Gas Prices

Uh, no it's not. It's around $0.65-0.70 a liter. 1 gallon = 3.78 liters, making the price around $2.45-2.65 a gallon.

586566134[/snapback]

The only Gas Station that have seen at $0.64 a liter is Shell. All others are $0.70 or more per liter.

LOL long lines in all Shell here in Puerto Rico damn

So... am I to gather that you're all upset because the laws of supply and demand as applied to a non-renewable resource are in effect, when very few people (who are marginalized as 'hippies' or 'eco-nuts') make any attempt to decrease their intake of these substances? When alternate forms of energy have been available for decades, and nobody bothers to implement them?

I might begin to feel a shred of sympathy when you stop buying and driving SUVs and cars with ridiculously large amounts of horsepower.

It's not soo much supply and demand but also speculative buying which I would say is a subset of supply and demand. It's kind of silly that you can pre-buy and sell oil on the notion of what may happen in the future. On one hand I think it's pretty good, after all if one of these predictions were to happen one would hope that we have a fairly large chunk of oil already bought at a lower point in the past before hand, however in the now it's rather silly.

I honestly do not think that it's supply and demand because for most of my life we've been meeting demand so for the price to go up would imply that we're not quite meeting demand which I'd say is false. It's not so much gouging but the normal capitalist idea of charging the max of what people will pay.

I guess the question is does an oil company have the right to charge the maximum amount that people will pay just like a TV manufactuer or something like that?

I have to ask. You people do know that when gas is like 1.99 9/10 a gallon you are being charged $2 because the 9/10 makes it another cent. You are not paying 1.99 or 1.94 or 2.44. It rounds up.

Do you people not know/notice this or just don't care about the extra cent?

I have to ask. You people do know that when gas is like 1.99 9/10 a gallon you are being charged $2 because the 9/10 makes it another cent.  You are not paying 1.99 or 1.94 or 2.44.  It rounds up.

Do you people not know/notice this or just don't care about the extra cent?

586671210[/snapback]

its 1 funking cent :|

*ps a mod should make this a sticky whistle.gif

... and rename it whiny, wasteful, lazy capitalists.

586686584[/snapback]

what in the world?

anyway, with the new massive hurricane down south i hope prices dont go back up again :cry:

what in the world?

Well, considering that people around the have already been paying these rates for years, and their rates are going up, I don't really think anyone in this thread has anything to complain about. Not to mention that the vast majority of the world doesn't even have the ability to have a car at all, let alone massive, gas guzzling SUVs and luxury cars that use far more resources than necessary.

not trying to start a flame war

Do you personally give 10% or more of your income to a charity, then ontop of that give more money to disaster aid? you have to understand that the USA is a large country and we have alot of people over a wide spread area and need vast resources...just becuase we have money doesnt mean it sits in a big pool for people to swim threw nakedily ( i think i made up a word? :rofl: ) alot of americans farm, thus the reasons for trucks, you cant go out into the field in a small compact car and expect to be a successfull crop grower...there are alot of people who acutally need and SUV or truck, for example my dad owns an insurance agency, and he drives an SUV, why? becuase he has to go to work sites and you again cant take a four wheeled golf cart into mud, it just doesnt work....

i love how everyone in the world other than Americans think that they would never need an SUV

blah blah blah i could go on but people have the choice to buy their car, we produce our own oil and give oil to other countries...there is alot of polotics involved with gas prices and every economy

Do you personally give 10% or more of your income to a charity, then ontop of that give more money to disaster aid?

586700951[/snapback]

Why do you Americans always think that chucking money at a problem will solve it? It's not just Americans, but you're the only ones that advertise it openly. Donating to charity seems to somehow wipe your karma clean for some strange reason.

Now donate the money you saved by having not-very-taxed petrol compared to Britain to UK drivers, that would make a difference ;)

Why do you Americans always think that chucking money at a problem will solve it? It's not just Americans, but you're the only ones that advertise it openly. Donating to charity seems to somehow wipe your karma clean for some strange reason.

Now donate the money you saved by having not-very-taxed petrol compared to Britain to UK drivers, that would make a difference ;)

586701529[/snapback]

:laugh: , gotta love the global "elite".... :sleep: