Vista setup.exe corrupted ...

Hey everyone,

I finished downloading the image (64-bit version of the Client, 1.8GB) and I mounted it in an emulator, to check if it worked. Well, it didn't... For some reason, every "exe" in the ISO seems to be corrupted or something. Everytime I run setup.exe for example, it says it's not a valid Win32 Application. Now all the other files on the DVD look ok; I hope that includes the install.wim file :p . I have satellite internet, so it took me a little while to download that. I don't want to start over, because it's already slow and long as it is.

Can anyone help ?

Perhaps send me an md5 of the ISO, and the install.wim file ?

Thanks in advance !

Well. Lets pick apart the error message.

Not a valid Win32 application. Of course its not. Its a 64 bit application.

Are you running Windows XP x64? I've never actually tried out Vista, but I'd think in order to run a virtual PC type thing for x64, you'd need an x64 OS.

Are you running an emulator capable of dealing with 64 bits?

'lorz hahha'? What are you, a two year old? Did you even LOOK for his specs in his sig?

586358471[/snapback]

Stop editing your posts. The insults you put in the original post were better

edit: he's asking for someone to send him the iso of vista. -> On a neowin thread<-. And I get flamed? wtf is wrong with you people tonight?!

I'll spread my unwelcomed sarcasm somewhere else

OMFG. can't believe it.

Do you have a 64 bit CPU ?????

lolrz hahha

586358462[/snapback]

Umm, yeah, he does actually, if you read his sig!!

I seem to remember that VMWare doesn't let you run a 64bit OS in a 32 Bit host OS, if that is what you are using. This obviously applies to both 32 and 64 bit processors.

Dougal.

I do NOT want anyone to send me the ISO, geez.

If it is not clear for you : YES I HAVE A 64-bit Processor, why in death's name would I have downloaded the 64-bit version otherwise ?

Now ...

Is it because im running a 32-bit OS that the setup program won't run ? I don't think that's the problem ...

And for god's sake will someone give Dr.Jones a CHILL PILL :angry: !

EDIT @Dr.Jones:

What part of my post do you not understand. I want an MD5 HASH, not the freaking image ! I want to make sure my files are genuine. What is wrong with YOU tonight ?

wow, we both need to chill, man

Where exactly are you running setup.exe from? The emulator or XP?

I won't believe everything that I see in your sig as long as it says you're running Vista and complaining in here at the same time that it won't install.

Running it from XP you need XP 64 bit. From the emulator as it was discussed earlier you probably cant

wow, we both need to chill, man

586358567[/snapback]

Indeed, keep it on topic. Not that this topic should be here, but I'm assuming you "downloaded" Vista from connect.microsoft.com?