What are you playing?

PGHammer

In my case, it's been Anno 2205 or Anno 1800 during their Free Weekends. (Anno 1800 is supported by GeForce Now; Anno 2205, unfortunately, is not - yet; I own Anno 2205, but not Anno 1800.)  My alternate is Bejeweled Blitz (Facebook) on both PC and phone.

• 4 weeks later...
techbeck

Playing Animal Crossing right now on my Switch.  Ok game I guess.  Kind of slow going though.  Things that need building, you need to wait until next day to complete the build.  Also, resources are kind of low for what you can get per day.  Maybe I am doing something wrong but I find myself playing for a little while and then doing everything I can for that day and turning off the game.

+xrobwx71

Doom Eternal, Jedi: The Fallen Order, COD:Modern Warfare/Warzone  on PC

dipsylalapo

Picked up No Man's Sky on Xbox and Factorio in PC. 

Two games that just eat up hours of time. 

SnoopZ

Trying to rush through Assassins Creed Unity on PS4 Pro.

George P

Finished Control and the first DLC for, really fun game and I've been a fan of Remedy for the longest.  Wish I had more to do in it and I'd still be playing it.  Hope the 2nd DLC doesn't take too long to come.

Zinomian

Playing the Witcher series games....on Witcher 3 now (have both DLC's addons, so...)  All on PC.

Nick H.

I think I've split my time this week between the following:

• Doom Eternal
  • Jedi Fallen Order
  • Elite Dangerous
  • The Last of Us

But at the same time I have also gone and bought these:

• Detroit: Become Human
  • Assassin's Creed Oddessy
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (just started it today which is why I didn't put it in the above list)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Tetris Effect
  • Dreams
  • The Jackbox Party Pack

In my defence, Tetris, Dreams and the Jackbox Party Pack I got hold of so that it can complement Knowledge is Power as party games for the house when we get bored. As for the rest...well, if you're not going to let me go out what do you expect me to spend my money on?! At least I've got things to keep me occupied. :laugh:

SnoopZ
10 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I think I've split my time this week between the following:

• Doom Eternal
  • Jedi Fallen Order
  • Elite Dangerous
  • The Last of Us

But at the same time I have also gone and bought these:

• Detroit: Become Human
  • Assassin's Creed Oddessy
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (just started it today which is why I didn't put it in the above list)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Tetris Effect
  • Dreams
  • The Jackbox Party Pack

In my defence, Tetris, Dreams and the Jackbox Party Pack I got hold of so that it can complement Knowledge is Power as party games for the house when we get bored. As for the rest...well, if you're not going to let me go out what do you expect me to spend my money on?! At least I've got things to keep me occupied. :laugh:

Jesus you got alot of games to play. 🙂

• Haha 1
Nick H.
48 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Jesus you got alot of games to play. 🙂

Well I've already completed The Last of Us several years ago, I just started it up again because a) I want to be reminded of everything that happened before TLoU2 comes out, and b) it's an awesome game. I'd be comfortable putting it down though and just watching a gameplay run-through on YoutTube.

Crash Bandicoot I got because it was one of the first video games I ever owned as a kid, back when it was just called a Playstation. Nostalgia is a ##### though, and the controls haven't lasted too well over the years. For a game that primarily has you jumping from one place to another it's really hit-and-miss on if I stick the landing or not.

I've played about an hour of Assassin's Creed but it hasn't grabbed me at the moment so that will take a backseat for a while.

But still, I guess even if you remove those entries as well as the party entries...yeah, I've got things to keep me entertained. :p

SnoopZ
6 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Well I've already completed The Last of Us several years ago, I just started it up again because a) I want to be reminded of everything that happened before TLoU2 comes out, and b) it's an awesome game. I'd be comfortable putting it down though and just watching a gameplay run-through on YoutTube.

Crash Bandicoot I got because it was one of the first video games I ever owned as a kid, back when it was just called a Playstation. Nostalgia is a ##### though, and the controls haven't lasted too well over the years. For a game that primarily has you jumping from one place to another it's really hit-and-miss on if I stick the landing or not.

I've played about an hour of Assassin's Creed but it hasn't grabbed me at the moment so that will take a backseat for a while.

But still, I guess even if you remove those entries as well as the party entries...yeah, I've got things to keep me entertained. :p

Stick with AC they're awesome I'm replaying Unity atm.

Can I add you to my PSN? I don't play online much but it is good to compare.

Nick H.
3 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Stick with AC they're awesome I'm replaying Unity atm.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love the series! I just wasn't grabbed by the beginning missions and the daunting size of the thing. Starting simple missions, "go here and kill him. Now go here and kill him" is a bit boring compared to what the other games are asking of me at the moment.

I'll send you a PM with my PSN. I warn you though, it might say that I'm online or currently playing a game when I'm not. For example during this isolation thing I'm working from home, so I might take five minutes to relieve some stress by taking out demons and then pause and go back to work rather than shutting the PS4 down. ;)

• Like 2
+jamwheat

Started re-reading the Hellgate: London trilogy, so put the game back on my PC.  Playing it when I have the time.

CriticMunde37

I started playing The Talos Principle last week. It's not my usual cup of tea, but I'm really enjoying it right now. It's kind of a philosophical, slow paced puzzle game. I really like the atmosphere, very chill, really gets my mind off the whole quarantine shtick. The gameplay is alright for a puzzle game, some might compare it to Portal. I guess I needed a game that wasn't very mind numbing and instead makes me feel kind of clever 😅

Peresvet

Played XCOM: Chimera Squad for a bit - didn't like it 😞

George P

Finished Just Cause 4, free from EGS, ran through Deliver Us The Moon, from Game Pass, now I'm going through Valkyria Chronicles 1 which I've had in my backlog for a very long time but never got around to till now.

McCordRm

I played XCOM: Chimera Squad. Pretty good time waster. I liked not having to deal with base-building and stuff.

Now playing Gears: Tactics. I'm freaking loving this game. Very, VERY unforgiving. lol

SnoopZ

Still playing AC Unity, was hoping to get the platinum but unfortunately there are a few trophies that require online coop play which i don't really want to do.

SnoopZ

Bloodborne on PS4 Pro, hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!

• 4 weeks later...
dipsylalapo

Completed The Witcher 2 this weekend after being distracted by No Man's Sky. Loved the game despite its flaws and cannot wait to pick the third one

Installed the Dead Space Trilogy for some mindless fun. It's a damn good looking game for its age. 

Xenon

Just finished Halo 2 for PC.

I am gonna be starting Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for the 1st time. Cant wait!

Also gonna give Minecraft Dungeons a try. 

• 1 month later...
dipsylalapo

Still playing through the first Dead Space. Also playing a lot of Warzone.

I've tried a few BRs (PUBG and Apex) and I'm really enjoying this one. 

SnoopZ

Shadow of War - PS4 Pro.

• 1 month later...
SnoopZ
On 7/9/2020 at 8:17 PM, SnoopZ said:

Shadow of War - PS4 Pro.

Just platinumed this, was such a long great game, now time to do the same for the first game Shadow of Mordor.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LoneWolfSL
      Weekend PC Game Deals: E3 specials emerge alongside another coupon
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Weekend PC Game Deals is where the hottest gaming deals from all over the internet are gathered into one place, every week, for your consumption. So kick back, relax, and hold on to your wallets.

The Humble Store's latest bundle offers a great collection of games centered around open world experiences.

Suitably named the Humble Out in the Open World Bundle, you get a copy of AER Memories of Old for putting down $1. The second tier is where you can grab Hurtworld, Yooka-Laylee, and Supraland, and this will set you back the average price of the bundle. The final tier has all four previous games, plus Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Borderlands Game of the Year Enhanced, all for $12.

The Humble promotions don't end with just that packed bundle, as the store also brought out a freebie for the weekend.

Surviving Mars Deluxe Edition is currently being given away on the store, offering a Steam key of the city-building and management title set on the Red Planet. Your drones will be making domes for your colonists to live and work, as you manage the oxygen supplies and other essentials, slowly moving towards having a sustainable colony.

The game is available to claim until June 14, but since Humble only has a limited cache of copies to giveaway, the promotion might end much earlier. Grab a key as soon as possible if you're interested.

The final mystery game giveaway from the Epic Games Store has been revealed to be Control, the Remedy Entertainment-developed supernatural action game. Hopefully, you didn't miss the Frostpunk giveaway from the previous week.

The title puts you in charge of a secret government agency, the Federal Bureau of Control, which investigates paranormal activities. The agency's mysterious headquarters is under siege by an outside threat, so as the new director, you get a bunch of superpowers and a transforming gun to take down the invaders.

While the mystery games have gone away, the regular freebies will continue. Coming as replacements for Control on Thursday, June 17, are copies of Overcooked! 2 and Hell is other demons. That is also when the Epic Mega Sale and its coupon festivities are closing out too.

Free Events

The two games having free events this weekend pull you in two vastly different directions.

If sports games get you excited, EA Sports FIFA 21 is free to try out until Monday, giving you complete access for the duration, from career to the street football mode Volta. At the other end is a free week promotion for Fallout 76, the Bethesda-developed multiplayer game that has you exploring the wasteland with your friends while questing, building, and raiding. This promotion runs till June 16.

Big Deals
      You should already know about the $10 Epic Games Store coupon by now, which is in its final week, and now, Ubisoft has joined in on the action. Celebrating E3, the publisher introduced its own unlimited-use coupon for Ubisoft Store purchases, and this one is applicable on everything priced above $15, including DLCs. To use it, enter the code FORWARD at the checkout page.

Anno 1800 – $29.99 on Ubisoft Store Forza Horizon 4 – $29.99 on Microsoft Store Immortals Fenyx Rising – $29.99 on Ubisoft Store It Takes Two – $26.39 on GreenManGaming Death Stranding – $23.99 on Epic Store STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order – $23.99 on Epic Store Death Stranding – $23.99 on Epic Store Outer Wilds – $19.99 on Epic Store Sea of Thieves – $19.99 on Microsoft Store Halo: The Master Chief Collection – $19.99 on Microsoft Store FIFA 21 – $17.99 on Fanatical Metro Exodus – $15.99 on Epic Store Gears 5 – $15.99 on Microsoft Store Ghost Recon Wildlands – $15 on Ubisoft Store Assassin's Creed Odyssey – $15 on Ubisoft Store Wreckfest – $14.99 on Steam Ori and the Will of the Wisps – $14.99 on Microsoft Store Paradise Killer – $13.99 on Steam Streets of Rogue – $11.99 on Steam Fallout 76 – $10.99 on IndieGala Beyond: Two Souls – $9.99 on Steam Graveyard Keeper – $9.99 on Steam Quantum Break – $9.99 on Microsoft Store Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – $9.99 on Origin Battlefield V Definitive Edition – $9.99 on Origin XCOM: Chimera Squad – $8.99 on Fanatical Two Point Hospital – $8.74 on Steam PC Building Simulator – $7.99 on Fanatical Singularity – $7.49 on Steam Brigador: Up-Armored Edition – $6.79 on Steam SOMA – $5.99 on Steam Call of Juarez: Gunslinger – $5.99 on Steam Slime Rancher – $5.99 on Steam Neo Cab – $5.99 on Steam Bully: Scholarship Edition – $5.24 on Humble Store Sunset Overdrive – $4.99 on Microsoft Store Battletoads – $4.99 on Microsoft Store SpeedRunners – $4.94 on Steam Phantom Doctrine – $3.99 on Steam Hacknet – $1.99 on Steam Museum of Other Realities VR – $0 on Steam Surviving Mars - Deluxe Edition – $0 on Humble Store Tell Me Why – $0 on Steam Control – $0 on Epic Store DRM-free Goodness
      Wading into summer sales already is the GOG store, pulling in discounts for thousands of its DRM-free games until June 28. Find a tiny portion of it below in our highlights:

The Medium - $37.49 on GOG Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - $25.99 on GOG Serious Sam 4 - $23.99 on GOG Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition - $17.99 on GOG GreedFall - $16.99 on GOG Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition - $13.59 on GOG The Pedestrian - $9.99 on GOG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - GOTY Edition - $9.99 on GOG Loop Hero - $9.99 on GOG Streets of Rogue - $9.79 on GOG XCOM 2 - $9.59 on GOG Diablo + Hellfire - $8.49 on GOG Silent Hill 4: The Room - $7.99 on GOG Starpoint Gemini 2 - $6.99 on GOG Graveyard Keeper - $6.59 on GOG Grim Dawn - $6.24 on GOG THIEF: Definitive Edition - $6.24 on GOG Mad Max - $4.99 on GOG Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - $4.99 on GOG Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - $2.99 on GOG Rebel Galaxy - $1.99 on GOG PixelJunk Monsters HD - $1.19 on GOG Restaurant Empire - $1.19 on GOG Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries - $1.19 on GOG PixelJunk Shooter - $0.89 on GOG Keep in mind that availability and pricing for some deals could vary depending on the region.

That's it for our pick of this weekend's PC game deals, and hopefully, some of you have enough self-restraint not to keep adding to your ever-growing backlogs. As always, there's an enormous amount of other deals ready and waiting all over the interwebs as well as in services you may already subscribe to if you comb through them, so keep your eyes open for those, and have a great weekend.

• By hellowalkman
      Nvidia GTX 600 and 700 Kepler series driver support is also ending in October
      by Sayan Sen

In another major move, soon after Nvidia announced the end of display driver support for previous Windows versions, which include Windows 7, 8, and 8.1, the company has made a follow-up announcement stating that its Kepler architecture-based GeForce GTX 600 series and the GTX 700 series graphics products will also receive the same treatment.

In essence, starting October 2021, all Kepler-based Nvidia GeForce desktop products will no longer be supported by Nvidia and they will stop receiving Game Ready drivers. The company has further detailed that the final GeForce driver to support Kepler would be released on August 31, 2021.

Nvidia thinks that Kepler is too old to support at this point as the company's newest offerings are vastly different at the hardware level. It's also known that the architecture isn't too friendly with low-level APIs like DirectX 12 and Vulkan.

Nvidia first introduced the Kepler architecture with its 600 series of GeForce products back in 2012. Later Nvidia released the 700 series, most of which was also based on a refresh of the Kepler design. The massively popular GTX 750 Ti, however, was built upon the succeeding Maxwell architecture so it will continue to receive driver updates.

Hence to get a gist of it, all GeForce 600 and 700 series desktop GPU products barring the lonely GTX 750 Ti will cease to receive Game Ready driver updates from October 2021.

You can find the full lineup of unsupported GPUs in the original announcement post here.

• By Abhay V
      Microsoft releases optional Windows 10 updates to fix game installation issues
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Microsoft is today releasing an out-of-band update (KB5004476) to the three most recent versions – which are the only supported ones for consumers – of Windows 10. These include versions 2004, 20H2, and 21H1, bumping them up to builds 19041.1055, 19042.1055, and 19043.1055, respectively. These updates – which are separate from this week’s Patch Tuesday releases, are aimed at delivering a fix for the Game Pass install issue that the firm posted a workaround for, which we covered yesterday.

As a refresher, the said bug caused some Xbox Game Pass users to be redirected to the Microsoft Store’s Gaming Services page when trying to open or install a title included in Game Pass. In other instances, users would be served with error codes 0x80073D26 and 0x8007139F, preventing them from installing games. The issues were also reported on Microsoft’s forums recently, though there are mentions of the exact error codes in the forum posts from as early as 2019.

Considering that this is an out-of-band update, the firm has made it an optional one, meaning it will explicitly show up as an optional install in Windows Update and will not be automatically downloaded. For those that installed the Patch Tuesday updates from earlier this week, the build will only apply the single fix for the Game Pass issue. However, if you choose to skip this update, the fixes will be rolled into the next month’s mandatory patches.

Here is the official changelog from the firm:

If you are facing the mentioned Game Pass issues, it is best to install this update since it automatically applies the fix without users having to tweak the registry – which can be a tricky business. You can head into Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates to pull the patch.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Surviving Mars Deluxe Edition is free to claim on the Humble Store
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

It is the Humble Store's turn to give away a game again, and this time it has brought forth a copy of Surviving Mars Deluxe Edition. The Paradox Interactive-published city-building and management title set on the Red Planet is completely free to claim over the next three days.

Originally developed by Haemimont Games, though now under Abstraction Games for future content, Surviving Mars has you building a colony on Mars. It involves utilizing drones to build habitable domes for colonists, factories, and commercial buildings while also balancing dwindling resources to ultimately become sustainable. There are also various Martian secrets to uncover during the campaign, with the title throwing things like contact with aliens, plagues, and other problems at the player to solve.

The Deluxe Edition comes with the Metropolis Building Set with chromatic skins for infrastructure, a new radio station, and three alternative housing styles. It also provides the added benefit of upgrading the base game to the Deluxe Edition if you already own a copy of Surviving Mars on Steam.

Claim the game via the Surviving Mars Deluxe Edition giveaway page on the Humble Store, where it is made available as a Steam key. Although the giveaway ends on June 14, there is a limit to the number of serial keys Humble has available for this promotion, so be sure to grab one as soon as possible. You need to subscribe to the store's newsletter to grab the freebie.

• By Abhay V
      It took hackers $10 worth of stolen cookies and some lies to breach EA's systems
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Reports broke yesterday of a massive data breach at Electronic Arts that resulted in the theft of close to 780GB worth of data containing FIFA 21 and Frostbite engine source code. While the code itself isn’t being made available on the web, hackers have reportedly posted screenshots of some of the stolen content as proof of possession. Today, a new report on Motherboard provides more information on how the hack was carried out. It cites statements made to the publication by a “representative for the hackers”.

The hackers claim that they started off by purchasing stolen cookies for $10 from the web. These cookies possibly containing Slack login details of EA employees were then used to gain access to a Slack channel, with the hackers likely masquerading as internal employees. The account was then used to reach out to IT Support to request multifactor tokens, saying that they “lost our phone at a party last night”. The tokens were then used to access EA’s corporate network using the employees' credentials.

Once inside the network, the bad actors discovered a service that was used by developers to compile games. They then created virtual machines in the server and subsequently gained access to the source code. Motherboard says that the representative has provided screenshots of the Slack chats and various steps of the process to corroborate the claims. Interestingly, the publication says that EA confirmed the “contours of the description of the breach”. However, EA has reiterated that the breach has not resulted in the compromise of any player data.

In addition to the game data, the hackers have reportedly also gained access to documentation pertaining to PlayStation VR, digital crowds in FIFA, and AI in games, among other details. The publication adds that Sony has not responded to requests for comment.