What are you playing?

SnoopZ
20 minutes ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Got both Valhalla and Immortals:Fenix Rising and I had a lot of fun in Fenix over the weekend. 

I have read all reviews and thought that I would like Valhalla better at it is less childish  - but no - apparently I like Zelda / I meant Fenix more. I only played Valhalla for 2 hours.

Some of the vaults are annoying but combat is pretty fun. I think I am about 10 hours in and plenty to do. And juvenile narration is kind of fun sometimes ;)

Was it worth buying both games at full price - not sure -  maybe not - but it is a decent Zelda replacement for the PC - and judging by previous Creeds - both games willl keep the price for a while.

Only regret - not buying for PS4 because I wanted better graphics and keyboard and mouse.  - however for PS4 I could have sold both games after I was done and while they still cost a lot.

I played Valhalla for 260hrs on PS5 and loved it, I also have Fenix and will try that after I've completed Control.

techbeck
11 hours ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Was it worth buying both games at full price - not sure -  maybe not - but it is a decent Zelda replacement for the PC - and judging by previous Creeds - both games willl keep the price for a while.

I got AC:V full price.  Was a fun game and still play a little now and then.  New DLC coming this month so looking forward to that.

Immortals:Fenix Rising is %50 off on XBOX now.  May grab that in a few.   Something to play in between DLCs for other games I am waiting for.

11 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

I played Valhalla for 260hrs on PS5 and loved it, I also have Fenix and will try that after I've completed Control.

AC:V was/is fun.  I put about just as many hours into it. Maybe a little more.  Looking  forward to AC Japan.  I just enjoy the series.

• Like 1
George P

I tried to play NBA 2k21 but I just couldn't, they've made these too much of a sim than what I grew up with.  I ditched it and started yakouza 3.

techbeck

Started playing Immortals:Fenix Risin.  Fun game so far.  And like everything I read, feels like a combo of AC and BOTW.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
techbeck

Immortals:Fenix Rising was fun.  Got the available DLC and playing that now.  But the main game was fun, the commentary kinda funny, but some of the vaults were a PITA so I skipped over them.

dipsylalapo

Completed Arkham City over the weekend and picked up another game that I was part way through, Ace Combat 7.

It's amazing how much variety they can create for a fairly simple concept. Really enjoying the game so far.

• Like 1
George P

I think I'm around 75% done with Yakuza 3, going to play the Evil Within after this before I swing back to Yakuza 4.  I think it's best to split it up and play something else and not do the whole series back to back.

Steven P.

I still play Quake Champions (almost) every day to blow off steam but I am sick and tired of all the cheating and Bethesda's refusal to deal with it.

daniel_rh

PC:

Prison Architect

Two Point Hospital

The Witcher 3

Android:

Tintin Match

Family Guy

nhjay
On 05/10/2015 at 13:38, DConnell said:

Oh yeah, and Berzerk!

berzerk.thumb.png.5c4217be770d726f40acad

So many hours of my childhood spent on Berzerk! Thanks for the good memories.

Steven P.
44 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I still play Quake Champions (almost) every day to blow off steam but I am sick and tired of all the cheating and Bethesda's refusal to deal with it.

Saw this pic in another thread

byemIT7.png

relevant!

Quake Champions, in early access since 2017.

• Haha 1
+E.Worm Jimmy
1 minute ago, Steven P. said:

Saw this pic in another thread

byemIT7.png

relevant!

Quake Champions, in early access since 2017.

hahaha - so true,   i cannot believe so many people buy early access - i tried it, and it is just not worth it, i would rather wait and see the final reviews, and then pay more.

same reason i stopped using Kickstarter, as originally it was 75% success, but now it is a freaking gamble. they final product is either delayed for years and by that time someone in china makes a similar version for much cheaper. or it is just not the product they originally described at all.

no more falling for this crap.

image.png.8cf3415ac28def5f98f690e7dd591a2e.png

• Like 1
nhjay

I've been replaying Civilization II, yes Civ II, lately. What better use for my Ryzen 5 3600, and GTX 1660?

• Haha 3
SnoopZ

Just platinumed Control Ultimate on PS5, what a great game.

No idea what I will play next.

George P

Started playing the evil within, finished the first 2 chapters before I took a break.   Gonna dive back in later tonight.

techbeck

Replaying Witcher 3. Been a while and never play the expansions

KiHu

Finished Horizon: Zero Dawn yesterday.

I think now I have to pick upp Immortals: Fenyx Rising again to finish the DLCs.

• Like 1
+E.Worm Jimmy
6 hours ago, techbeck said:

Replaying Witcher 3. Been a while and never play the expansions

Expansions stories are fantastic

George P

Finished the evil within, waiting for MS to put the sequel up on game pass at some point.  I was planning to play Yakuza 4 next but I kind of feel like something else, don't know yet.

+Starry
1 hour ago, George P said:

Finished the evil within, waiting for MS to put the sequel up on game pass at some point.  I was planning to play Yakuza 4 next but I kind of feel like something else, don't know yet.

I've tried this and that in that series but finally decided since I probably wasn't going to finish any of them anyway I'd just work on Kiwami 2 and go from there.

Outriders is pretty much excellent.  I wasn't really expecting a unique and polished property that feels influenced by so many things without being a copy of any of it.

After that...?  I have no idea, hoping XSX shipments start showing up in the US again sometime before 2025.  ;)

SnoopZ

Gone back to God of War 2018 and trying to get platinum now it's 4K60 on PS5.

+E.Worm Jimmy
14 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Gone back to God of War 2018 and trying to get platinum now it's 4K60 on PS5.

i still have ps4pro collecting dusk and i only did like 20% of that game before i stopped playing.  i stopped and could not get back to it after a few month break, so if i play again, i would have to start from scratch, because even after 4 months i forgot all controls and how to play - open world is very different from previous GOWs where i can start from any place at any time, and it just seemed to work.  gameplay is very different.

+jnelsoninjax
On 08/04/2021 at 05:24, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Expansions stories are fantastic

As are the mods, you can completely change the gameplay with mods!

+E.Worm Jimmy
14 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

As are the mods, you can completely change the gameplay with mods!

I never tried mods at all - did not even think about it.  and i did the full game with both expansions twice - most time i EVER spent in the game since i was a teenager with patience and sega genesis - i think i spent 100s of hours on Sonic games - which i later beat in under 10 hours in my 30s LOL  - but as a kid i just could not beat the later levels.

anyways - what exactly do mods do?

SnoopZ
37 minutes ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

i still have ps4pro collecting dusk and i only did like 20% of that game before i stopped playing.  i stopped and could not get back to it after a few month break, so if i play again, i would have to start from scratch, because even after 4 months i forgot all controls and how to play - open world is very different from previous GOWs where i can start from any place at any time, and it just seemed to work.  gameplay is very different.

I last played and completed the story in 2019 and I thought I would struggle with the controls but after 30mins or so it all fell into place and this morning I have managed to kill 5 of the 8 Valkyries which I found too hard before, maybe 60fps makes all the difference.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LoneWolfSL
      Weekend PC Game Deals: Another Choice to make and Devolver hits to grab
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Weekend PC Game Deals is where the hottest gaming deals from all over the internet are gathered into one place, every week, for your consumption. So kick back, relax, and hold on to your wallets.

This week, the May Humble Choice games rolled in offering you a new batch of games to select from. The 12 games up for grabs this month can be seen below, along with links to their Steam store pages for more information:

Metro Exodus Darksiders Genesis Hellpoint Cook, Serve, Delicious 3 Levelhead Fury Unleashed Size Matters Morkredd Relicta Family Man Retimed Vane If you have a ray-tracing capable GPU, keep in mind that Metro Exodus now has an enhanced edition with overhauled visuals. Since this is a free update, you will also gain access to it along with the base game that's available in this bundle.

Opting to pick up three of the aforementioned titles will set you back $14.99 as part of the Humble Choice Basic tier while picking nine games will cost $19.99. Adding to that, those still with active legacy Humble Monthly subscriptions can grab 10 games for $12.99 instead.

This specific selection of games will be available on the Choice subscription until June 1. It also offers members access to the Humble Trove of DRM-free games as well as a bonus 20% discount on items sold on the Humble Store.

Epic is back to dealing out free games this week. Coming in this time is a copy of Pine, which is replacing the premium content pack for the free-to-play title Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms from the previous promotion.

Pine is an indie adventure game set in a simulated world where its various tribes and NPCs carry on with their duties even without the player's intervention. The objective is to eventually find a suitable location for a human settlement in this world where humans aren't at the top of the food chain.

Following Pine's stay on the freebie slot, Epic is preparing to put up a copy of The Lion's Song complete edition to claim for free starting on May 13.

Free Events

A couple of veteran indie games populate the free events space this weekend. Both are free-to-play via Steam through May 10.

Up first is Primal Carnage: Extinction, a 2015-released head-to-head multiplayer game that has dinosaurs going up against a human mercenary team. And next up, you can go out ice fishing in this 2016-launched title Ice Lakes. It offers both single-player sandbox and multiplayer modes, with customizable fishing gear, seasons, VR support, and more available for increased immersion.

Big Deals
      Moving on to the Big Deals pile of this weekend, you'll find that quite a few Devolver Digital-published hits, Command & Conquer sales, and several anime game discounts remaining from last week's Golden Week specials are populating it this time. Here are the highlights:

HITMAN 3 – $44.99 on Humble Store X4: Foundations – $29.99 on Steam Mafia: Definitive Edition – $25.49 on GreenManGaming DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT – $23.99 on Steam Partisans 1941 – $19.79 on Steam Hardspace: Shipbreaker - Early Access – $17.49 on Steam CODE VEIN – $16.49 on IndieGala Call of Duty: World at War – $14.99 on Steam Enter x Exit the Gungeon – $13.03 on Steam Carrion – $12.99 on Steam Loop Hero – $11.99 on Steam JUMP FORCE – $11.99 on Steam GOD EATER 3 – $11.99 on Steam BioShock: The Collection – $10.20 on GreenManGaming Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – $9.99 on Steam Endless Space 2 – $9.99 on Steam Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – $9.99 on Steam Observation – $9.99 on Steam My Friend Pedro – $9.99 on Steam Quantum Break – $9.99 on Humble Store The Long Dark – $9.89 on Steam Olija – $9.89 on Steam DRAGONBALL Xenoverse Bundle Edition – $9.74 on Steam Hotline Miami Collection – $9.15 on Steam NBA 2K21 – $8.99 on Fanatical Katana ZERO – $8.99 on Steam DRAGON BALL FighterZ – $8.99 on Steam Neighbours Back From Hell – $8.99 on Steam Tom Clancy's The Division 2 – $8.99 on Humble Store Battle Chasers: Nightwar – $7.49 on Steam Tales of Berseria – $7.49 on Steam Arma 3 – $7.49 on Steam Endless Legend – $7.49 on Steam Exit the Gungeon – $6.99 on Steam GRIS – $6.79 on Steam Serious Sam 4 – $6 on Steam Don't Starve Together – $5.09 on Steam Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 – $4.99 on Steam Heave Ho – $4.99 on Steam APE OUT – $4.94 on Steam RUINER – $3.99 on Steam Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead – $3.99 on Steam Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars – $3.74 on Steam Dungeon of the Endless – $2.99 on Steam Genital Jousting – $2.16 on Steam One Finger Death Punch 2 – $1.99 on Steam Left 4 Dead 2 – $1.99 on Steam Bridge Constructor Portal – $1.99 on Steam Nubarron – $0 on Steam Pine – $0 on Epic Store DRM-free Goodness
      The deals coming from the GOG store this weekend are filled with action experiences, retro shooters, and Polish studio-made games, and all of them are DRM-free. See our highlights below:

The Falconeer - $20.99 on GOG Dying Light: The Following – Enhanced Edition - $17.99 on GOG Ghostrunner - $14.99 on GOG CARRION - $13.39 on GOG DUSK - $11.99 on GOG Genesis Noir - $11.99 on GOG Children of Morta - $10.99 on GOG Frostpunk - $10.19 on GOG SUPERHOT - $9.99 on GOG Phantom Doctrine - $7.99 on GOG Shadow Warrior 2 - $7.99 on GOG Iconoclasts - $7.99 on GOG Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - $7.49 on GOG Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - $5.99 on GOG Darkwood - $5.09 on GOG The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - $4.99 on GOG DOOM II + Final DOOM - $4.99 on GOG Descent - $4.99 on GOG Redneck Rampage Collection - $4.99 on GOG Blood: Fresh Supply - $4.99 on GOG SWAT 4: Gold Edition - $4.99 on GOG The Cat Lady - $4.49 on GOG Quake: The Offering - $3.99 on GOG System Shock 2 - $3.99 on GOG Rise of the Triad: Dark War - $3.89 on GOG Trine Enchanted Edition - $3.74 on GOG Shogo: Mobile Armor Division - $2.99 on GOG Return to Castle Wolfenstein - $2.39 on GOG Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos - $2.03 on GOG Unreal Tournament 2004 Editor's Choice Edition - $1.99 on GOG Serious Sam: The Second Encounter - $1.19 on GOG Deus Ex GOTY Edition - $0.97 on GOG Keep in mind that availability and pricing for some deals could vary depending on the region.

That's it for our pick of this weekend's PC game deals, and hopefully, some of you have enough self-restraint not to keep adding to your ever-growing backlogs. As always, there's an enormous amount of other deals ready and waiting all over the interwebs as well as in services you may already subscribe to if you comb through them, so keep your eyes open for those, and have a great weekend.

• By LoneWolfSL
      AMD Radeon 21.5.1 driver has Resident Evil Village and Metro Exodus Enhanced support
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

AMD today brought forth another driver update for its Radeon graphics cards lineup, and this is the first release to arrive after the much-delayed feature overhaul that landed last month. The new Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 driver is what graphics card owners on the red team will want to install if they are keen on playing Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition or Resident Evil Village.

The PC exclusive enhanced edition of Metro Exodus is aimed solely at ray-tracing capable graphics cards, and it is now available as a free update to all owners of the post-apocalyptic title. However, while AMD is working on a DLSS competitor, FidelityFX Super Resolution, Metro developer 4A Games has confirmed that the FidelityFX technology will not be utilized in its game.

As for Capcom's Resident Evil Village - the survival horror title releasing on May 7 - AMD promises up to 13% better performance with the latest 21.5.1 driver compared to the 21.4.1 release. The tests were performed on an RX 6800XT graphics card while the game was running at 4K resolution on maximum settings.

Here are the resolved problems of this release, which include a fix for a Disco Elysium issue, game detection support for some Xbox Game Pass titles, and more:

The larger than usual known issue list follows:

The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.5.1 driver is now available for download via the optional section in the Radeon Software app on Windows. Standalone download links can be found on AMD's official release notes portal here.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Ubisoft's The Division is getting a free-to-play spin-off and a mobile game
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Out of the blue, Ubisoft today announced Tom Clancy’s The Division Heartland, a brand new game coming from its Red Storm Entertainment studio. Moreover, the mobile space is being invaded by The Division franchise for the first time.

Heartland will be a free-to-play experience, unlike the mainline games. Ubisoft did not give out any more details on what sort of a game will this project turn out to be, only adding that it is a "standalone game that doesn’t require previous experience with the series but will provide an all new perspective on the universe in a new setting."

Red Storm has previously worked on a number of Tom Clancy games since 1997, and most recently, provided support for The Division 2's development. The studio plans to launch the mysterious title sometime in 2021 or 2022 across PC, consoles, and cloud platforms. Interested players can also attempt to enter an early playtest for the game by heading here.

Meanwhile, there is even less information available regarding the mobile game. Ubisoft says it is planning to bring The Division universe "to an even wider audience" with this move, with more details coming later. Ubisoft will be hosting another Forward event to showcase its upcoming games at E3 this year. That's probably where we will get to see more information about these latest projects.

As for The Division 2's future, Ubisoft Massive is continuing to lead its development while Ubisoft Bucharest is now providing support. The plan is to drop a brand new game mode for the largely cooperative title and a new method for leveling agents. This content is coming in late 2021. Keep in mind that Massive is also developing an open-world Star Wars game at the same time.

Ubisoft added that The Division franchise is now 40 million players strong. Going beyond just games, the company is collaborating with Netflix to develop a movie set in this universe, while a brand new novel is incoming from the publisher Aconyte Books that explores the aftermath of The Division 2's storyline.

• By vishal1082
      Pine is free to claim on the Epic Games Store this week
      by Vishal Laul

Epic Games Store has put on offer Pine for this week’s giveaway, taking the place of a premium pack for Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms.

Pine is an indie action-adventure title originally released in October of 2019 following a successful Kickstarter campaign. It features a simulated open-world with NPCs following a set of rules rather than a pre-defined path or logic. Here’s how the Epic Games Store describes it:

Epic Games Store is offering Pine for Windows but it’s also available for macOS and Linux via Steam where it is priced $24.99 at the time of writing. Here are the minimum requirements:

If you wish to claim Pine, you can find it here. It will be free to claim until May 13, which is when Epic will put on offer The Lion's Song for its next giveaway.

• By indospot
      Nintendo's Switch has sold more units than the Game Boy Advance, on track to beat the Wii
      by João Carrasqueira

Today, Nintendo released its earnings report for the final quarter of fiscal year 2021, which ended on March 31, though the report focuses on results for the entire year. As usual over the past couple of years, the company posted strong results, with net sales amounting to roughly ¥1.759 trillion ($16.1 billion) and operating profit of ¥640.534 billion ($5.86 billion). These numbers represent an increase of 34.4% and 81.8%, respectively, over fiscal year 2020.

As you might have expected, those numbers were mostly driven by its dedicated gaming hardware, the Nintendo Switch, which sold over 4.7 million units in the fourth quarter of the fiscal year - 3.55 million of the regular model and 1.17 Switch Lite sales - for a total of 28.83 million units sold within the year, the highest number yet for the system. With these sales, the Nintendo Switch has sold 84.59 million units in total, outselling the Game Boy Advance, whose official numbers put it at 81.51 million units sold. In fact, the Switch has now passed the official sales numbers of the Xbox 360, which sat at 84 million before Microsoft stopped reporting sales numbers.

The Switch has consistently broken Nintendo's forecast throughout the year. It initially forecast 19 million unit sales, but the boost from COVID-19-related lockdowns caused the company to revise that number to 24 million in its half-year report in November 2020. That number was revised once again to 26.50 million in February, but it ended up smashing past that target as well.

Software sales were also very strong for Nintendo, with over 230 million units sold, during the fiscal year. The biggest contributor to those numbers was Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which sold 20.85 million units, followed by Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - a game released in 2017 - with 10.62 million units sold, Super Mario 3D All-Stars with just over 9 million units, and Ring Fit Adventure with 7.38 million units. In fact, the Switch had 36 titles that sold over one million units within the year, 22 of which were published by Nintendo, and 14 from third-parties. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe remains the best-selling title on the hybrid with 35.39 million lifetime sales, inching closer to the best-selling Mario Kart title ever, Mario Kart Wii, which sold 37.38 million units in its lifetime. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is in a close second place with 32.63 million units sold since its launch on March 20, 2020.

Looking ahead to fiscal year 2022, which has already begun, Nintendo is forecasting a slight decline in its sales figures, projecting 25.5 million Switch units sold within the year. Considering the major boost it got from COVID-19 in the past year, the decline isn't all too surprising, but these figures are likely conservative, a tradition for Nintendo. A Nikkei report from the past weekend claimed Nintendo plans to manufacture 30 million Switch units this fiscal year, and according to Bloomberg, actual targets within the company are between 28 and 29 million.

Even then, based on the official projection, the Switch will have outsold the Wii, PlayStation 3, the original PlayStation, and be very close to the sales of the Game Boy and PlayStation 4. It's worth noting that a lot of those consoles also had significant hardware revisions to help boost sales, while the Nintendo Switch has only received a watered-down variant with the Switch Lite, and a very minor refresh with better battery life.

Reports have pointed to a hardware revision of the Nintendo Switch coming this calendar year, which would likely help maintaining that sales momentum. It's also been said that a strong lineup of games will be coming to help boost those sales, though not much is known right now. Titles planned for the rest of the year include Mario Golf: Speed Rush, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, and Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, but those titles are either based on existing games or lack the impact of titles like Animal Crossing: New Horizons. We may hear more about how Nintendo plans to hit those numbers at this year's E3, which is just over one month away.