Gas Prices

Pfft, what kind of excuse is this? I'm 6'4, 180 pounds, what kind of bull statement is that. I can fit in a Mini Cooper.

Well, if you are 6'4" and 180 lbs, then you have a slim build, and its no problem for you. In my case, I have back problems, and cannot stoop down to get into a compact vehicle because of two back surgeries, and I have to slide onto the seat my truck, which I might add is rather good on gas. I get close to 500 miles on a tank (highway) and about 350 around town. I take it you must be a tree hugger, so theres no apparent reasoning with your type, I can see that now.

Gas is only $2.09 a gallon here at the present time.

gas is 95.9 cents per litre here in central british columbia canada. supposed to be over a dollar around the vancouver area

on the east cost of Canada and it just came down from 103.9 a litre to 99.9, then dropped yesterday another cent to 98.9 per litre for regular unleaded. Supreme/premium is like 105.9. I gotta invest into a scooter or mercedes smart if these keep going the way they have.

For you americans out there, assuming theres 3.78 litres to a US gallon, we are paying around $3.75 per gallon. (@ 103.9 its $3.92 a gallon, at 98.9 its $3.74 a gallon - for self-serve regular unleaded)

We're paying 102.9 a liter (Nova Scotia, Canada)

1 gallon = 3.79 liters

$1 USD = $0.82 CDN

So, we pay about $3.19 USD a liter (I'm pretty sure i did that right) . . . so yeah, things are rough here big time

586184387[/snapback]

what kind of math are you doing there? you mean $3.19 US a gallon, cause clearly if its 102.9 a litre, and one USD = 0.82 CDN theres no way it could be $3.19.

One gallon is about 3.78 litres, so thats $3.89 CDN for one gallon, convert that by your multiplying factor, it would be $3.19 US a gallon. So to fill my '90 jetta it costs around $46, (45 litre tank @ 102.9 a litre its $46.31, or like $44 now) and that gets me around 450-500KM, or so depending if its highway or city.

Well, what if you are 6'3" tall and are say over 200 lbs? What kinda fuel efficient vehicle is made thats big enough for a person of that size to fit in? Dont be such a smartass before looking at both sides of the scenario, some people just cant fit into compact vehicles. Think about it  :angry:

i'm 6'2 and 200 lbs... i fit in almost every car i've driven. Maximas, Altimas, Accords, Subarus etc... I mean for christ's sake I own an 05 RSX.

it's been floating between 95c and $1.15 per litre for regular...i use 98 octane and u pay an extra 9-10c per litre for that

not good

it's been floating between 95c and $1.15 per litre for regular...i use 98 octane and u pay an extra 9-10c per litre for that

not good

586277470[/snapback]

98??? wow we use 93 here 98 kills most car around here ( i know me and my friends experimented on 2 project cars lol)

yeah well regular unleaded is 92, then they have "premium" which is 95 and then shell has optimax and bp has ultimate which are both 98 :)

I just filled up at 0.939/litre. What sucks is I can see the oil refinery as I pump, yet drive an hour east and gas is a good $0.08/litre cheaper.

how the heck is it cheaper in ontario than alberta, I'm paying 92.4$/litre in edmonton. We produce a good majority of canada's gas, why is it more expensive? argh!!

how the heck is it cheaper in ontario than alberta, I'm paying 92.4$/litre in edmonton.  We produce a good majority of canada's gas, why is it more expensive? argh!!

586277582[/snapback]

i have no idea either why the US produces so much OIL and yet are prices are so high :angry:

Up in Canada we are representing the 80? although lately it's been pushing to the mid 90's. Not that bad compared to you other guys, but we are used to like 70 and 60?/L

I remember several years ago you could get gas at $.90/gallon. Now it's around $2.30/gallon here.

586281321[/snapback]

i doubt we will ever see those again..ever :cry:

yeah well regular unleaded is 92, then they have "premium" which is 95 and then shell has optimax and bp has ultimate which are both 98 :)

586277506[/snapback]

NZ and Aus use a different rating system. So our 91/2 is their 86/7