What are you playing?

PGHammer

In my case, it's been Anno 2205 or Anno 1800 during their Free Weekends. (Anno 1800 is supported by GeForce Now; Anno 2205, unfortunately, is not - yet; I own Anno 2205, but not Anno 1800.)  My alternate is Bejeweled Blitz (Facebook) on both PC and phone.

• 4 weeks later...
techbeck

Playing Animal Crossing right now on my Switch.  Ok game I guess.  Kind of slow going though.  Things that need building, you need to wait until next day to complete the build.  Also, resources are kind of low for what you can get per day.  Maybe I am doing something wrong but I find myself playing for a little while and then doing everything I can for that day and turning off the game.

+xrobwx71

Doom Eternal, Jedi: The Fallen Order, COD:Modern Warfare/Warzone  on PC

dipsylalapo

Picked up No Man's Sky on Xbox and Factorio in PC. 

Two games that just eat up hours of time. 

SnoopZ

Trying to rush through Assassins Creed Unity on PS4 Pro.

George P

Finished Control and the first DLC for, really fun game and I've been a fan of Remedy for the longest.  Wish I had more to do in it and I'd still be playing it.  Hope the 2nd DLC doesn't take too long to come.

Zinomian

Playing the Witcher series games....on Witcher 3 now (have both DLC's addons, so...)  All on PC.

Nick H.

I think I've split my time this week between the following:

• Doom Eternal
  • Jedi Fallen Order
  • Elite Dangerous
  • The Last of Us

But at the same time I have also gone and bought these:

• Detroit: Become Human
  • Assassin's Creed Oddessy
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (just started it today which is why I didn't put it in the above list)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Tetris Effect
  • Dreams
  • The Jackbox Party Pack

In my defence, Tetris, Dreams and the Jackbox Party Pack I got hold of so that it can complement Knowledge is Power as party games for the house when we get bored. As for the rest...well, if you're not going to let me go out what do you expect me to spend my money on?! At least I've got things to keep me occupied. :laugh:

SnoopZ
10 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I think I've split my time this week between the following:

• Doom Eternal
  • Jedi Fallen Order
  • Elite Dangerous
  • The Last of Us

But at the same time I have also gone and bought these:

• Detroit: Become Human
  • Assassin's Creed Oddessy
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (just started it today which is why I didn't put it in the above list)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Tetris Effect
  • Dreams
  • The Jackbox Party Pack

In my defence, Tetris, Dreams and the Jackbox Party Pack I got hold of so that it can complement Knowledge is Power as party games for the house when we get bored. As for the rest...well, if you're not going to let me go out what do you expect me to spend my money on?! At least I've got things to keep me occupied. :laugh:

Jesus you got alot of games to play. 🙂

• Haha 1
Nick H.
48 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Jesus you got alot of games to play. 🙂

Well I've already completed The Last of Us several years ago, I just started it up again because a) I want to be reminded of everything that happened before TLoU2 comes out, and b) it's an awesome game. I'd be comfortable putting it down though and just watching a gameplay run-through on YoutTube.

Crash Bandicoot I got because it was one of the first video games I ever owned as a kid, back when it was just called a Playstation. Nostalgia is a ##### though, and the controls haven't lasted too well over the years. For a game that primarily has you jumping from one place to another it's really hit-and-miss on if I stick the landing or not.

I've played about an hour of Assassin's Creed but it hasn't grabbed me at the moment so that will take a backseat for a while.

But still, I guess even if you remove those entries as well as the party entries...yeah, I've got things to keep me entertained. :p

SnoopZ
6 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Well I've already completed The Last of Us several years ago, I just started it up again because a) I want to be reminded of everything that happened before TLoU2 comes out, and b) it's an awesome game. I'd be comfortable putting it down though and just watching a gameplay run-through on YoutTube.

Crash Bandicoot I got because it was one of the first video games I ever owned as a kid, back when it was just called a Playstation. Nostalgia is a ##### though, and the controls haven't lasted too well over the years. For a game that primarily has you jumping from one place to another it's really hit-and-miss on if I stick the landing or not.

I've played about an hour of Assassin's Creed but it hasn't grabbed me at the moment so that will take a backseat for a while.

But still, I guess even if you remove those entries as well as the party entries...yeah, I've got things to keep me entertained. :p

Stick with AC they're awesome I'm replaying Unity atm.

Can I add you to my PSN? I don't play online much but it is good to compare.

Nick H.
3 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Stick with AC they're awesome I'm replaying Unity atm.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love the series! I just wasn't grabbed by the beginning missions and the daunting size of the thing. Starting simple missions, "go here and kill him. Now go here and kill him" is a bit boring compared to what the other games are asking of me at the moment.

I'll send you a PM with my PSN. I warn you though, it might say that I'm online or currently playing a game when I'm not. For example during this isolation thing I'm working from home, so I might take five minutes to relieve some stress by taking out demons and then pause and go back to work rather than shutting the PS4 down. ;)

• Like 2
+jamwheat

Started re-reading the Hellgate: London trilogy, so put the game back on my PC.  Playing it when I have the time.

CriticMunde37

I started playing The Talos Principle last week. It's not my usual cup of tea, but I'm really enjoying it right now. It's kind of a philosophical, slow paced puzzle game. I really like the atmosphere, very chill, really gets my mind off the whole quarantine shtick. The gameplay is alright for a puzzle game, some might compare it to Portal. I guess I needed a game that wasn't very mind numbing and instead makes me feel kind of clever 😅

Peresvet

Played XCOM: Chimera Squad for a bit - didn't like it 😞

George P

Finished Just Cause 4, free from EGS, ran through Deliver Us The Moon, from Game Pass, now I'm going through Valkyria Chronicles 1 which I've had in my backlog for a very long time but never got around to till now.

McCordRm

I played XCOM: Chimera Squad. Pretty good time waster. I liked not having to deal with base-building and stuff.

Now playing Gears: Tactics. I'm freaking loving this game. Very, VERY unforgiving. lol

SnoopZ

Still playing AC Unity, was hoping to get the platinum but unfortunately there are a few trophies that require online coop play which i don't really want to do.

SnoopZ

Bloodborne on PS4 Pro, hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!

• 4 weeks later...
dipsylalapo

Completed The Witcher 2 this weekend after being distracted by No Man's Sky. Loved the game despite its flaws and cannot wait to pick the third one

Installed the Dead Space Trilogy for some mindless fun. It's a damn good looking game for its age. 

Xenon

Just finished Halo 2 for PC.

I am gonna be starting Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for the 1st time. Cant wait!

Also gonna give Minecraft Dungeons a try. 

• 1 month later...
dipsylalapo

Still playing through the first Dead Space. Also playing a lot of Warzone.

I've tried a few BRs (PUBG and Apex) and I'm really enjoying this one. 

SnoopZ

Shadow of War - PS4 Pro.

• 1 month later...
SnoopZ
On 7/9/2020 at 8:17 PM, SnoopZ said:

Shadow of War - PS4 Pro.

Just platinumed this, was such a long great game, now time to do the same for the first game Shadow of Mordor.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LoneWolfSL
      Steam 2021 Summer Sale is now upon us featuring thousands of deals
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Another Steam Summer Sale has opened its doors, giving PC gamers two weeks of massive discounts to hopefully make their wishlists a little smaller. The annual sale is once again offering deals across almost the entire Steam library, though as usual, the servers are having a little trouble dealing with the initial rush of gamers trying to see the latest discounts.

The front page currently has highlights centered on Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Red Dead Redemption 2, Battlefield V, Monster Hunter World, Valheim, Crusader Kings III, and many other games. Although the discounts won't be changing as the sale goes on like in the old days, the front page's promoted titles – from indies to AAA hits – will still rotate every day to get more eyes on them.

As for the special event accompanying this sale, Valve has a "Forge Your Fate" section that gives out chat stickers for completing a choose your adventure-style storyline. Essentially, it is prompting Steam users to check out dedicated genre pages of the sale that they may not usually browse. For those looking for more profile customizations, the Steam Points Shop has been augmented with a score of novel items including profile bundles, while card collectors can grab one a day by perusing their Discovery Queue.

The Steam Summer Sale 2021 will continue from now until 10AM PT on July 8, giving everyone two whole weeks to look over the behemoth promotion's wares.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Sonic Mania and Horizon Chase Turbo are free on the Epic Games Store
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Epic Games is finishing off its packed June giveaways schedule today, and the store has now brought in copies of Sonic Mania and Horizon Chase Turbo to claim for free. With this, the freebie duo from last week, Overcooked 2 and Hell is Other Demons, have now gone back to their original prices.

The Sonic Mania giveaway lands just as everyone's favorite blue hedgehog celebrates his 30th anniversary. Released in 2017, the side-scrolling platformer has Sonic, Tails and Knuckles speeding through fresh landscapes and remade zones from classic titles in a mission to take down Dr. Robotnik and his henchmen.

Meanwhile, Horizon Chase Turbo comes in as an arcade racing game inspired by classic racers from the 80s and 90s. Other than a competitive ghost mode and leaderboards, any other online multiplayer functionality is not featured here, though there is local four-player split-screen multiplayer support just like in the retro ventures.

Epic Games is offering the Windows versions of both titles. Here are the minimum requirements:

Sonic Mania Horizon Chase Turbo OS: Windows 8/10 CPU: Core 2 Duo GPU: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card 256MB Memory: 2 GB RAM Storage: 400 MB available space DirectX: 9.0c OS: Windows 7 or newer CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or better GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better Memory: 2 GB RAM Storage: 500 MB available space DirectX: 9.0c The Sonic Mania and Horizon Chase Turbo giveaways will be available through next Thursday, July 1, and claiming a copy means owning it forever via the Epic Games Store. The Spectrum Retreat will be the next giveaway.

• By hellowalkman
      AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution is now available in Dota 2
      by Sayan Sen

With its display driver version 21.6.1, AMD introduced support for its long-awaited image upscaler dubbed FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR). At its launch, FSR was already present in a few titles like Anno 1800, Godfall, The Riftbreaker, Terminator: Resistance, among others, and AMD also promised that more games (image below) with the technology baked-in will follow soon. This announcement also confirmed the previously rumored game support list.

In its latest update, Valve has announced that its massively-popular online battle arena multiplayer Dota 2 is incorporating AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution. This is good news for AMD and its fans as the game becomes the most popular title to receive support for the tech and it has happened within just days of the initial announcement. Close to half a million gamers have played the game in the last 30 days according to Steam. And FSR will also help those Dota players get some extra frames without losing too much in the way of image crispness.

You can run Dota 2 using either DirectX 11 or the Vulkan API and AMD FSR will work with both. In order to enable the setting, head over to the Video options and turn the "Game Screen Render Quality" to less than 100%, and then toggle the "FidelityFX Super Resolution" checkbox on.

The update also brings the new Nemestice Storm event mode and the Nemestice Battle Pass. You can find more details about the new additions here.

• By Chandrakant
      Aliens: Fireteam Elite release date and price revealed in latest trailer
      by Chandrakant Isi

Aliens: Fireteam Elite is finally set for release, as developer Cold Iron Studios and 20th Century Games have revealed the game's price and pre-order details. The information comes from the latest trailer that also showcases gameplay mechanics, eery environment, and several types of Xenomorphs.

The co-operative shooter, which plays like Left 4 Dead, has been under development for around six years. While the critically acclaimed game Alien Isolation embraced the survival horror elements from Ridley Scott's Alien (1979), the Aliens: Fireteam Elite takes inspiration from James Cameron's action-packed sequel Aliens (1986).

The game will put you in the shoes of a Colonial Marine. Players will get to choose from multiple soldier classes with different skills and load-outs. For instance, you can choose to be a heavy gunner, demolisher, or technician. The loadout selection includes over 30 weapons. On each mission, you will be accompanied by two other soldiers, these can be your online friends or bots. As you can guess, a balanced squad and some serious teamwork will be essential to beat this game.

As per the developer, the game is set 23 years after the original Alien trilogy. Players will face a variety of enemies including Facehuggers, Praetorians, and 11 different Xenomorphs. It will be interesting to see if these new ones manage to hold a candle to Swiss artist H.R. Giger's original creature design.

The Aliens: Fireteam Elite is up for pre-orders On Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and Steam. Priced at $39.99, the game will release on August 24. Pre-orders will provide you access to Hardened Marine Pack that includes red camo, decals, and a bandana accessory. Cold Iron Studios has also announced a $69.99 Deluxe Edition of the game that comes with Endeavor Veteran Pack and Endeavor Pass.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Halo: MCC Season 7 brings Combat Evolved modding tools, a server browser, and more
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Today, 343 Industries launched the seventh season of content for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Dubbed Elite, Season 7 has visual improvements and modding tools for Halo: Combat Evolved, the long-awaited custom game browser, another Halo Online map, and new customization content as its highlights.

Starting with the big items, the classic graphics of Halo: Combat Evolved should now be much improved and authentic to the original Xbox release, with 343 tweaking fog and shader effects, original character models, active camo quality, and many other visual aspects.

Meanwhile, the improved modding support for the game arrives in the form of four programs containing powerful tools, as well as zip files containing level scripts and tag files that built the campaign and multiplayer levels. More information on these tools and how to download them via Steam can be found on a separate blog post here.

The new custom game browser is available for Halo: Reach, and 343 has made quite a few improvements to the experience since its original testing sessions. These include a higher character limit for session names, full sessions being moved to the bottom of the list, notifications for missing content, and voice and text chat improvements, among others.

Aside from the Season 7 cosmetic content such as Combat Evolved vehicle skins, Halo 3 Elite armors, energy sword colors, and more, the update also carries the Halo Online map Edge for matchmaking, a move to the Firefight modes that now appear in the Social Matchmaking section for better visibility, and a whole load of bug fixes.

The update weighs the smallest on Steam, coming in at around 13GB, while Xbox console and Microsoft Store users will find themselves downloading over 30GB. The complete patch notes can be read by heading here.

It has been quite a month for the next entry in the saga Halo Infinite as well. During E3, 343 Industries detailed a lot of information regarding the free-to-play multiplayer portion that will launch alongside the campaign, including the new personal AIs, Academy training system, customization, and more.