[NFL] T.O. Leaves Camp!

Just seeing it on ESPN right now that after/during a team meeting TO has packed up his stuff and left camp. The rumors may be that since he skipped an autograph session this week amny other players were being critical of him. I suppose he's such a prima donna that he wouldn't hear it.

I love it.

ESPN Article

he thinks he is the best thing ever? Rice, Larget and Moss used to be better in his worst moments than him in his average moments.

586357741[/snapback]

Maybe Rice in his hayday, nowadays I'd take T.O. Its unfortunate because Owens is one of my more favorable players in the NFL...I don't want to see such great talent like this not play this season.

I think he's a great player, but this whining garbage is getting very old. I don't know why the Eagles just don't trade him away. The Raiders are always willing to take "troubled" players.

he thinks he is the best thing ever? Rice, Larget and Moss used to be better in his worst moments than him in his average moments.

Maybe Rice in his hayday, nowadays I'd take T.O.  Its unfortunate because he's one of my more favorable players in the NFL...I don't want to see such great talent like this not play this season.

586357753[/snapback]

Did you see Largent back on his days? Talent, speed, class, awesome receiver skills and all that in a WHITE guy! :happy:

I think he's a great player, but this whining garbage is getting very old.  I don't know why the Eagles just don't trade him away.  The Raiders are always willing to take "troubled" players.

586357757[/snapback]

Imagine a Raiders team with Moss and Owens :| One of two: The best receiver team in action ever or the biggest ego clash in an nfl team ever.

Imagine a Raiders team with Moss and Owens :| One of two: The best receiver team in action ever or the biggest ego clash in an nfl team ever.

586357766[/snapback]

I was just going to say that. Just think of they all got along on that team, how awesome that offense would be, at least through the air.

I was just going to say that.  Just think of they all got along on that team, how awesome that offense would be, at least through the air.

586357779[/snapback]

The best receiving dynamo I have seen was Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey and Shanon Sharpe in his days.

The best one in paper at least (It was a dream when announced) was Raiders' Rice and Brown... too bad that it was the dawn for their career.

It's amazing how he could turn so much good will into such a horrible mess. When dude came back for that SuperBowl so fast and was really effective, he had it nailed. He was Teh HeRoEs!

Now, he looks like a greedy scumbag.

You tryin' to tell me that 7 years 49 million is not enough to feed your family?

OH MAN!!!

Nobody forced dude to sign for 7 years. He could have signed a 1 or 2 year deal and then played the free agent market after that. It's his own agents fault for not filing the paperwork when he was with the 49'rs.

And what is the deal with his new agent? What a trouble maker!

I hope Philly holds its ground firm. I'd rather see him benched like Keyshawn.

GREEDY SCUMBAG!

Oh the drama!  :no:

Between Randy Moss, Keyshawn and this guy, there is a lot to laugh about when it comes to receivers/ends.

I still don't know the diff between a Wide Receiver and a Tight End. I'm such a dweeb! :o

I dont care how good he is. He is still a smug, arrogant ass*ole. Its better for the team to just get rid of him than to have all the drama and give the whole team a bad rep.

Between Randy Moss, Keyshawn and this guy, there is a lot to laugh about when it comes to receivers/ends.

I still don't know the diff between a Wide Receiver and a Tight End.? I'm such a dweeb!?&nbsp:o:o

586358012[/snapback]

Nowadays the line is blurred more but TEs used to be used more primarily as extra blockers who would occassionally have a big recieving game. Nowadays these guys are so fast and athletic that they have become serious receiving threats. TEs used to be bigger than WRs because they weren't supposed to be speedy downfiled threats.

O and T.O. what the hell are you doing. He had been quiet not stirring any trouble since he arrived and now he does something this asinine. Everytime it looks like he might take the high road he decides to do a 180. Idiot.

I think they updated the story on ESPN. According to the article now, he was told to leave by Reid and suspended for a week for cursing at Reid.

And there's an interesting article by Andrew Perloff at SI.com. He talks about how in the current NFL teams base success more on systems than superstars anyway (see the Patriots) and how a franchise WR isn't a necessity for winning.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ....wrs/index.html

Based on recent NFL history, Reid is probably right. The three-time champion Patriots have been noticeably devoid of big-time receivers. In fact, only one of the last six Super Bowl winners has had a player in the top 10 in receiving yards (New England's Brown ranked 10th in '01).

If something happens to Owens and he doesn't play a full schedule, the Eagles will be an interesting experiment. Is a franchise receiver integral to winning in today's NFL and are they worth the investment?

In most cases, spending money on WRs has not been a good idea, and outstanding individual talent at the position does not translate into wins. Because the NFL is a league of trends, let's examine the recent history of franchise wide receivers.

. . .

A wide receiver may generate the best highlights and end-zone dances, but in Moneyball terms he's similar to a power hitter who strikes out a lot -- lots of flash, not a ton of value. Of course, that analogy isn't perfect, because while power hitters are the highest-paid players, wide receivers are still earn considerably less than quarterbacks. But a team can still hurt itself by tying up too many resources in a non-critical position.

. . .

At the end of the day, no matter what his agent says, T.O. is just a receiver. The Eagles would be better with him playing, but they're not going to be significantly worse without him.

Edited by bigbluepride35

I still don't know the diff between a Wide Receiver and a Tight End.  I'm such a dweeb!  :o

586358012[/snapback]

the difference used to be about 50lbs...but it's shrinking, like BBP said.

TO is starting to get on my nerves.

So a TE blocks and catches, both long and short, sidelines and in the middle and a WR is pretty much the same, only doesn't block?

Or does the Tight End usually stay towards the middle area of the field while Wide Receivers are nearer the sidelines?

Thanks.

So a TE blocks and catches, both long and short, sidelines and in the middle and a WR is pretty much the same, only doesn't block?

Or does the Tight End usually stay towards the middle area of the field while Wide Receivers are nearer the sidelines?

Thanks.

586358566[/snapback]

Basically the TE would traditionally be a down the middle guy. But again nowadays TEs are lining up more and more in what are traditionally WR slots at the line of scrimmage. And they've even become deep threats. So for today's TE your first description is closer.

586357766[/snapback]

thats a scary thought! :pinch:

Did you see Largent back on his days? Talent, speed, class, awesome receiver skills and all that in a WHITE guy!  :happy:

586357761[/snapback]

Largent was the man! Too bad he played for a really sorry Seahawks organization at the time.

Owens is a great receiver, but who would really want this guy on his team? There are enough problems getting a team to gel from one year to the next without bringing in implanting a tumor in the organization.

It's amazing how he could turn so much good will into such a horrible mess.  When dude came back for that SuperBowl so fast and was really effective, he had it nailed.  He was Teh HeRoEs!

Now, he looks like a greedy scumbag.

You tryin' to tell me that 7 years 49 million is not enough to feed your family?

OH MAN!!!

Nobody forced dude to sign for 7 years.  He could have signed a 1 or 2 year deal and then played the free agent market after that.  It's his own agents fault for not filing the paperwork when he was with the 49'rs.

And what is the deal with his new agent?  What a trouble maker!

I hope Philly holds its ground firm.  I'd rather see him benched like Keyshawn. 

GREEDY SCUMBAG!

586357812[/snapback]

The best has to be one night on the Philadelphia local news that I was watching when Owen's agent, Rosenhouse, was interviewed and he actually said "Owens goes out there every game and puts his life on the line."

All I have to say is OWENS GOT SERVED, by Andy Reid.

Best training camp I can remember ever.

Edited by jmole