint jobs on your base, vehicles, weapons, and even research new weapons, armor, etc. for yourself, your buddies and your helicopter.  The graphics, at least on PC (I haven't really seen the console version) are damn near photo-realistic at times too.

20170420001446_1.jpg

20170714063124_1.jpg

20170714063617_1.jpg

20170717045336_1.jpg

10 minutes ago, Gerowen said:

The graphics, at least on PC (I haven't really seen the console version) are damn near photo-realistic at times too.

I got to the beginning of the open world part of the game last night, and the one thing that struck me during the opening cutscene was how realistic everything looked. Granted, that was the cutscene and not necessarily in-game graphics, but it was still quite a sight to behold!

I'm going to enjoy this game, I can tell. The one thing I need to do is spend time getting to grips with the controls though. They're not exactly intuitive on the PS4 when you've been away from the series for a while. Also, is there any kind of indicator about your level of invisibility? 3 and 4 offered some form of indicator so that I knew how well hidden I would be in tall grass and the like, and I'm just wondering if that is still there or if we've gone back to MGS and MGS 2. Although even those ones offered the soldier's line of sight.

14 hours ago, Gerowen said:

Love me some MGSV.  I've been playing it a lot the past week.  I've got 49 hours in it so far and I still don't think I'm halfway through it.  The "open world" feel has really revolutionized the stealth aspects of the game.  Being able to approach outposts from any direction, at any time of day with whatever weapons you want to bring, etc. has really made the game "feel" more immersive.  Heck you don't even have to be stealthy if you don't want, you can run in guns blazing, call in mortar strikes and helicopter support, etc., or you can sneak around interrogating enemies and robbing the outpost blind before they even realize what's happening, :p Sometimes I'll spend hours doing the side-ops missions just so I get to roam around in the world doing stuff without necessarily advancing the story.  You eventually get to customize the paint jobs on your base, vehicles, weapons, and even research new weapons, armor, etc. for yourself, your buddies and your helicopter.  The graphics, at least on PC (I haven't really seen the console version) are damn near photo-realistic at times too.

20170420001446_1.jpg

20170714063124_1.jpg

20170714063617_1.jpg

20170717045336_1.jpg

The fan service was really bad in this game. Not sure why Kojima doing it for some reasons. Sadly, the game was left incomplete where we still do not know what is happening with Quite.

17 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I got to the beginning of the open world part of the game last night, and the one thing that struck me during the opening cutscene was how realistic everything looked. Granted, that was the cutscene and not necessarily in-game graphics, but it was still quite a sight to behold!

I'm going to enjoy this game, I can tell. The one thing I need to do is spend time getting to grips with the controls though. They're not exactly intuitive on the PS4 when you've been away from the series for a while. Also, is there any kind of indicator about your level of invisibility? 3 and 4 offered some form of indicator so that I knew how well hidden I would be in tall grass and the like, and I'm just wondering if that is still there or if we've gone back to MGS and MGS 2. Although even those ones offered the soldier's line of sight.

Not that I'm aware of.  Sometimes when you're at the outer edge of a soldier's vision you'll get a white arc in the direction of the soldier.  This doesn't mean they've "confirmed" your presence (unless an alarm or something goes off, or they start shooting at you), but they may look around, shine a flashlight at you if it's dark, or even walk over and check you out.  When you see that arc, it's not too late to hit the ground and try to crawl out of their line of sight.

Edited by Gerowen

1 hour ago, Gerowen said:

Not that I'm aware of.  Sometimes when you're at the outer edge of a soldier's vision you'll get a white arc in the direction of the soldier.  This doesn't mean they've "confirmed" your presence (unless an alarm or something goes off, or they start shooting at you), but they may look around, shine a flashlight at you if it's dark, or even walk over and check you out.  When you see that arc, it's not too late to hit the ground and try to crawl out of their line of sight.

Well I guess it is set in the 80's...although then you have the iDroid, so that doesn't really explain much. Especially when you think of the codec from MGS, which looks less advanced than your PDA. :laugh: